• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you think the SM series improved or worsen the anime? How will it impact the 8th gen anime series

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Ok, your post was very confuse. First, you should stop asking me what you said and go look yourself.

The problem is, you continued to talk about AG's drastic rating decline even though I already had proved this false. And ratings doesn't matter anyway, OS had the best ratings, and the storytelling is the worst.
Your changing the subject again. Okay I'll break it down further. This is the comment you re-quoted. The comment, the first example, you responded to with "Why are you bringing up ratings?" You agree with me that this is the comment that you responded to which started this whole thing because you posted it yourself. The second example is your response to the first example.

True but AG's still an interesting case as it's part of a much larger decline that encompasses the entire Pokemon series. I don't know if the internet impacted it as well to be honest but the decline for later series is understandable in this day & age, not just for Pokemon but any anime series really, because of the internet.

What are you talking about? We were talking about following the games plot, why are you talking about ratings?

AG didn't lose more views than any other saga, it was BW who lost more than half the viewers.

Now do you see from these examples of why much of what you say is not only odd but even off-topic? To answer that, answer this question? Why did you say "Why are you talking about ratings?" to the comment, the first example below the first paragraph, that was a response to your Team Magma/Team Aqua comment instead of the comment, the second example below the first paragraph, that brought up ratings in the first place that lead-up to PorcelainVulpix's comment? They both deal with ratings but you instead made it out like an issue when I brought it up in the Team Magma-Team Aqua argument? Why?

DatsRight

I feel the same.

Also keep treating Team Rocket like how they are in Sun and Moon or get rid of them completely, but please don't have them appear in almost every episode ever again.

I feel like Team Rocket would work great as a mix of SM's more dynamic character role, and maybe a bit of BW/early XY's competence done opposite route, as in they start off pitiful but as they put plans and resources together they slowly put up better fights (and not just for more plot armour wins, I want some more BW level battles where the twerps have to truly fight TR off tooth and nail, make their work amount to something in the story). Maybe a big final climax near the end of the series with Giovanni involved where everything expectedly falls apart and TR are reset for next series.

Alternatively just go for the OS direction, make them bumbling, but have the twerps bounce off of it and make snark about how monotonous they are again. At least that way it's funny and self aware.

Last edited:

Jeal

Your changing the subject again. Okay I'll break it down further. This is the comment you re-quoted. The comment, the first example, you responded to with "Why are you bringing up ratings?" You agree with me that this is the comment that you responded to which started this whole thing because you posted it yourself. The second example is your response to the first example.
I'm tired, you brought the ratings subject up, that's all that matters.

Going back to my original comment: SM would have been better following the games plot.

shoz999

I'm tired, you brought the ratings subject up, that's all that matters.

Going back to my original comment: SM would have been better following the games plot.
And yet all signs point to you starting it and not only that but changing your stance to the point that you may not even recognize your original point that you were trying to make. I could give you the answer but then you probably wouldn't understand how the answer makes sense as you've changed your point a third time, different from the original which is what I'm trying to make you understand and with that, you have a better chance of destroying my argument.

Jeal

And yet all signs point to you starting it and not only that but changing your stance to the point that you may not even recognize your original point that you were trying to make. I could give you the answer but then you probably wouldn't understand how the answer makes sense as you've changed your point a third time, different from the original which is what I'm trying to make you understand and with that, you have a better chance of destroying my argument.
Dude, you started the discussion about AG ratings, I just replied to you with facts. Go read the last 2 pages and you will see. What ''argument'' you refers to?

shoz999

Dude, you started the discussion about AG ratings, I just replied to you with facts. Go read the last 2 pages and you will see. What ''argument'' you refers to?
... You have no clue what your original point was, where this argument all started from do you?

What are you talking about? We were talking about following the games plot, why are you talking about ratings?

AG didn't lose more views than any other saga, it was BW who lost more than half the viewers.

Now ask yourself, what does any of your "evidence" has to do who started what in the GAMES PLOT.

Last edited:

Jeal

... You have no clue what your original point was, where this argument all started from do you?

Now ask yourself, what does any of your "evidence" has to do who started what in the GAMES PLOT.
It was you.

Closely? There was barely anything in it. Archie, a character we barely knew, turned into a generic "turn to the darkside" villain at the last minute and Maxie didn't do anything, he didn't even sent out his own Pokemon not to mention the lack of Magma and Aqua Lieutenants and the fact were just supposed to believe that Team Magma and Team Aqua all of a sudden have Groudon and Kyogre with no explanation. I know the original games were kind of shallow but the anime's take was just too lazy. You want to see a faithful adaptation of Team Magma and Aqua with a fine line of creative liberties that enhances the adaptation, go read the Adventures Ruby & Sapphire arc. Honestly in a way, I guess it's sort of a good thing that AG's shallow storytelling ended up costing them a huge chunk of viewers. It made the anime crew realize they needed to spice things up for the upcoming DP adaptation.

shoz999

It was you.
Clap Clap! I acknowledge defeat. It's funny. We could've ended this early if you remembered your original point lol but now's not the time for further bickering. However there is one mystery that's unsolved. Why did you had a problem with me bringing up ratings to the Magma/Aqua organization when you clearly had no problems with responding to the example you just posted?

Jeal

Clap Clap! I acknowledge defeat. It's funny. We could've ended this early if you remembered your original point lol but now's not the time for further bickering. However there is one mystery that's unsolved. Why did you had a problem with me bringing up ratings to the Magma/Aqua organization when you clearly had no problems with responding to the example you just posted?
I quoted this comment in page 4.

Because I didn't pay attention in this part of the comment, I focused in the original subject. But you continued to talk about ratings, so I had to clear things up.

shoz999

I quoted this comment in page 4.

Because I didn't pay attention in this part of the comment, I focused in the original subject. But you continued to talk about ratings, so I had to clear things up.
Weird. I was trying to clear things up because you continued talking about ratings that it seemed like you changed your stance at least two times I recall. But where exactly in page 4. I don't see my Archie-Maxie example anywhere. I'm using the word search and it's not mentioned there? Perhaps you forgot?

Jeal

Weird. I was trying to clear things up because you continued talking about ratings that it seemed like you changed your stance at least two times I recall. But where exactly in page 4. I don't see my Archie-Maxie example anywhere. I'm using the word search and it's not mentioned there? Perhaps you forgot?
I quoted just the part where you commented about rating. Because you said it was me who brought the subject up.

shoz999

I quoted just the part where you commented about rating. Because you said it was me who brought the subject up.
Ah. I see. Apologies for dragging the conversation more than it had to be. Even though it's just a single comment, I can be a blind idiot sometimes.

shoz999

The one about DP and BW fillers.
Your going to have to remind me cause I think I was actually largely right about DP being much longer than BW, including filler episodes to an extant under all three definitions of filler. In fact now that I think about it, I can't even recall if the opposing argument were arguing much about filler episodes but the definition of filler even though it doesn't really matter, it's still similar results from all the definitions brought up there. But hey. Since I'm boasting how right I am, that should be all the more fun for you to potentially tear it down don't you think with examples?

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
eh, IMO sm made the anime's quality go sideways, as in improving in some stuff but having to tinker with many of the core parts of the anime to do so. I hope some things are taken out of this for gen 8, but some others should return back to normal

shoz999

On an interesting note, I'm surprised at how many of you found the traveling-status to become stale and boring.

Kintaro

Banned
It's been proven time and time ratings don't matter, but this is how every series did in Japan:

Dr3Ok5XX4AEXmh8.jpg

https://twitter.com/Precita85/status/1062232579720523776

Every series does progressively worse than the previous. AG is the most watched series after the OS either way whereas XY and SM are the two least watched series.

But again none of this matters, the initial fad of pokemon died down and then online streaming and other means to watch is why they decline. TV everywhere is on the decline.