• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you think that there will be an Alolan Pokémon League Conference in the Sun & Moon anime series?

Do you think that there will be an Alolan Pokémon League Conference in the Sun & Moon anime series?

• Total voters

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Jessie is an antagonist, not a protagonist, it's not remotely the same.

Still a main character though
And honestly Ash and Kiawe's battles with Hapu would be too close together to even be enjoyable the second time. Nanu at least would be interesting for the interactions

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
TRio has always been treated like main characters. That's nothing new. An antagonist can be a main character anyway

Leonhart

Imagineer
Henry's Journey said:
I don't know why but I got a hush it'll all be 3 vs. 3 matches. hopefully Ash vs. Gladion is a 6 vs. 6 at least but I have my doubts.

3-on-3 for the first couple of rounds would be reasonable. And I sincerely hope that Hau and/or the LG: P/E rival are introduced soon in SM to give Satoshi some competition for the Alola League.

Henry's Journey

3-on-3 for the first couple of rounds would be reasonable. And I sincerely hope that Hau and/or the LG: P/E rival are introduced soon in SM to give Satoshi some competition for the Alola League.

Yeah, I'm not asking for all the matches to be 3 vs. 3 but I don't want them all to be 3 vs. 3, let Ash have at least one full battle (and better not lose it lol).

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I wouldn't mind everything being limited to 3-on-3 battles later on, maybe with earlier rounds being decided in Battle Royals. 6-on-6 battles tend to either really drag out the fights or have several match-ups that just aren't interesting at all. I'd prefer having more characters having something to do and more shorter battles over another Kalos league where we only really got two battles that actually mattered because the 6-on-6 battles took so long.

TRio has always been treated like main characters. That's nothing new. An antagonist can be a main character anyway

Yes, but not the point of my argument. Antagonists are different from protagonists in that protagonists are the characters your audience identifies with and follows along with. Giving antagonists off-screen power boosts or development can work fine to give them more intrigue and mystery as to their challenge (for example Gladion getting trials and team changes off-screen works fine), but giving protagonists off-screen power boosts or development causes the audience to become disjointed from the protagonist and their development, it's bad writing.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Sceptile Leaf Blade said:
I wouldn't mind everything being limited to 3-on-3 battles later on, maybe with earlier rounds being decided in Battle Royals.

A battle royale round at the Alola League actually sounds kind of intriguing since we rarely see Satoshi participate in chaotic free-for-alls like that, not counting Rocket-dan melees of course.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
now that I think about it, kanto-aside, ash's final pokemon's loss has always been against a pokemon not from the current generation:
Johto: Blaziken (3)
Hoenn: Meowth (1)
Sinnoh: Latios (3)
Unova: Lucario (4)
Kalos: Charizard (1)

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
now that I think about it, kanto-aside, ash's final pokemon's loss has always been against a pokemon not from the current generation:
Johto: Blaziken (3)
Hoenn: Meowth (1)
Sinnoh: Latios (3)
Unova: Lucario (4)
Kalos: Charizard (1)

Well it culd be a gen 8 mons this time as well I think league is still some way off and they can introduce gen 8 in 2019 anytime. And well lucario didn't took out 4 but he took ut 3 unfezeant, snivy and pikachu.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Well it culd be a gen 8 mons this time as well I think league is still some way off and they can introduce gen 8 in 2019 anytime. And well lucario didn't took out 4 but he took ut 3 unfezeant, snivy and pikachu.

Pretty sure the number is the generation the pokémon came from, not the number of pokémon eliminated

I actually want a battle royal league. I can't see too many entering due to Alola not being battle focused and it is the first league which as of now has not had any build up. It is not as if KUkui has gone out of his way to promote it and at this point it might just be something like that is just for the classmates and whoever wins graduates only for him to give them all a participation trophy and have them all graduate. Personally I'd like the battle royal route and give certain pokemon more focus so the league could be about 4 or 5 episodes. 1 ep to enter the league and check it out and 3 or 4 for battles. Maybe one or two more for a full 6 on 6 of Ash vs Kukui in the end.

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
I actually want a battle royal league. I can't see too many entering due to Alola not being battle focused and it is the first league which as of now has not had any build up. It is not as if KUkui has gone out of his way to promote it and at this point it might just be something like that is just for the classmates and whoever wins graduates only for him to give them all a participation trophy and have them all graduate. Personally I'd like the battle royal route and give certain pokemon more focus so the league could be about 4 or 5 episodes. 1 ep to enter the league and check it out and 3 or 4 for battles. Maybe one or two more for a full 6 on 6 of Ash vs Kukui in the end.
I just thought of something! Ash & Kukui were to battle in the very first episodes of the series (second iirc). Having them battle in the finals of a league will be the perfect way to end the SM series!

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
I just thought of something! Ash & Kukui were to battle in the very first episodes of the series (second iirc). Having them battle in the finals of a league will be the perfect way to end the SM series!

Maybe, but I feel the anime has foreshadowed a Pikachu vs Tapu Koko finale more. Right from the start, Tapu Koko took interest in Ash and Pikachu, and gave them a Z Ring and Z Crystal. And besides, Pikachu's got to have his routine endgame big scalp, so what better way than beating Tapu Koko.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Maybe, but I feel the anime has foreshadowed a Pikachu vs Tapu Koko finale more. Right from the start, Tapu Koko took interest in Ash and Pikachu, and gave them a Z Ring and Z Crystal. And besides, Pikachu's got to have his routine endgame big scalp, so what better way than beating Tapu Koko.
why not both? Tapu koko offers to join kukui to battle ash

If it does happen I actually want Ash to use reserves and literally go all out with his strongest Pokemon.

Henry's Journey

The last time Ash used reserves was the Sinnoh League, it's been awhile, the Unova and Kalos ones he only used the Pokemon he caught in those regions, I'd like to see Ash using reserves (probably the Kanto ones for the games promotion) but it seems unlikely.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Akkipeddi said:

I could see those two facing off at the Alola League if someone like Gladio or Kukui-hakase captures Kapu-Kokeko, although it might feel kind of kitschy if that's what the League finale would come to.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
While I do think there will be a pokemon league, I think it'll be much closer to the game version this time around with a small group of competitors facing off against the Kahuna's and then Prof. Kukui.

Thinking about it, since the league is JUST getting established, I don't even think a large group of people could even know about it. Just the main characters, friends, and family and then the folks at the pokemon school.

It's not like Kukui is putting TV ads out lol.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
While I do think there will be a pokemon league, I think it'll be much closer to the game version this time around with a small group of competitors facing off against the Kahuna's and then Prof. Kukui.

Thinking about it, since the league is JUST getting established, I don't even think a large group of people could even know about it. Just the main characters, friends, and family and then the folks at the pokemon school.

It's not like Kukui is putting TV ads out lol.

And they will still find a way for ash to lose in this league again.