• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

do you think the "little" legendary Pokémon can beat the larger legendaries?

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
I think that the "Big" Legendary`s can be beaten by the "little" Legendary`s.Manapy could beat Entei,because Manaphy knows water type moves.Amywho,It`s not size that mattters,it`s the known moves.

Torpoleon

You are the one who wrong. The 3 Regis are so little compare to the giant legendaries, that all three together were weaker than Regigigas. So one alone is beaten by him very easilly.
I'm not wrong. Yes, one alone might get beaten easily. They are not that little compared to Regigigas. Size does not matter in the anime so stop bringing it up all the dang time! I'm just done posting in this thread now.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I think that the "Big" Legendary`s can be beaten by the "little" Legendary`s.Manapy could beat Entei,because Manaphy knows water type moves.Amywho,It`s not size that mattters,it`s the known moves.

Of course it can happen, because there is no big difference between Manapy to Entei. It's like Bulbasaur against Meganium. But there is a big difference between Entei for example to Dialga.

I was talking about very giant pokemon VS pokemon which under 2.2 meters.
Dialga, Palkia, Groudon, Kyogre, Giratina, Rayquaza.
I think that Darkrai can't beat Giratina for example, because Giratina is huge compare to him, although Dark type is very effective against Giratina.
I also don't think Registeel or Articuno are able to beat Groudon. Their Ice type attacks are very strong but I don't know if they can hurt him hard.

Last edited:

GOONER1991

Pokemon Master...
Darkrai could beat Giratina, because Darkrai could Hypnotise him, and then proceed to faint attack him.

Entei could countinually Earthquake Dialga.

Regice and Articuno could freeze Groudon, and then proceed to Ice Beam him...

See... size means nothing, there isn't a great difference between their stats, and regardless of their size, type differences still take effect.

Kotone

Oh gee didn't anyone get what Ash-Kid was trying to say other than me? He says that he doesn't think small sized legendaries can beat the colossal sized pokemon like Giratina , Dialga... (although there are a few exceptions like Mewtwo). In the anime Charizard beat Articuno and Pikachu beat Regice. But I don't think they could do much if they attacked Dialga and Palkia and stuff. To all the game players out there. He means the non-uber legendaries against ubers (which almost all of them are collosal). Yes in game Entei's eartquake could hurt Dialga but in the anime , Dialga would just fly away or instant faint entei with roar of time. It's the anime section.

Last edited:

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Darkrai could beat Giratina, because Darkrai could Hypnotise him, and then proceed to faint attack him.

Entei could countinually Earthquake Dialga.

Regice and Articuno could freeze Groudon, and then proceed to Ice Beam him...

See... size means nothing, there isn't a great difference between their stats, and regardless of their size, type differences still take effect.

I don't think Entei can "Earthquake" Dialga. Every attack will be blocked. And even if his attacks will hit, it won't hurt Dialga so much. Actually I don't see any little legendary that able to beat Dialga and Palkia.
The problem with Regice and Articuno is that when they will use an ice beam, Groudon will use a powerfull attack of himself so I think he will shock them.
About Darkrai's Hipnosis, it's a good idea. But Giratina is so powerfull that he can blow away every attack with Ominous Wind. But in one moment Darkrai can do that.

Yes in game Entei's eartquake could hurt Dialga but in the anime , Dialga would just fly away or instant faint entei with roar of time. It's the anime section.
Yes that's what I meant.

Last edited:

GOONER1991

Pokemon Master...
All the little legendaries are quicker than the bigger ones though, so they can get off their attacks faster.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
It depends on which legendary we're talking about.

Though most bigger legendaries have more power than smaller ones. And with move power I don't mean attacks, I mean control over time, space, antimatter, life etc.

HoennMaster

Do you really think one of the Regis/beast/birds can beat Groudon, Dialga, Palkia, Lugia, Arceus, Rayquaza or Giratina? I doubt because they won't be able to hurt them although they are legendaries. I think that only the giant legendaries can beat the other giants.

For goodness sakes, not matter how much you think it does, size does not determine power. Yeah, Zapdos and Raikou could defeat Palkia or Kyogre due to types, same goes for Articuno and Suicune when it comes to Groudon, or Moltres and Entei when battling Dialga.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
For goodness sakes, not matter how much you think it does, size does not determine power. Yeah, Zapdos and Raikou could defeat Palkia or Kyogre due to types, same goes for Articuno and Suicune when it comes to Groudon, or Moltres and Entei when battling Dialga.

Yes but give a reason why and don't just say that as a fact.
The hits of Moltres and Entei just won't harm Dialga but you just can't realize.
If Regigigas is stronger than all Regis together, it's obviouse that all the giants will beat the little.
And... I asked if Zapdos or Raikou could defeat Palkia , not if Zapdos and Raikou could defeat Palkia .

pigingy

I don't think that any of the legendaries can actually beat another one. theyd probably end up beating each other up at the same time and faint at the same time.

J-boogie200

Great thread ASH-KID!

I actually do believe they can, they'd just have to use their brains, and bring out the strength within.

Swampert_trainer

Laughs at thunder
Shaymin's Seed Flare says hi. Shaymin was able to do some damage to Giratina with that powerful Grass type move.

In the anime, Legendary Pokemon aren't terribly powerful. They're Legendary, because there is a legend around them and they're rare. Charizard was able to battle Entei and they were about equal in power. Its also been shown in the Anime, that Pokemon the size of Pikachu can't really do that much damage to Legendary Pokemon the size of Dialga and Palkia. Pikachu couldn't really damage Zapdos in the second movie.

So I really doubt a Pokemon like Shaymin would be able to defeat a Pokemon like Arceus. Not because Shaymin is small but because it would be hard for his attacks to do much damage against giant Legendaries and it would be hard for Shaymin to dodge giant attacks from giant Pokemon. Still, a close range Seed Flare from Shaymin would probably do some serious damage to even the larger Legendary pokemon. Manaphy however probably wouldn't be able to battle Palkia.

HoennMaster

Yes but give a reason why and don't just say that as a fact.
The hits of Moltres and Entei just won't harm Dialga but you just can't realize.
If Regigigas is stronger than all Regis together, it's obviouse that all the giants will beat the little.
And... I asked if Zapdos or Raikou could defeat Palkia , not if Zapdos and Raikou could defeat Palkia .

Size doesn't determine power, sure I can't 100% prove that is fact, but you can't prove that it isn't either. Although, think of it this way, getting hit in the head with a golf ball thrown across the field is going to hurt just as much as a basketball thrown from the same place.

Moltres and Entei are Fire-Types, Dialga is part Steel, yeah, they will harm Dialga.

The Regis are a very different case, so that is not a valid argument for the rest of the Legendaries.

Your last statement makes no sense...you just repeated yourself.

The Legendary birds owned Lugia when they combined their strength in the second movie. Granted, they were a bit larger, but my point stands. I guess we're talking about one on one matchups.

Kotone

The Legendary birds owned Lugia when they combined their strength in the second movie. Granted, they were a bit larger, but my point stands. I guess we're talking about one on one matchups.

That fight Lugia was just stalling though. Remember with one aeroblast he 1 hit koed moltres and zapdos.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Size doesn't determine power, sure I can't 100% prove that is fact, but you can't prove that it isn't either. Although, think of it this way, getting hit in the head with a golf ball thrown across the field is going to hurt just as much as a basketball thrown from the same place.

Moltres and Entei are Fire-Types, Dialga is part Steel, yeah, they will harm Dialga.

The Regis are a very different case, so that is not a valid argument for the rest of the Legendaries.

Your last statement makes no sense...you just repeated yourself.

So you are actually admit. You just said something else, you said "size does not determine power", so why suddenly you change an opinion and saying that the Regis are "different case"?

And.. you forgot that Entei's Fire attack won't harm to Dialga because he is also a Dragon type, so it have a normal effect on him.

Last edited:

MistyMay

Would Mewtwo be consider small?

Based on the anime, Mewtwo would be able to take down the other legendaries pokemon.

HoennMaster

So you are actually admit. You just said something else, you said "size does not determine power", so why suddenly you change an opinion and saying that the Regis are "different case"?

And.. you forgot that Entei's Fire attack won't harm to Dialga because he is also a Dragon type, so it have a normal effect on him.

I'm not changing my opinion at all. Regigigas is the master of the Regis, it is suppose to be more powerful, but that's not because of size, it's because of the idea of why it was created.

Yes, Fire is still going to do some nice damage to it, especially if we're talking about the anime.

High Commander Solomon

This is MADNESS!
Depends on too much. If the minor legendaries can be faced down by a well-trained Charizard it's not out of the question, but how often do these guys fight? They may not know how to press any advantages they have. Heck, the ones that do probably haven't challenged anything on their own level that often.