• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you think the SM series improved or worsen the anime? How will it impact the 8th gen anime series

Jeal

Are you talking about the entire anime series? Cause then yeah, I can see that happening, tweaking the anime good enough to grab your attention for a while to make you somewhat interested in the Pokemon franchise. However the reason why Gen 3 is so interesting is that many people saw it as the time where the potential of marketing, the lifeblood of the series was passed on to the games as in the Pokemon series manage to stay alive during the decline of Gen 3 because of the games alone. What I find interesting is that since then, the entire Pokemon company dialed back on series of Pokemon merchandise over time, not just the anime, but also the TCG, games, and I guess toys but I don't really care for toys that much.

True but AG's still an interesting case as it's part of a much larger decline that encompasses the entire Pokemon series. I don't know if the internet impacted it as well to be honest but the decline for later series is understandable in this day & age, not just for Pokemon but any anime series really, because of the internet.
What are you talking about? We were talking about following the games plot, why are you talking about ratings?

AG didn't lose more views than any other saga, it was BW who lost more than half the viewers.

PorcelainVulpix

currently watching LOK
For the anime's standarts, it was closely. Team Rocket, Team Galactic, Team Plasma and Team Flare adaptations ignored completely the games.

AG017: Adapted the attack to Devon Corporation.
AG018: Adapted the Briney and Peeko story.
AG036: Attack on the museum.
AG054: Fight for the meteorite.
AG083: Attack on the Weather Institute.

OS had the highest ratings.

@PorcelainVulpix This blog has the ratings up to BW divided for saga. Scroll down.

http://sircharizard.blogspot.com/2015/07/a-audiencia-de-todos-os-episodios.html
http://sircharizard.blogspot.com/2015/08/a-audiencia-de-todos-os-episodios.html
http://sircharizard.blogspot.com/2015/08/a-audiencia-de-todos-os-episodios_7.html
http://sircharizard.blogspot.com/2015/08/a-audiencia-de-todos-os-episodios_14.html
http://sircharizard.blogspot.com/2015/08/a-audiencia-de-todos-os-episodios_27.html
http://sircharizard.blogspot.com/2015/09/a-audiencia-de-todos-os-episodios.html
http://sircharizard.blogspot.com/2015/10/a-audiencia-de-todos-os-episodios.html

The ratings of the anime decreased every generation since OS. It wasn't just AG.

Not going to lie, I wasn't expecting the drop in ratings since OS to be so..drastic. Maybe my generation appreciated the anime a little more? I'm starting feel old lol

Jeal

Not going to lie, I wasn't expecting the drop in ratings since OS to be so..drastic. Maybe my generation appreciated the anime a little more? I'm starting feel old lol
Well, Pokémon was a fresh anime at the time, the franquise was in a fever. So, the fever ended, the kids grown up, less kids were born, and after a time, the internet become better and acessible.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
What are you talking about? We were talking about following the games plot, why are you talking about ratings?

AG didn't lose more views than any other saga, it was BW who lost more than half the viewers.
Yup. We were talking about the games plot first, and you have a point. Then you brought up ratings in your response to me, so decided to respond in the same comment. Since I have no clue where my information is coming from, how about I'll just say your right until some of the veteran Serebii members here bring up the topic again or I find my sources again, that works out for you?

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Well, Pokémon was a fresh anime at the time, the franquise was in a fever. So, the fever ended, the kids grown up, less kids were born, and after a time, the internet become better and acessible.
Yeah, it's about the novelty of the Pokemon anime existence that wears off after a while, not too mention the internet becoming more mainstream to watch them. Even if XY was a favorite for certain people, there's no deny that the tv ratings about the overall show were still in decline.

Jeal

Yup. We were talking about the games plot first, and you have a point. Then you brought up ratings in your response to me, so decided to respond in the same comment. Since I have no clue where my information is coming from, how about I'll just say your right until some of the veteran Serebii members here bring up the topic again or I find my sources again, that works out for you?
It was you who brought up ratings, I just replied to your comment. And I already posted the ratings in my previous posts.

Honestly in a way, I guess it's sort of a good thing that AG's shallow storytelling ended up costing them a huge chunk of viewers. It made the anime crew realize they needed to spice things up for the upcoming DP adaptation.

shoz999

It was you who brought up ratings, I just replied to your comment.
Nope. PorcelainVulpix brought up the idea of ratings. Then I made it into a point of discussion. Then you brought up ratings in your response to the AG plot.

Jeal

Nope. PorcelainVulpix brought up the idea of ratings. Then I made it into a point of discussion. Then you brought up ratings in your response to the AG plot.
Dude, it was you. I literally proved quoting your post. You said AG lost many viewers, so PorcelainVulpix believed, and asked your sources, so you stated again the loss of viewers in AG, which I replied to with sources.

shoz999

Dude, it was you. I literally proved quoting your post. You said AG lost many viewers, so PorcelainVulpix believed, and asked your sources, so you stated again the loss of viewers in AG, which I replied to with sources.
Now your changing the subject. Okay. Let's try to do this step-by-step of what happened.

This is where your questioning started right?

Moonlight Starlight

This can be made with the travelling format too. With the travelling format, we had a sense of progression, knowing we were going somewhere. With SM format, we just hope to something happens. Pokémon is a adventure anime, the theme is travelling the world, there is no sense in staying in a place for so long.
How about a Poke road trip. Something similar to SM but where Ash goes on a school bus trip ride school trip traveling besides on foot but on a bus or bus mini van. Making his other travels different from the other Generations. We see him travel on foot on every different generation but I like something new like seeing him going on a road trip different.

shoz999

How about a Poke road trip. Something similar to SM but where Ash goes on a school bus trip ride school trip traveling besides on foot but on a bus or bus mini van. Making his other travels different from the other Generations. We see him travel on foot on every different generation but I like something new like seeing him going on a road trip different.
You mean like Pokemon Adventures XY Chapter?

Jeal

You mean like Pokemon Adventures XY Chapter?
Ok, I will quote in order.

Honestly in a way, I guess it's sort of a good thing that AG's shallow storytelling ended up costing them a huge chunk of viewers. It made the anime crew realize they needed to spice things up for the upcoming DP adaptation.
You talk about AG's loss of viewers.

I wasn't aware that AG had lost so many viewers. Just out of curiosity, where are you guys getting the ratings for sagas overall at? How well is SM holding up rating wise? I'm assuming DP probably had the highest ratings out of the sagas..
Because your post, PorcelainVulpix asks for the ratings.
Actually I forget where people get the ratings but it's often included as a source during many discussion topics so it shouldn't be too hard to find. So go ahead and take it with a grain of salt but it's part of a commonly discussed and fairly popular subject how the late years of Gen 3 was in a decline, the anime got hit the hardest out of any Pokemon medium passing over the title of "marketing" back to the games. It wouldn't be until Gen 4, that the anime would get back on it's feet again.
You replies, and talk again about the AG ratings. After it, I brought the ratings up because PorcelainVulpix asked, and I replied to you saying you was wrong about AG losing a bunch of viewers. So, you again talked about rating declines, stating what I just had proved false.

And you completely ignored my answer about AG being the closest anime adaptation of the games plot. Changing the subject for ratings.

Moonlight Starlight

Something taking parts from BW and SM where Ash enters School tournament battles on a school road trip adventure .Something new different for the next Generation.

shoz999

Ok, I will quote in order.

You talk about AG's loss of viewers.

Because your post, PorcelainVulpix asks for the ratings.

You replies, and talk again about the AG ratings. After it, I brought the ratings up because PorcelainVulpix asked, and I replied to you saying you was wrong about AG losing a bunch of viewers. So, you again talked about rating declines, stating what I just had proved false.
Seems your right about me bringing it up first. Part of a larger comment. Well anyways, back to the original topic I'm going to take that as a yes in where the questioning started and that single amount of evidence could prove or disprove me, so it's a good opportunity for you to destroy my only argument. Which comment was your original questioning responding to, re-quote the comment for me.

Jeal

Seems your right about me bringing it up first. Part of a larger comment. Well anyways, back to the original topic I'm going to take that as a yes in where the questioning started and that single amount of evidence could prove or disprove me, so it's a good opportunity for you to destroy my only argument. Which comment was your original questioning responding to, re-quote the comment for me.

True but AG's still an interesting case as it's part of a much larger decline that encompasses the entire Pokemon series. I don't know if the internet impacted it as well to be honest but the decline for later series is understandable in this day & age, not just for Pokemon but any anime series really, because of the internet.

And here are the ratings of the anime:

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I wouldn't mind a compromise of both formats, as in Ash travels but takes his time and has a "home base" in every key area of the region he spends a palpable time in so we can soak up the environment and characters there.
I feel the same.

Also keep treating Team Rocket like how they are in Sun and Moon or get rid of them completely, but please don't have them appear in almost every episode ever again.

shoz999

And here are the ratings of the anime:

It is in those comments that you react to yourself, "Why are you bringing up ratings?"... in talking about Team Magma and Team Aqua. Am I right? Now here's another question. What does this have to do with me mentioning ratings in the first place that lead-up to PorcelainVulpix's comment? Why didn't you say "Why are you bringing up ratings" to the first comment mentioning ratings in the first place? Instead you bring this up like it's an issue when we were talking about Team Magma and Team Aqua?

It's because it's natural to bring ratings and viewership into a thread discussion talking about the anime's future and it's overall quality reflected somewhat in ratings. That's completely normal and there should be no issues discussing about that topic. In fact it's proof that I indeed brought up the subject of ratings in the first place... BUT. That's not what I'm trying to prove or what your trying to disprove in the first place. You said, "Why are you bringing up ratings?" to me because you thought I brought it up first not in the overall conversation of SM's impact on the anime or it's future but in the conversation of Team Magma and Team Aqua's story in Advance Generation. Am I right? If you say I'm wrong, then why did you say it during the Team Magma/Team Aqua conversation and not in the first place that lead up to PorcelainVulpix's comment? Because again, it's natural to bring up that topic and is something you had no problems with until the conversation of Team Magma and Team Aqua.

So I suppose the real question we should be asking, the original question is who brought up ratings into the Team Magma/Team Aqua discussion? I answer that with another question. Why did I brought up the topic? Was it in the first place? Or perhaps... it was a response? But to what exactly?

Now why is that? Why did I brought that up?
This is where you thought I first brought it up but it sounds not like a regular comment but a response. What is it responding to?

Jeal

It is in those comments that you react to yourself, "Why are you bringing up ratings?"... in talking about Team Magma and Team Aqua. Am I right? Now here's another question. What does this have to do with me mentioning ratings in the first place that lead-up to PorcelainVulpix's comment? Why didn't you say "Why are you bringing up ratings" to the first comment mentioning ratings in the first place? Instead you bring this up like it's an issue when we were talking about Team Magma and Team Aqua?
Ok, your post was very confuse. First, you should stop asking me what you said and go look yourself.

The problem is, you continued to talk about AG's drastic rating decline even though I already had proved this false. And ratings doesn't matter anyway, OS had the best ratings, and the storytelling is the worst.