• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do YOU think the cpu's in stadium1/2 are unfair?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyrix

Glitch Hunting Freak
Stadium one is really hard the first time you fight mewtwo alone I had to use 3 lv 100 mews (gotten by mew trick) using transform to beat him.
he knew blizzard, psychic, thunderbolt, and rest. But if he had recover I swear there'd be no way to beat him. His blizzard always hit and almost always froze my pokemon. I only beat him when I finaly froze him with my 4th mew!

Yes, at sometimes I did. But I was mostly frustrated with that game XD. For the most or very little part it was normal.

Phantom_Bugsy

So hot he's on fire.
Miho said:
There were times it seemed unfair, but for the most part, I thought it was relatively normal.

Except that one fight in Stadium 2 against Surge when his Raichu used Surf. I had out a Golem, and he used effing SURF! Raichu cannot use Surf, damn it. I swear it was cheating. But that's the only time. I think.

Evolved Surfing Pikachu ftw. D:

Silver Dragonair

OMG internetz
Phantom_Bugsy said:
Evolved Surfing Pikachu ftw. D:

LMAO

Owned...what does FTW mean? F**K the what???

becuase its WTF backwards

matrix_Logic

Nothing of interest.
I think that they are unfair...In stadium one I PWN the cups but most of the time I lose to lance in the E4. "Dragonair used Wrap! Critical Hit! Disabled from wrap" or something like that...*sigh*

minty-fivestar

Saving the world
I don't personally think they're unfair, honestly. Sure, I've screamed and yelled at the game in frustration many times, but that doesn't mean it's unfair. Means the CPUs are just very merciless, and you couldn't keep up with their challenges. XD

Best thing to do is just try again. And again. And if that doesn't work, then try a different set of Pokemon. Or else just resign yourself to your fate. Hehe.

But unfair? Nah. The Pokemon Stadium is meant to be the epitomy of Pokemon battling. The best of the best, all in one place. Besides, it gives you something to be proud of once you DO win. ^_^

.:KL:.

Killer Blaze
I do. I think Stadium is fairer than 2.

Sadly I can't remember all the details but 2 was so unfair that I pulled the cartridge out of my nintendo and threw it again the wall and it broke. I regret that so much...especially since I loved 2's mini games. Fairest part of the game if you ask me.

Stadium has its unfair moments but it'll never come close to making me break the cartridge.

Crystal Pichu

~AvatarFan~
The first one was harder for me. The gym battles were so hard and frustrating. And all I use is water pokemon. Okay well I mix my pokemon up for variety but still when I first tried the game all I used were water pokemon and they kicked my butt. Now I don't know were the game is. Mom probably sold it.

V

VulpaKokon

Sadly, I haven't had much of a chance to play Stadium 2, but I know it was leaps and bounds over the first.

Having max/close to max stats helps greatly (most of the cpu's Pokemon are max statted); the same goes for Crystal's Battle Tower.

.TraX.

Bad and Nationwide
Stadium 2, R2 was sweet.

Was nice to actually be remotely challenged in-game.

Challenge cup was unfair, other than that it was great.

Galatica Phantom

Mineral Trainer
Damn, I must suck then. Earls Poke'mon Academy(S2) pisses me off. Specificly the last student. Her Quiliva used Smokescreen x3 and Double Team x4. She couldn't be hit...

Icicle

Hm, I've never really thought it as unfair or anything.. I mean now yeah I guess after reading the posts I can see how it is considered unfair.. but from my own personal experance with the games.. they made me a better trainer and I know think more before I fight and have learned to expect anything and everything from the computers in the games.. xD

Jiggy37

Pearl Trader
The only thing I found unfair was that they had perfect stats in everything. Quite annoying, since we mere mortals had to just live with whatever we got randomly.

snorlaxlife42

<<< MY BISHIE!!!!!!!
the second game was completely unfair they gave all the j=fully evolved pokemon sucky movesets(like alakazam with confusion) and pre-evolves with great movesets (like abra with psychic,thunderpunch,and ice punch so they definelty get the advantage i mean COME ON dragonite with twister!!!! wth

-Sonansu!-

Not A Happy Camper
Hell yes it's unfair.

Especially in the first game. Here's what happened to me once (I was Blastoise, CPU was Graveler, and we both had full life):

Blastoise used Hydro Pump! It's super effective! (yet it barely takes 1/7th of Graveler's life)

Graveler used (some rock or ground attack, might have been Rock Throw or Earthquake or something)! It's not very effective! Blastoise fainted!

And then it went on that Graveler would get all these lucky OHKOs/critical hits on every Water Pokemon I threw at it, with weak/not very effective attacks, while my Pokemon barely got any damage on him with super effective attacks! Worst part is, every Pokemon on both sides were the same level (lv. 100). Made no sense to me back then, and it still doesn't now.

Last edited:

UltaFlame

I'm weird accept it
there definitely and infintively cheap. i have two of each legendary bird ok? the guy uses a frikking rattatta to beat my entire team!

also i had typhlosion, steelix two of the legendary birds (no arti) and two other pokemon i don't remember. and the guy uses articuno to wipe my entire team except! for one which was a thunder type i believe and it gets its *** owned by moltres!

Status
Not open for further replies.