• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you think that there will be an Alolan Pokémon League Conference in the Sun & Moon anime series?

Do you think that there will be an Alolan Pokémon League Conference in the Sun & Moon anime series?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 384931

I'm truthfully wondering whether the league will keep to a 'three Pokemon' limit. That way Gladion's team can stay as is and Kiawe and Ilima need only one more Pokemon. Ash could rotate his team, though stuff could happen before the league that leaves him with a similar number anyway (eg. Poipole likely being released back into Ultra Space).
I dont hope that will happen. Six to six battles would be awesome. I really hope it will happen soon

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I dont hope that will happen. Six to six battles would be awesome. I really hope it will happen soon
At this rate I don't think it will happen within a few months time, let alone even happening by the end of the year. I think it will happen more or so around late next year.

D

Deleted member 384931

At this rate I don't think it will happen within a few months time, let alone even happening by the end of the year. I think it will happen more or so around late next year.
Oh God if we would have to wait soooo long, like Mina already appearing and Kakui already talking about the league.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Oh God if we would have to wait soooo long, like Mina already appearing and Kakui already talking about the league.
But we don't know the exact timing of Ash's Poni trials, Guzzlord, Necrozma and the League so we won't yet know when they'll begin construction of the League and exactly what order they will be in. But also with Ash having already completed his Ula'ula trials, it feels it will happen so soon.

potat_lasaro

I'm kind of alive
The Alola League is just gonna be turned into a bunch of 1-on-1 battles until the Semi-Finals and most of those 1-on-1s will be skipped or just shown as still shots.

I have such low expectations for this League it ain't even funny. I'm honestly expecting it to be at most 32 trainers and just a glorified version of the Pokemon World Tournament Junior Cup. As it is, the only characters we've seen on screen that could have a full team would be Ash, Kukui, Gladion and Ilima. Otherwise others have at most two battling Pokémon.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
The Alola League is just gonna be turned into a bunch of 1-on-1 battles until the Semi-Finals and most of those 1-on-1s will be skipped or just shown as still shots.

I have such low expectations for this League it ain't even funny. I'm honestly expecting it to be at most 32 trainers and just a glorified version of the Pokemon World Tournament Junior Cup. As it is, the only characters we've seen on screen that could have a full team would be Ash, Kukui, Gladion and Ilima. Otherwise others have at most two battling Pokémon.

That's truly what I fear.....
Somebody getting denied a big battle and everybody going "It's fine, he still has the League to get a big win!", and then the Pokemon getting completely cheated like poor Noivern. Who never got a moment to shine like Glalie, Gible, and Krookodile did.

Like Torracat still needs a big win all to himself, with nobody else involved. And Poipole still lacks battles in general.

potat_lasaro

I'm kind of alive
That's truly what I fear.....
Somebody getting denied a big battle and everybody going "It's fine, he still has the League to get a big win!", and then the Pokemon getting completely cheated like poor Noivern. Who never got a moment to shine like Glalie, Gible, and Krookodile did.

Like Torracat still needs a big win all to himself, with nobody else involved. And Poipole still lacks battles in general.

I'm not really worried for Poipole. He'll have the climax of whatever is happening with Necrozma.

The ones I'm worried for are Rowlet and Torracat since the former just learned his 4th move by sleeping in a tree while visiting Tapu Bulu and hasn't had an episode for itself really. The latter should have been used against Nanu's Persian as a way to come full circle on how he used to be bullied/attacked by one before growing with Ash.

The only two I feel safe when it comes to getting battles are Pikachu and Lycanroc due to the eventual match with Gladion.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash

This is pretty much my expectations for the league as well. I'm also expecting the classmates to take part in it too.

D

Deleted member 384931

Yeah because great tournaments arent that common in Alola. Battling in general

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member

Do you have an actual reason for these expectations?

Sun and Moon hasn't had the largest number of battles, but it has had a number of good ones that weren't one-on-ones.

I'm not really worried for Poipole. He'll have the climax of whatever is happening with Necrozma.

The ones I'm worried for are Rowlet and Torracat since the former just learned his 4th move by sleeping in a tree while visiting Tapu Bulu and hasn't had an episode for itself really. The latter should have been used against Nanu's Persian as a way to come full circle on how he used to be bullied/attacked by one before growing with Ash

That Persian only attacked it in that episode. There was no full circle to be had there because it was just a random jerk Pokemon of the week.

potat_lasaro

I'm kind of alive
Do you have an actual reason for these expectations?

Sun and Moon hasn't had the largest number of battles, but it has had a number of good ones that weren't one-on-ones.

That Persian only attacked it in that episode. There was no full circle to be had there because it was just a random jerk Pokemon of the week.

1) There haven't even been many battles that weren't One-on-ones. The only ones I remember are the three Kahuna battles which were (in order) a two-on-two, a double battle, and a three-on-one. If you're including Battle Royal matches as ones that are not one-on-ones, those are essentially one-on-one-on-one-on-one, but I'll give you the second BR cause it was technically a double battle. I can't remember the Gladion debut battle, but I know his second battle was just Lycanroc vs Null despite having two others. So, yeah, there have been four battles that haven't consisted of one-on-ones (and I'm not including stuff like TRio into the equation).

2) That Persian was shown to attack Litten constantly in that episode. Going after him not only on different days but also at night. Litten was unable to defeat it on its own until Ash helped. They could have easily shown how their bond had deepened by showing them battling in unity to take down Persian (a huge leap considering how in SM7 Litten didn't want his help) instead of forcing Lycanroc down our throats in a three-on-one.

DatsRight

Other possible twist: They just cut the formalities and not have Ash compete at all. Something puts him out of action, he gets sick, missing, mucked up bad by one of Faba's inventions again, etc. with another one of the students possibly substituting for him using his team (and their Pokemon acting as the sixth member).

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Other possible twist: They just cut the formalities and not have Ash compete at all. Something puts him out of action, he gets sick, missing, mucked up bad by one of Faba's inventions again, etc. with another one of the students possibly substituting for him using his team (and their Pokemon acting as the sixth member).

Chances are knowing this series that will happen ..

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Really? Please let that not be true...

I mean so far SUMO has been pretty meh for people who don't like the whole SoL/Comedy vibe minus certain episodes. My hope is since the Kahuna battles have actually been kept to past series standards and the forced comedy doesn't hit them that the league even if small will be a good arc. My hope is the classmates just watch and don't compete so we get as little as them as possible and the league is the real reason Guzma and Plum are MIA. I'd rather they get retooled as rivals in the league since using them like they are in the games would be pointless at this point. If the league is like this I will be cool with it

Ash
Kiwae (since he actually trains)
Gladion
Hau
Guzma
Plummeria
Illimia
Maybe a few randoms to even it out to ten.

D

Deleted member 384931

I mean so far SUMO has been pretty meh for people who don't like the whole SoL/Comedy vibe minus certain episodes. My hope is since the Kahuna battles have actually been kept to past series standards and the forced comedy doesn't hit them that the league even if small will be a good arc. My hope is the classmates just watch and don't compete so we get as little as them as possible and the league is the real reason Guzma and Plum are MIA. I'd rather they get retooled as rivals in the league since using them like they are in the games would be pointless at this point. If the league is like this I will be cool with it

Ash
Kiwae (since he actually trains)
Gladion
Hau
Guzma
Plummeria
Illimia
Maybe a few randoms to even it out to ten.
We can hope. The problem is: there arent many strong trainers in Alola, or at least arent show yet.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
We can hope. The problem is: there arent many strong trainers in Alola, or at least arent show yet.
Maybe Ash is the Richie,Harrison,Alain etc of Alola and will just defeat everyone easily. Heck in a way he is kinda like Tobias. Having a mysterious Pokemon in both Poipole and his Lycanrocks form

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I'm not sure why expectations are so low for this league to be honest. It's not like past leagues had a lot of strong trainers, they generally only need like two or three besides Ash, and often new participants are introduced at the league or shortly before it. For the Alola League we already have Gladion, Kukui/Royal Mask, Ilima, and potentially Kiawe, and we're still like a year away from the league start. I'm also not sure why the scepticism for the battles is so prevalent. Aside from episodes where the battle was constrained heavily by episode time Sun and Moon has pretty much always delivered on plot-relevant battles.

DatsRight

What if Kukui sets up the 11+ age limit from the games, neglecting to find out how old Ash is (and forever will be)?