• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you think the DPPt trio will meet the other Dex holders?

Do you think the DPPt trio will meet the other Dex holders?

• Yes

Votes: 46 71.9%
  • No

Votes: 18 28.1%

• Total voters

Evilchibi_pichu

Entertain me minions
So you want to see Red and the others in their 30's by the time the gen 7 chapter comes around?

I don't.

...Um, just as Ememew said, what is the problem with that? It's not like them appearing as they hit their 30 and beyond is going to cause the universe to implode. In fact, adult Dex Holders could be more interesting than the younger kids simply because it hasn't been done before. We've seen many adults trainers, but never Dex Holders or the main protagonists (as far as I know) as adults, so Kusaka would be missing a new playing field to exercise any creativity he holds.

It's not like Kusaka has to focus exclusively on the young kids just because kids are reading the manga. Kids usually are just as interested in seeing adults as they are kids, so Kusaka could make it work if he continues to evolve as a writer.

The only thing that makes me not want them to completely appear in later arcs is the fact that all these die-hard shipping idiots will start wondering "OMG Who'd green get married 2!" "I hope they got married" blah blah blah. >n<
Sure, I ship people too, but I'd rather not know about canon relationships in the future. Whatever happens happens is what I want to say.

Ugh, I had forgotten all about those fans. And I have agree with you; there definitely doesn't need to be canon pairings simply because they are older. If that would happen, I rather just have the adults get killed off off-panel. Save what dignity they had left.

Last edited:

JetshipperKekkaishi

High School DxD Fanatic
I think that it would be interesting to see. The DP trio meeting the old dex holders but that would be impossible now that Platinum is at the ending point. Highly doubt that they will. But It wouldn't be bad to see the old dex holders passed down wisdom to them.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
They probably will, Ruby, and Saphire met them so why not?

Dreamingflower

Trying out new games
I defenetly think they're going to meet up. Saque still has a few cards to play, mewtwo is still looking for her, deoxys is looking for his friend, who could be in Sinnoh, maybe Archie is in the distortion world too and some dexholders have to settle some things with Sird. So many spots that Kusaka can fill in the Platinum arc. There could be a chance for dexholders to meet casually first and then their going to help in the quest of Dia, Pearl or Platinum and the. The big battle can take place.

POKEMONISDUMB!!!!!!!!!!!!

They will. The R/S dex holders did, so they should, too.

The same for the B/W dex holders. They will meet eventually.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
The BW chapter takes place in a far away region and many years in the future.

Doubtful.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Just because the R/S trio did doesn't mean everyone will. As much as I would like one big reunion we have to be real here. It's getting harder and harder for all the Dexholders to meet up at one meeting spot. The DPPt trio could easily not meet their seniors and with how the story is going that is probably the case. I'm one of the few who don't even believe the older Dexholders will even meet Sird again. The DPPt trio might be the ones to take her down solo to retake their Pokedexes. I think they'll meet eventually but in the Platinum arc? Very unlikely. BW is so stand alone that they have even less of a chance outside the final arc of the manga series.

Pokemonfangirl

I love all Pokemon!
They better! and I believe they will. :3 Oh God, I want to see that sooo badly..
and I don't want the others to retire! D: That would sadden me..

shengar

Silent reader
For me it mustn't a reunion with the whole pokedex holder. The trio meet one of the seniors is fine for me. As for BW, I hope Caitlin somehow will mention of certain lady from a rich family like her.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Yes Special reached BW. Actually I could see the DPPt trio meeting Crystal if only because she work's with Prof. Oak and can easily lend a hand to the young trainers. Other then her and maybe Gold who might tag along, it's very unlikely in the Platinum arc for the seniors to appear. The more I think about it, the more I like the idea of them meeting the seniors one at a time instead of just one big epic battle like how Daisy met Dia and Pearl. As much as I want one, it would be a rehash of Emerald and there is plenty of time for them all to meet together as one big group and instead of fighting a big bad, maybe they could really get to know each other. I mean really do the Kanto Dexholders really know the Hoenn one's on a real personal level in Emerald?

Evilchibi_pichu

Entertain me minions
^ Agreed. I want to see them actually interact a little more than a few lines unlike with the Hoenn Dex Holders and the Kantou ones, who share only about a total of, what? Three lines with them? Though, while I like the idea of meeting the seniors one on one, I have a feeling it'll more like the younger Dex Holders meeting two at a time or each region's Dex Holders at once. That seems to fit Kusaka's quick pace more.

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
I agree with just about everything you said. I see no reason for them be retired since many of the older Dex Holders seem to love their job. So, them meeting the DPPt and any others could be very possible.

I also want to see them how they grow and change as they get older and see all the younger kids running around. I wouldn't mind seeing them all together only if it was a party or something more casual like picnic. If we need all the characters for an epic plot, I much rather see them doing different things within their "teams" that brings everything together rather than seeing them all fight at once. That way every (older) character would get equal spotlight and character development. Otherwise, it would be way too crowded and most likely would end up having popular characters take most of the spotlight.

If anything, the older they get, the more interesting they become to me.

fully-matured Blue... [drools]

[cough] When I think about it, the deal with Emerald was that, aside from comparitively fewer Dex-holders compared to now, the saga was more or less relating to the fact that every Pokemon from previous generations was now finally available in generation 3 after Ruby/Sapphire started out with a complete lock-out. On the other hand, the third versions of both generation 3 and 4 (and most likely 5) seem to have been making the most out of the entire National Dex (with a lot of help from the Battle Frontier), so it's not as if the manga couldn't complement that with a large reunion, especially when it's more than likely the end to the generation.

At any rate, I can't help wondering if the HGSS arc is really over, or if it'll get a further continuation once the volumes are released. They didn't showcase Gizamimi Pichu (considering it's a permanently unevolved Pichu, I totally would've expected Gold's Pichu to get involved with Celebi somehow), plus the end of the Emerald arc sure did leave a few hints, like Red's Eifie being with Blue's Metamon (most likely due to one of the new 4th gen evos). Though, maybe Kusaka is just continually writing himself into a corner as he tries so hard to adapt all aspects of the games (especially since Shogakukan has to give him some mindfuck of a release schedule with three parts of the story running at once); if I recall, the HGSS arc alluded to the Hall of Origins. If Gamefreak never distributes the Azure Flute (which looks extremely unlikely now that we're in a new generation; it could still be doable if it's part of a throw-back promotion for the older games promoting the Lock Capsule, but I'm really not counting on it), then officially-speaking, the Hall of Origins does not exist nor will it ever exist barring a 6th generation Diamond/Pearl remake handles the Azure Flute correctly (also unlikely; where was that GS Ball in HGSS?).

What's wrong with the Dex Holders getting old? Akira Toriyama did a bang-up job of writing Goku as a kid all the way up to being a father.

Nah, I don't expect the Sinnoh Trio to meet everyone else by the end of the Platinum arc. I do expect the Kanto Quartet to show up though, or at least Red and Yellow. There's still a lot of unfinished business with Saque, and quite frankly it would be inappropriate for anyone else to deal with her. Green's getting mentioned in the HGSS arc, so he doesn't have to show up here. As for Blue, she can go into the HGSS arc due to the fact she'll probably always have an eye out for Silver. Hell, she could be out there looking for Giovanni for all I know.

In any case, everyone's still pretty young. Red, Green, and Blue are still only 19 as of the HGSS arc, and Green's the only one with an actual paying job. Why worry about shipping? What about the Gym Leaders? Most of them are at a more acceptable marrying age.

I have no doubt, though, there there will be something connecting BW to the earlier arcs.

shengar

Silent reader
What's wrong with the Dex Holders getting old? Akira Toriyama did a bang-up job of writing Goku as a kid all the way up to being a father.
Yeah, its good to see your character developed over the time rather than having them eternally young.

In any case, everyone's still pretty young. Red, Green, and Blue are still only 19 as of the HGSS arc, and Green's the only one with an actual paying job. Why worry about shipping? What about the Gym Leaders? Most of them are at a more acceptable marrying age.
Wait, isn't Blue supposed to be 1 year older than Red and Green?
I have no doubt, though, there there will be something connecting BW to the earlier arcs.
err....how about Caitlin?

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Green is the same age as Red and Blue.

Her birthday is just before theirs, making her the oldest Dex holder.

SoulGuardian

PICHU ROXORZ!
As much as I want it to happen, I doubt it. My gut just tells me that the writers are done with Red, Blue, Green, Yellow (and probably Gold, Silver, and Crys after HGSS is published via volumes). I really think they should've been shown in the HGSS chapter, (I feel like there should've been a full reunion in the HGSS chapter between all 13 - excluding Black and White - Dex Holders, as Arceus is like the God of all Pokemon). They're probably going to start a new 10 Dex Holder group, with Dia, Pearl, Platinum, Black, White, GREY, and whatever other games comes next.

Ryan Cheong

Just wanted to say something. Well, have you guys noticed the pattern in DPPt Saga has repeated RGB Saga? You know...

Red has a Grass starter, Green has a Fire starter, Blue has a Water starter. And this applies the same to the Sinnoh Pokedex Owners: Dia has a Grass starter, Pearl has a Fire starter and Platina has a Water starter. And I will most likely agree with @SoulGuardian from above that they will create another new set of 10 Pokedex Owners.

But I think there's at least one chance for Sinnoh trio to meet with any other of their seniors. Somehow HGSS's story is tied with the Sinnoh Myths. I don't see why not for inviting Sinnoh trio to give them a hand for dealing with the Arceus. And I don't think HGSS saga is ended yet. Judging from remaining events that aren't explained yet... Like Silver's missing Father, Giovanni and Archie's vanishing in the other world, and his desire to get Manaphy mentioned in Emerald Saga.

There's so much more that needed to explain. I believe Kusaka is smart when it comes to these sort of things. So my conclusion is... I think Sinnoh trio will meet their seniors. And I really want them to. It's like one of my biggest desire in Pokemon Special!

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I don't think Kusaka is done with the Kanto Dexholders just yet but unless another FireRed and LeafGreen remake of some kind comes out they will be in the background. I've actually wondered about the possibility of a new 10 set of Dexholders as well. It would seem a little odd but it's possible. I'm also surprised that the Sinnoh Trio and Johto Trio haven't met yet due to HGSS's connections with Sinnoh. If anything those two trios should meet.