• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you think the anime writers will explore a possible relationship with Go and Ash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

QueenOfArendelle

I’m kinda iffy towards this but the recent episodes seems to somewhat confirm they might explore it. Could be cool seeing gay characters in Pokémon

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I doubt it tbh

Red and Blue

Even if Ash and Go dont have a relationship if they can confirm Go is openly gay I'd say that is something at least.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
*looks at Serena* Nope!

Go could be gay/bi but Ash will most likely be the same clueless and dense as rocks kid he was around Anabel, Angie, Miette, and Serena. Completely unaware and think Go's 'just a good buddy!'

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
This is a childrens' anime that airs worldwide.
There are several countries that air the show where "promoting homosexuality" is flat-out illegal.
This anime will not have a canon gay relationship.

Maybe if it was made just for a Japanese audience and nobody else, they might have gone there, (I mean, Sailor Moon had a canon lesbian relationship... that was hilariously censored to them being "cousins" in English, but without changing any of the animation so it came off as an incestuous lesbian relationship instead...) but as it stands? Nope, never gonna happen. They wouldn't want to risk it.

Konja7

This is a childrens' anime that airs worldwide.
There are several countries that air the show where "promoting homosexuality" is flat-out illegal.
This anime will not have a canon gay relationship.

Maybe if it was made just for a Japanese audience and nobody else, they might have gone there, (I mean, Sailor Moon had a canon lesbian relationship... that was hilariously censored to them being "cousins" in English, but without changing any of the animation so it came off as an incestuous lesbian relationship instead...) but as it stands? Nope, never gonna happen. They wouldn't want to risk it.

In fact, Japan is pretty conservative. Many times what they show depends on the type of audience to which a product is directed.

Shonen-ai or Yaoi are mainly directed to a female audience (an specific group of that audience called fujoshi).

Pokemon has a general audience (and the majority is male). So, it's extremely unlikely they will really show a romantic relationship between two male characters (especially main characters).

PS: Sailor Moon had many factors that allowed that situation.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
In fact, Japan is pretty conservative. Many times what they show depends on the type of audience to which a product is directed.

Shonen-ai or Yaoi are mainly directed to a female audience (an specific group of that audience called fujoshi).

Pokemon has a general audience (and the majority is male). So, it's extremely unlikely they will really show a romantic relationship between two male characters (especially main characters).

PS: Sailor Moon had many factors that allowed that situation.
And Japanese already see lot ship of Satoshi already

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
No.

Leonhart

Imagineer
If you mean a literal romantic relationship, then no. If the writers couldn't give Satoshi a romantic relationship with a female despite the numerous chances, I don't see why they'd explore a homosexual relationship now of all times. I'm not exactly sure why people think that Satoshi traveling with a male character means that there needs to be some romantic undercurrent going on. It's just not feasible in this anime from my perspective.

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
Err I'm all for LGBT+ representation but that would be the last thing that I could see happening in this show. Don't forget that the anime airs around the world including in Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, the United Arab Emirates, Yemen and a few dozen other homophobic territories. Do you think that the studio that producers the show would run the risk of getting the series banned in those countries if they went down the LGBT path with Ash and Go hooking up? Something tells me that the answer is no because it would affect their wallets.

Sham

The Guardian of War
I mean The Legend of Korra was airing in many non LGBT happy countries but was slick about it and did it in the very last episode. Since Pokemon is not ending anytime soon it’s doubtful that the show will ever have anything gay or LGBT related. It also adds a kind iffy implication that just because Ash and Go are close (it’s been three episodes?) that they must be lovers. Though I’m not surprised people to this day probably think Sasuke and Naruto are going to leave their wives and children and be an item.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
I mean The Legend of Korra was airing in many non LGBT happy countries but was slick about it and did it in the very last episode.

Originally, the scene was going to be much more obvious that they were in a relationship, but the mighty Nick decided to make sure it was as ambiguous as possible. Funny thing about censors. They'll show murder suicide and graphic non-gory death scenes but LGBT relationships are no go.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Originally, the scene was going to be much more obvious that they were in a relationship, but the mighty Nick decided to make sure it was as ambiguous as possible. Funny thing about censors. They'll show murder suicide and graphic non-gory death scenes but LGBT relationships are no go.
The ship was poorly handled in the first place in my opinion so I wasn’t bothered by the execution because they literally had zero hints. I really wish they would of hinted Korasami more. It was definitely due to other countries though because that’s the same series that had a suicide in its 12th episode.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.