• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you think that there will be an Alolan Pokémon League Conference in the Sun & Moon anime series?

Do you think that there will be an Alolan Pokémon League Conference in the Sun & Moon anime series?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 384931

Lycanroc can learn Stomping Tantrum so that could be an option. James's Mareanie learned Knock Off the same episode it was able to use the Darknium Z so Lycanroc could follow suit.
Well Lycanrock would have learned more moves then Rowlet and Terrocat together

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Well Lycanrock would have learned more moves then Rowlet and Terrocat together
It's been getting more focus than the rest of Ash's team so it wouldn't surprise me.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Lycanroc can learn Stomping Tantrum so that could be an option. James's Mareanie learned Knock Off the same episode it was able to use the Darknium Z so Lycanroc could follow suit.
Lycanroc will barely use it because it has its own signature Z-Move.

Ignition

True, but as we saw with Rockium Z, Ash barely used that one (I can only remember it being used on Mimikyu and Nanu's Persian) so I wasn't expecting a lot of use from it

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
But that would eliminate other rivals such as Kiawe, who only done one Grand Trial.

This is why I'm not sure on what they'll do yet. It's four Grand Trials in the games, but the anime has taken liberties in Alola to have different requirements for the Grand Trials too. They really should be giving some clarification in the anime soon regarding this though. They might just say one or two Grand Trials is enough to get sufficient participants in the first Alola League at such short notice, a concern that wasn't really there in the games because a league functions so differently there. More of the classmates also joining in would be my preference, otherwise they don't get to do anything during the league.

Ignition

I wouldn't be surprised if the requirements are having a Z Ring, being recognized by the Kahunas and/or Tapu, or simply having placed. Gladion and Kiawe already fit this so it'd be fine for them

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Pikachu uses both Gigavolt Havoc and 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt so I don't really see why that would be a problem. Z-moves aren't used very frequently anyway, so Lycanroc uses Tectonic Rage 1/2 times then I'm fine with it.
But that would eliminate other rivals such as Kiawe, who only done one Grand Trial.
I'm more inclined to believe that there will be a time skip before the League, during which the writers might supposedly make Kiawe complete the remaining 3 trials.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ignition said:
I wouldn't be surprised if the requirements are having a Z Ring, being recognized by the Kahunas and/or Tapu, or simply having placed. Gladion and Kiawe already fit this so it'd be fine for them

In Kaki's case however, I wouldn't see the need for him to compete since he's part of the cast and should therefore remain as a supporting character from my vantage point instead of becoming a League rival.

DatsRight

In Kaki's case however, I wouldn't see the need for him to compete since he's part of the cast and should therefore remain as a supporting character from my vantage point instead of becoming a League rival.

Having a male companion be part of the main tournament arc would be a nice change though, especially since they're usually known for being third wheels. I mean it's standard set up that during the league all the other characters are just restricted to the audience giving commentary. Why not spruce things up for this one?

I don't think we've really had a fully realised battle between Ash and Kiawe either, just brief clips or training sessions.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I'm more inclined to believe that there will be a time skip before the League, during which the writers might supposedly make Kiawe complete the remaining 3 trials.

I really don't want this, it'd be a horrendous pacing problem and an insult to Kiawe's development. It'd be like if the writers just happened to skip over most showcases that Serena did or skipped over a bunch of gym battles with Ash and just shoved them off-screen. If Kiawe goes to do all those trials, have all those battles, and most likely learn stuff and develop there, we want to see that because Kiawe is part of the main cast.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I really don't want this, it'd be a horrendous pacing problem and an insult to Kiawe's development. It'd be like if the writers just happened to skip over most showcases that Serena did or skipped over a bunch of gym battles with Ash and just shoved them off-screen. If Kiawe goes to do all those trials, have all those battles, and most likely learn stuff and develop there, we want to see that because Kiawe is part of the main cast.
It doesn't matter whether you want it or not because it'd be really a drag to show Kiawe doing all the trials on-screen now. The writers already showcased those trials in case of Ash, showcasing them once again for Kiawe by revisiting all those places would be repetitive and feel shoehorned. So I highly doubt that the writers are gonna do that.

ShadowForce720

It doesn't matter whether you want it or not because it'd be really a drag to show Kiawe doing all the trials on-screen now. The writers already showcased those trials in case of Ash, showcasing them once again for Kiawe by revisiting all those places would be repetitive and feel shoehorned. So I highly doubt that the writers are gonna do that.

If anything I could see them showing him doing his Grand Trial against Hala because of the fact that they went out of their way to evolve Hala's Crabrawler into a Crabominable so a battle between Kiawe and Hala would be a good way to show Crabominable off and what it can do and how much stronger it has gotten, while the battle between Kiawe and Nanu could be shown on screen as it would be interesting to see how Kiawe reacts when he finds out Nanu gave the Team Rocket Trio a Z-power ring. Although I think the battle between Kiawe and Hapu will be handled off screen.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian

It all depends on execution. DP did a repeat of gym battles between Ash and Paul if I recall correctly. Kiawe has a very different battling style from Ash so you can already get very different battles through that. And the regular trials would already be completely different by definition. The main problem is that it just wouldn't feasibly fit within the time left and would focus almost everything on Kiawe and Ash. My ideal scenario right now is that they'll have a requirement for one Grand Trial to enter the league (explaining why Kiawe didn't join Ash to Ula'Ula island for the trials). Then maybe have Lillie go to Hala for a Z-Ring, he will give her a trial to obtain it instead of just giving her a Z-Ring (a different trial from what Ash did, something that challenges her), and then after that Lillie could decide to also go for a Grand Trial too. Snowy would lose to Hala due to type disadvantage and lack of evolution, despite good defensive battling tactics (let the writers remember Snowy has Snow Cloak, maybe develop this a bit in the first trial) and using a Z-Move, and you can tie that into Snowy's evolution there because it'd have a better type matchup as Ninetales, so they try again after evolving Snowy. And then you have three of the main cast eligible for the league. You don't have to get them all far, but qualification would be a great end-point for Lillie's development in this Alola series.

Of course that's very specific and wishful thinking, it's probably not going to happen like that, but I'd like it a lot more over completely rushing Kiawe's trials just to meet a 4 Grand Trial entry limit while Kiawe isn't going to win the league anyway. Might as well just push the entry requirements down to get companions to join more naturally.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Pikachu uses both Gigavolt Havoc and 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt so I don't really see why that would be a problem. Z-moves aren't used very frequently anyway, so Lycanroc uses Tectonic Rage 1/2 times then I'm fine with it.

The difference between Pikachu using "Gigavolt Havoc" & "10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt" and Lycanroc using different Z-Move, is that, both of Pikachu's Z-Move originate from one single Z-Crystal, while Lycanroc has different Z-Crystals for each move.
Meaning Ash has to change around his Z-Crystal's a lot to use the other Z-Move in case of Lycanroc or any other of his pokemon, and we rarely see Ash change around his Z-Crystal's on his Z-Power Ring (90% time its "Electrium Z" which randomly also transforms into "Pikashunium Z").
Not to mention, we haven't yet seen a battle yet in which the trainer had changed his Z-Crystal during battle. All the time, we have only seen them change the Z-Crystal before either battle start, or they use the regular one they have.

Thumbs2

In DP, they cut back from the main plot to show Jessie in the middle of random contests. They could easily do that with Kiawe.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
In DP, they cut back from the main plot to show Jessie in the middle of random contests. They could easily do that with Kiawe.

And then they took a step backwards and only showed one of Jessie's wins in Kalos, making her earn the others offscreen.... even though there were points the TRio weren't around that they could have shown her taking part in Showcases.....

I wouldn't expect to see any of Kiawe's Grand Trials, except maybe Hala

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
And then they took a step backwards and only showed one of Jessie's wins in Kalos, making her earn the others offscreen.... even though there were points the TRio weren't around that they could have shown her taking part in Showcases.....

I wouldn't expect to see any of Kiawe's Grand Trials, except maybe Hala

Jessie is an antagonist, not a protagonist, it's not remotely the same.