• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you think that there will be an Alolan Pokémon League Conference in the Sun & Moon anime series?

Do you think that there will be an Alolan Pokémon League Conference in the Sun & Moon anime series?

• Total voters

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
as for ash winning..dont count on it.

he has a better chance than usual given the pretext of how this "league" is set up compared to past ones.

part of me wishes that instead of "Rainbow rocket" they bring in all the previous champions and they shut this thing down, because i'll be honest it's an affront to what a league is.

I get that Kakui wants to have one but he clearly jumped the gun with the "no qualifications" stipulation.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
he has a better chance than usual given the pretext of how this "league" is set up compared to past ones.

part of me wishes that instead of "Rainbow rocket" they bring in all the previous champions and they shut this thing down, because i'll be honest it's an affront to what a league is.

I get that Kakui wants to have one but he clearly jumped the gun with the "no qualifications" stipulation.
He wanted to have as many participants as possible due to the fact that not a lot of people actually do the Island Trials.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

It would be pretty funny actually if Ash won only for Lance to show up and basically go "lol no, win a real League scrub", sending Ash to Galar as he and all the other champions consider his 'champion' status a joke

FlygontheRavager

#1 Pokémon Anime Fan!
But it would be the right thing to do. Because this is a pathetic excuse for a league.

No...It really wouldn’t be the right thing to do. Not for that reason, anyway.

At most, they would come and tell Kukui to institute some requirements for entry (if it really matters to them that much in the first place).

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
The whole thing with people going "wE wANt a ReAl *insert league/game of a series/show" has been so overused to the point where using the word real in these cases has lost all its meaning and has been mostly used to show how much they dislike something. Just like how people use the word overrated nowadays!

It would be pretty funny actually if Ash won only for Lance to show up and basically go "lol no, win a real League scrub", sending Ash to Galar as he and all the other champions consider his 'champion' status a joke
*Charles Goodshow. Lance's and the other champions opinion doesn't really matter as they don't run the Pokémon League. It's not like it was ever confirmed all the champions are on the same level anyways.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
The whole thing with people going "wE wANt a ReAl *insert league/game of a series/show" has been so overused to the point where using the word real in these cases has lost all its meaning and has been mostly used to show how much they dislike something. Just like how people use the word overrated nowadays!

if Kakui had added some form of qualification, like needing a Z-ring or doing at least some of the island trials (you know like you do in the games) then some of us wouldn't be looking at this in such a bad light.

It's pretty sad that a main region league is going to be weaker in execution than a filler league is (You know the Orange League which did have credentials needed to beat?) not to mention there's the issue of how many pokemon a person will likely have.

If we actually get a full 6 v 6 battle i'll be surprised.

You sound like someone who's run out of arguments. Some of us have good reasons to dislike a league where anyone can enter. It's a series low.

That you have to resort to: "well using the word real has lost it's meaning", shows that you don't have any arguments in favor of this league.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Oh, and it wasn't out of character for Dawn to call Ash a kid? :rolleyes:

Beating a bunch of kids isn't going to let Ash battle with the adults, winning the Orange League and Battle Frontier wasn't enough after all. Every day it's looking like Alola will end up being like the Orange League
Besides he couldn't be a 'proper' champion and still travel, sure Diantha and Lance have jobs and Steven has a hobby but they return to their home regions to battle challengers and defend their title the proof is practically there itself. They don't go full on adventuring, and with how many Leagues occur within the span of a single year... Ash wouldn't make much progress lol

Bringing the Champion League back up and letting Ash compete(After he beats the Galar challenge) would be pretty nice, Ash wouldn't be a champion as well... Galar would already have one(Hopefully anyways, it's obvious Alola didn't because of the whole gen 1/anniversary thing. Being the first champion was cool and all, but having an established champion made it more exciting to reach that point of the game so you can beat them! And there's no reason the 'title challengers' can't come back, actually acknowledge that you won and have the old champion come back along with others). Ash would have to beat him/her to be the Champion, but being Champion isn't a requirement for the Champion League according to what was said... winning an official Pokemon League is enough, and those require *gasp* requirements to enter!

Anyways, gen 9 could then be home of the mysterious Champion League thing and while Ash is doing that he plays mentor to the Pokegirl whose battling the Gym Leaders/Masters/Whatevers of that region. Ash is still around and can play with the new fancy toys and Pokemons, while giving the Pokegirl a goal that's yet to be done for them. Alder proved powerful trainers can still be idiots and a bit silly so there's nothing forcing Ash to suddenly end up pulling a 180 again and acting like he did in XY. Being powerful doesn't mean you have to stop having personality, regardless of what "Smart Ash" fics tell you

pancakemonster

Alola...home...
After the first few rounds, everyone who wouldn't have qualified to enter in the first place will be knocked out. It'll ultimately come down to the best trainers in the region just like it always has. If anything, the fact that anyone can enter would make winning this an even bigger accomplishment than normal, since the lack of any prerequisite means that nobody could offer the excuse that they didn't feel like or get around to meeting the prerequisites. Any trainer in Alola can enter, so whoever wins is the undisputed best.