• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you think the Dragonite will be given to Drayden?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I think Iris is going to keep Dragonite.

Dax

Legend
My problem as I've stated before is that after what happened with Georgia's Beartic, where it took three Ice Attacks head on and didn't show any signs of pain then knocks the bear out in one move, something that we all know Excadrill could barely do (didn't they tie? ) if it had shown signs of pain when taking the ice moves, then I wouldn't be so critical of it, but given it's preformance against Beartic and subsequent showing of it throwing Mamoswine around like a rag doll, I think that's too strong for someone to have, even Ash, Cilan,or any main character shouldn't have a pokemon that strong.

As far as it losing goes, if it loses to do obeying Iris's commands, that's a hypocritcal way of handling the situation, it attacks like the juggernaut when it doesn't listen and curbstomps people, yet when it listens it loses? Sense this does not make.

I know it probably won't leave, (and on the plus side I look forward to seeing what happens when Jessie, James and Meowth find out she's got a Dragonite ^^ ) still I honestly don't think she should've gotten it if it was going to be so powerful.

On the off chance something does happen, hopefully Drayden gives her a dragon she can handle while he deals with Dragonite, until Iris becomes better capable of handling it.

What are you scared of that you want every character to have a limited amount of strength?

It’s not like these writers are consistent in their battles anyways. I’m sure Dragonite’s power will fluctuate between strong and uber strong maybe even weak sometimes depending on the purpose of the plot.

I’m tired of little weaklings always being on the main cast. It’s time for pokemon like Dragonite to pave their way in the show as members of the trio. It’s not like they are unbeatable. Ash should have one, Iris already does and Cilan should too. They can’t only raise out of the ordinary pokemon, they’ll never progress, we’ll never see them struggle, we’ll never see variation which is something this show seriously lacks.

TheSirPeras

The end of an era
That maybe, but Axew receives more love then her starter, thus it really wouldn't make any difference if Emolga and/or Excadrill were to leave

To be fair, all of the Pokemon have their reasons not to be abandoned.
Axew: Mascot, kinda like her starter, not going anywhere for sure
Excadrill: The Pokemon she's had since forever (you guys know what I mean by forever)
Emolga: Good friends with Axew
Dragonite: Dragon type it helps Iris' dream

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
Giving Dragonite away would seem like a huge cop-out at this point. The entire point of these disobedient Pokemon is so that their trainers learn things by making said Pokemon cooperative!

Yeah, let's give her a test and then take it away. Let's put more crap on her character. That's sure to make it better!

People just don't want her with a pokemon that outclasses everything Ash has so they want her to get rid of it. Call it what it is!
And of course, if Iris DID end up losing Dragonite, we'd just get an entirely new round of complaining about how the writers are scared to let Iris have a strong Pokemon/how Iris clearly wasn't good enough to have Dragonite in the first place/bleurghhhh.

Explain why Ash had to let go of Charizard in early Johto then?
Ash is kind of a special case since he's dragging Pokemon from one region to another, so they need to reset his team's power sometimes or else the show would have to decide between massive power creep or having Ash dominate all his battles. Iris? Not so much.

STICKTOPIA

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
What are you scared of that you want every character to have a limited amount of strength?

Thier's a fine line between limiting strength, and being overpowered, Dragonite's the latter.

Of course if you want pokemon to start ignoring pain and knock out their foes in one blow in each fight fine by me i can't sway your opinion.

I’m tired of little weaklings always being on the main cast. It’s time for pokemon like Dragonite to pave their way in the show as members of the trio. It’s not like they are unbeatable. Ash should have one, Iris already does and Cilan should too. They can’t only raise out of the ordinary pokemon, they’ll never progress, we’ll never see them struggle, we’ll never see variation which is something this show seriously lacks.

I never said Ash or anyone else shouldn't have powerhouses, but developing them over time and watching them grow into said powerhouses is a lot better than just "oh here ya go, use this really powerful pokemon and kill all who oppose you with ease."

Variation doesn't need to lead to overkill Dax, but again if that's what you want, it's fine. I can't sway your opinion.

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
Giovanni could take Dragonite.

More than that, I think it would be interesting if Giovanni, or even just plain old Team Rocket (JJM, and Zager), actually seduce Dragonite to the evil side. The set up would be perfect if Dragonite starts listening to Iris, only to get beaten by Ash and Krookodile. They could promise to make Dragonite even stronger and able to battle without having to listen to an incompetent child who has "delusions of grandeur". It could show that Iris has a long way to go to be a dragon master, and it also shows that Pokémon can make their own choices as well, developing the characters of both Iris and Dragonite in the process, especially when TR is beaten and if Dragonite goes back to being Iris's Pokémon, if he goes back to her at all. There could be a trust issue there after the incident that could be interesting in the future if he does go back to Iris, either willingly or by force.

Col-Erase

... Why?

TR is gone for the most part, only coming around once every blue moon. Their Pokemon are weak and none of the main characters are ever forced to use they're strongest when fighting them now.

The problems they run into every episode are mostly not solved by battles or power.

And even then, Iris has shown that she's willing to use her NON-POWERHOUSE Pokemon for normal battles because she wants to train them and make them stronger instead of just being focused on winning.

And on top of that ... why would Iris give away a strong Dragon Type to a Dragon Master? She would have to decide to no longer have an interest in dragon types for that to happen, other wise she could just keep training them until she's a Dragon Master. Unlike Ash she doesn't have to go all over the place, I could see her just staying in the dragon villy if she wants to train Axew or Fraxure and Dragonite against other Dragon Types.

And I disagree with the notion that Iris would use Dragonite against his Haxorus. I think that's all Excadrill. Epic one Pokemon rematch where he either ties or wins. Same with the bear ... but for Axew. What point would there be in having the bear fight Dragonite again after it was just curb-stomped with a OHKO? And why battle her again with a Non-Dragon type just for her to b**** about it not counting? I think either Axew ends up fighting it as a Fraxture and winning or it evolves into a Hax to win, "ending" their rivalry before Iris leaves.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Drayden getting it makes less sense than Iris getting it, unless it wasn't formally traded and just left to train, such as Charizard and Gliscor.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
And on top of that ... why would Iris give away a strong Dragon Type to a Dragon Master? She would have to decide to no longer have an interest in dragon types for that to happen, other wise she could just keep training them until she's a Dragon Master. Unlike Ash she doesn't have to go all over the place, I could see her just staying in the dragon villy if she wants to train Axew or Fraxure and Dragonite against other Dragon Types.

Because she may know Drayden can bring out is true potential. Or let it battle other dragons. I am seriously getting Charizard flashback vibes here...remember early Johto?

Col-Erase

Because she may know Drayden can bring out is true potential. Or let it battle other dragons. I am seriously getting Charizard flashback vibes here...remember early Johto?

... Then why not leave Axew with him as well? I mean, he's a Dragon Master ... he should know how to raise an Axew better then younger trainers, right?
And she believes she will one day be a Dragon Master ... so why wouldn't she want to have Dragon Pokemon that she can test her Dragon Master skills on? It's not like she's on some time limit with Dragonite, it will stick around as she grows. At MOST I see her asking for pointers (... hell, I could see him giving her another Dragon to raise along side her other 2 to hammer in the whole prodigy trait). Actually, I think Iris asks Cynthia for pointers in the next Episode.

And Ash had to let go of Charizard because the writers wanted to make room for other Pokemon and reset his team.

Dax

Legend

If she's going to give every powerful dragon type to another trainer, then she's never going to become a Dragon Master.

You guys live in this misconception that because Dragonite is already strong it can't give anything to Iris and that only evolving a weak pokemon into a strong one is valid development. She can learn a lot from an overwhelmingly strong pokemon that first didn't obey her and when it does ends up losing.

And this is not Johto. Iris doesn't need to leave Pokemon at a place to make room for others especially when her team is not even full.

If she's going to give every powerful dragon type to another trainer, then she's never going to become a Dragon Master.

You guys live in this misconception that because Dragonite is already strong it can't give anything to Iris and that only evolving a weak pokemon into a strong one is valid development. She can learn a lot from an overwhelmingly strong pokemon that first didn't obey her and when it does ends up losing.

And this is not Johto. Iris doesn't need to leave Pokemon at a place to make room for others especially when her team is not even full.

One of the best posts I've ever read. Couldn't have said it better myself.

nuzamaki90

Eh, I can see Drayden giving Iris some advice and battling pointers to help bring out it's full potential. I don't see Drayden just keeping Dragonite to train.

I'm also thinking this because no main character, besides Dawn (still don't understand why) has left behind one of their Pokemon for training.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Nah, they 'll at least hold it off for about another season before they drop him. She did just get him, and it'd be a waste of character.

shelldude400

Hell no, the capture would be entirely useless then.
Drayden has no right to take Dragonite away from her either.
She just needs to bond with him more, and who knows, this could be the tail end of the saga.

Status
Not open for further replies.