• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you think that there will be an Alolan Pokémon League Conference in the Sun & Moon anime series?

Do you think that there will be an Alolan Pokémon League Conference in the Sun & Moon anime series?

• Total voters

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
If reserves are available then could those be what gives the classmates their 6 pokemon?? I highly doubt Kiawe is gonna get 6 anytime soon and Ash has some fire types like pignite that would love to be used again

....what?
Kiawe's the only one participating. And it wouldn't exactly be fair to Kiawe, Mallow, or Lana if they won with Pokemon that didn't belong to them. Not to mention all Ash has to offer Lillie is Glalie, and nothing for Soph.
Kiawe doesn't exactly need a full team, he's not going to last until the round with six Pokemon. He'll lose in either the three/four Pokemon rounds. There are plenty of Fire types out there that have never gotten the big spotlight treatment that could benefit from Kiawe owning them like Arcanine, Rapidash or Flareon. I mean if Kiawe beat Ash I wouldn't mind in the slightest, but Kiawe's not going to last that far into the competition

They already have Ilima and Gladion participating. And there are other possible candidates like Acerola, Mina, Guzma, Hau(If he gets in), Ryuki, Discount Ben 10(LGPE rival) maybe Kukui? It'd be crowded enough

D

Deleted member 384931

....what?
Kiawe's the only one participating. And it wouldn't exactly be fair to Kiawe, Mallow, or Lana if they won with Pokemon that didn't belong to them. Not to mention all Ash has to offer Lillie is Glalie, and nothing for Soph.
Kiawe doesn't exactly need a full team, he's not going to last until the round with six Pokemon. He'll lose in either the three/four Pokemon rounds. There are plenty of Fire types out there that have never gotten the big spotlight treatment that could benefit from Kiawe owning them like Arcanine, Rapidash or Flareon. I mean if Kiawe beat Ash I wouldn't mind in the slightest, but Kiawe's not going to last that far into the competition

They already have Ilima and Gladion participating. And there are other possible candidates like Acerola, Mina, Guzma, Hau(If he gets in), Ryuki, Discount Ben 10(LGPE rival) maybe Kukui? It'd be crowded enough
I am curious if there will be trainers from another region accept Alola.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
I'm curious as to who the anime will depict as the Elite Four, considering Hala is replaced by Moylane in USUM.

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
Probably although I am not expecting anything amazing, when and if it does happen it will probably be just one big joke, Ash will rank lower than he did in the Alola arc, probably do as poorly as he did in Unova, there will be a big controversy do to fan backlash, and then the whole thing will back to square one in the next arc

DatsRight

Twist: Mallow eliminates Ash, his whole team curb stomped with just Tsareena. :p

The way things are going I'm almost worried they'd actually do that for a gag.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Twist: Mallow eliminates Ash, his whole team curb stomped with just Tsareena. :p
I would like that tbh, but I think the Ash fans would riot, harder than compared to his lost at the Kalos league.

DatsRight

I might like the concept for the sheer audacity, but I'd root for anything to knock out Tsareena.

Sophocles or Lillie, go ahead, they're fun enough to forgive for it.

CabochonJaw

Are you doubting Professor Kukui? I'm looking forward to the league because the last one was decent. Kukui is going to make it happen.

Cyb3r4c3DS

You know with how SUMO has trolled fans a lot I would not be shocked if the alola league is like the champion league. Mention but never shown. After all it is still new so it is possible it might not be done in time. (Part of me would actually laugh if this happens but I could totally see people being so pissed too)

I'm hoping that they'll keep to SM's premise of focusing more on making things FUN instead of relying on hype bait.

NO ONE is going believe Ash will win the league now, so why not just try to make some really fun and diverse battles?
I do a so do a lot of people. I mean he makes progress. If he never did ok I see the point. But last league he made it to the top 2 so to say he can't win is silly it is just taking a long time but the progress exists.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
You know with how SUMO has trolled fans a lot I would not be shocked if the alola league is like the champion league. Mention but never shown. After all it is still new so it is possible it might not be done in time. (Part of me would actually laugh if this happens but I could totally see people being so pissed too)

Please explain to me when SM has "trolled" its viewers.

SM has, since the very beginning, treated trials and the like with complete seriousness. Ash has done several of the trials in the games, with the others done by his friends, Team Rocket, and Gladion. He has also done three out of four Kahunas so far, the third he specifically challenged because he was told the League would be coming.

Sun and Moon can be goofy, wacky, and all-around silly at times, but it has never once made these concepts out to be jokes. The characters in-show have always treated them with respect.

So I'd like to know why people are constantly assuming that SM will always take the lowest common denominator when it almost never does. It was somewhat frustrating going through the Pikachu vs Mimikyu thread only to see a bunch of "Bewear will end the battle early" posts when they had little reason to think that. And guess what? That never happened.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
So I'd like to know why people are constantly assuming that SM will always take the lowest common denominator when it almost never does. It was somewhat frustrating going through the Pikachu vs Mimikyu thread only to see a bunch of "Bewear will end the battle early" posts when they had little reason to think that. And guess what? That never happened.
The fanbase is being the fanbase I guess, which is why I don't post in this section much anymore.

DatsRight

In fairness that's as much towards the anime as a whole than just SM. TR battles are not known for being depthful (even in that one we got the DEM move learn cliche). Old habits really die hard with the anime so after all these years it's best to go in with low expectations. In fairness SM is more liable to pleasantly surprise me than previous series due to how often it breaks formula.

Cyb3r4c3DS

SM has, since the very beginning, treated trials and the like with complete seriousness. Ash has done several of the trials in the games, with the others done by his friends, Team Rocket, and Gladion. He has also done three out of four Kahunas so far, the third he specifically challenged because he was told the League would be coming.

Sun and Moon can be goofy, wacky, and all-around silly at times, but it has never once made these concepts out to be jokes. The characters in-show have always treated them with respect.

I meant with possible captures. Even people here have said they felt trolled by that. No need to get triggered by a comment that was more a joke over anything geez lol

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
I meant with possible captures. Even people here have said they felt trolled by that. No need to get triggered by a comment that was more a joke over anything geez lol
I actually laughed at the Dewpider episode, especially at the last few minutes on how well the producers/writers tricked us. But I watch the show more casually and as a passtime, so whether the episodes are good or bad, I just watch them through regardless, and give my quick impressions about them.

I'm usually critical with the "status quo" of the show, which is about Ash hogging the spotlights more than the companions, especially when the latters would be written off at the end of the series, but the producers won't change their minds about it, so I just accept the reality of it.

Cyb3r4c3DS

I actually laughed at the Dewpider episode, especially at the last few minutes on how well the producers/writers tricked us. But I watch the show more casually, so whatever the episodes are good or bad, I just watch them through regardless.

I'm usually critical with the "status quo" of the show, which is about Ash hogging the spotlights more than the companions, especially when the latters would be written off at the end of the series, but the producers won't change their minds about it, so I just accept the reality of it.

Personally any episode that has been focused on the classmates to me has been really boring so I am skipping them which I never did in any prior series even BW. Honestly the only parts of SUMO I've enjoyed are Ash doing things solo,the Kanto arc or Team Rocket episodes. For some reason the episodes with his classmates just make me want to bang my head against a cement wall since I find them to be so cringe.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros

Seeing as how Bewear has been known to stop TR from confrontin Ash and co. or stopping a battle half way through, I don't see how you can't see people presuming that.