• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you think the music nowadays have lost the "feeling"?

Fused

Shun the nonbeliever
Some music today has lsot the feeling, but some still has actual meaning to people, not just the songwriter. I mean, nothing is going to compare to the works of Boston or Cheap Trick, but there are some bands that capture an essence jsut like those bands did. There are bands out there that care about their content rather than their fame, like (and I know this sounds wierd) but Blink-182's untitled/eponymous album had a more sincere and truthful feeling, as well as Sum 41's Underclass Hero. Imogen Heap has a great vibe throughout all of her music, and other more modern bands still capture an essence that will ring true forever. There are still gems in the world.

Of course, the above are my opinions, and everyone has their own definition of what the feeling is, but mine lies with the style of music that I feel speaks to me. That's the feeling I think we're talking about here, is if music can still connect.

Last edited:

Korusan

Banned
I hate most of what I hear today on the basis that I find it completely stupid. The standard's lost in my book. I don't care if a song has a 'good beat' or if it's from 5 years ago, 10 years ago, or 30 years ago; if I can't pull anything from a song other than incomprehensible lyrics, atrocious synthesizers, or the same 5 words repeated for three and a half minutes, of course I'm going to despise it.

I could care a less if you enjoy it though. Whatever works, kay?

Grei

not the color
I hate most of what I hear today on the basis that I find it completely stupid. The standard's lost in my book. I don't care if a song has a 'good beat' or if it's from 5 years ago, 10 years ago, or 30 years ago; if I can't pull anything from a song other than incomprehensible lyrics, atrocious synthesizers, or the same 5 words repeated for three and a half minutes, of course I'm going to despise it.

Y'know what's completely stupid? Baseless generalizations. Not every song produced today has incomprehensible lyrics, atrocious synthesizers, and the same 5 words repeated throughout the entire song. In fact, I've never heard a song like that before in my life. Separately, I've heard annoying lyrics, but that's all. You're pulling your hatred for music out of nothing.

Good music exists. Great music exists. You just need to look for it, and look further than simply the radio. There's more than one genre, more than one type of music.

Korusan

Banned
Granted, I don't take the time to look for it, but I did say "most" for a reason. Because I realize there are those exceptions.

To counter your third sentence, I made a point of point an 'or' there. Those three generalizations rarely appear together often, but you can usually find one or two of them in most of what constitutes as "good" nowadays.

Read before you rebuttle.

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
songs nowadays is all about clubbing, Lil Wayne(aka steals lyrics) , Chicken or Turkey Dance, Auto Tunes. Most songs thats on the radio doesn't have the vibe and meaning. But good thing 1 radio station plays my old school hits.

D-Boi

Bitter Twist

Granted, I don't take the time to look for it, but I did say "most" for a reason. Because I realize there are those exceptions.

To counter your third sentence, I made a point of point an 'or' there. Those three generalizations rarely appear together often, but you can usually find one or two of them in most of what constitutes as "good" nowadays.

There's a little button on your radio player that says "off" and "on". Turn it to the former, IT DOES WONDERS. :>

raichu2626

Volt Tackle
If your listening to mainstream music then yeah it sucks but there are plenty of great songs that have "feeling", just gotta look harder. On another related subject some of the best lyricists are writing music now, they just don't sing/rap on the radio

Scarlet.

Uhmm..Rock musics has feelings most of the time yeah? But hip-hop and rap music barely has any feelings,Those musics were made for to make you dance. But there is alot more music that has feelings. I don't listen that much to pop music but i think pop music has feelings too. But i can say rock music has feelings all the time, Now,Yesterday or Tomorrow you name it.

D-Boi

Bitter Twist
Uhmm..Rock musics has feelings most of the time yeah? But hip-hop and rap music barely has any feelings,Those musics were made for to make you dance. But there is alot more music that has feelings. I don't listen that much to pop music but i think pop music has feelings too. But i can say rock music has feelings all the time, Now,Yesterday or Tomorrow you name it.
AHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
AHHAAAAH
AHHA
AHAHH
AAHHHAAAAAAAAA

That's not the point, homes. It doesn't help when every grocery, clothing, or convience store I walk into is playing the Billboard Top 40.

So you solely rely on other outlets than your own efforts to finding and listening to music? Christ almighty you're a sad one, homeslice. Then I'll give it to you in my best Eddie Griffin impersonation from Voo Doo Child:

"DIG, MOTHERFUCKER!!! DIG!!!"

And for the sake of turning this thread into a fuckin' moshpit: EVERYONEPLZSTFUKTHNXBAI

Tyridium

COD fan
It's true, POP music never has feeling behind it, Newton faulkner does have feeling, he basses the music on his couple of years on the streets, poor newtie only played music, went to music accademy and came out top of the school but at music accademies you don't get A levels and the like so he was stuck there, his songs have emotion behind

also I agree David bowie, sting and the police, peter gabriel and Genesis, pink floyd, even newer R.E.M are good and have that sence of atmosphere and presence behind them unlike pop and rap.

Tim the turtle

Happy Mudkip
It's true, POP music never has feeling behind it, Newton faulkner does have feeling, he basses the music on his couple of years on the streets, poor newtie only played music, went to music accademy and came out top of the school but at music accademies you don't get A levels and the like so he was stuck there, his songs have emotion behind

also I agree David bowie, sting and the police, peter gabriel and Genesis, pink floyd, even newer R.E.M are good and have that sence of atmosphere and presence behind them unlike pop and rap.
You fucktards just don't quit do you?

Grei

not the color

I did.

"Separately, I've heard annoying lyrics, but that's all. You're pulling your hatred for music out of nothing."

Meaning I haven't heard any of the other things you talked about.
And personally, I feel there is quite a large amount of good music out there--good being actually good music, not the generic pop, rap, country, metal, or rock stuff that was written solely for money, like what you'd often hear on the radio.

Way to be really biased. There is great music from every single genre. If there wasn't, the "bad" genres--pop and rap--probably wouldn't be quite so popular or abundant, would they?

Just because you hear generic pop (the same recycled beat and crappy lyrics) or rap (being about sex, drinking, drugs, and violence) all the time doesn't mean that's all that's out there. Good pop does exist. The origins of rap weren't anything like the music most "rappers" now call "rap"--the lyrics often had meaning, or at least were more varied than the generics we hear from the radio.

Last edited:

Who?

David Bowie has not done anything since 2003, and nothing worthy of classic status since 1983 (arguable on the last few albums from '02 and '03, but everything else? fffffffffff yeah right!), the Police have produced nothing new in the studio since 1983, Peter Gabriel and Genesis have been separated since 1974, and Pink Floyd have been proken up since 1994. R.E.M. have had feeling for some time, but I haven't heard an R.E.M. album that was universally good since 1991, and the only feeling they really have is depressed. Yeah. So, what, again, does this random sample of five dinosaur acts have to do with this thread? Is this in reply to something? Id so, what? We're talking about modern music having lost feeling. Not to mention, the closed-mindedness about genres you make very clear...

Korusan

Banned
So you solely rely on other outlets than your own efforts to finding and listening to music? Christ almighty you're a sad one, homeslice. Then I'll give it to you in my best Eddie Griffin impersonation from Voo Doo Child:
Listen, bro, all I'm saying is that what is "popular" today isn't really all that good. I know where to find good music - doesn't mean I can't say that I hate the bad stuff. No need to have a brain aneurysm over it.

Well maybe. But I mostly view music as a form of entertainment, so I guess I can't really awnser that.

D-Boi

Bitter Twist
Listen, bro, all I'm saying is that what is "popular" today isn't really all that good. I know where to find good music - doesn't mean I can't say that I hate the bad stuff. No need to have a brain aneurysm over it.
All fine and well.

Rave

Banned
I'll only say that alot of groups seem rather crappy, mostly because they tend to be some sort of copy or gimmick of the same sound you hear everywhere else.

I like it when they at least try to experiment and at least push their talents past their boundaries instead of staying in the same comfort zone.