• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you think the Pokemon fandom suffers from "tyranny of the majority"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTypeStarter

In case you do not know what that means, look it up. But in the Pokemon fandom, it seems that the majority tends to decide the direction of the franchise. For instance, I think it was once a fact that Gen 3 was bad. Likewise, the majority decided that Gen 6, particularly X and Y, was bad. Even Let's Go got hated. And most recently is the National Dex. And there are where Game Freak needs to give up on Pokemon. And the anime fares no better, seems actually worse, where "true fans" hated BW and SM. I am not too famliar with the manga fandom. Meanwhile, it see the more peaceful fans who want to enjoy the franchise, get called mindless consumers or not true fans, while the ones with "unpopular opinions" I am not sure how they are treated. To put simply, the majority tends to decide whether or not Pokemon is going bad, and what needs to be changed. I am not good at explaining but I think I explained as best as I could. What is your opinion on the state for the fandom?

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
The idea of “tyranny of the fan base” is dumb because the collective opinion of random people online is inconsequential and don’t understand why people give it more thought than it needs. I ultimately don’t give that much thought to people’s opinions online because it’s usually two extremes just making the other side seem like they’re objectively wrong. Look at the Dexit: you were either a shill or ungrateful. It’s not just a Pokémon fan base problem either.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Locking this, as this kind of thread usually leads to arguing and not any kind of discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.