• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

do you think there are some unnecessary evolutions o some pokemon that should evolve

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldturtwig

How you did that?
i think that froslass was really uncreative and unnecessary, and i think they should make baby forms of lapras and kangaskahn. what do you guys think. also, please do not bash me if you do not agree with me about froslass.

AzureWatcher

Glacier Hugger
i think that froslass was really uncreative and unnecessary

Froslass? Unnecessary?! You barbaric brute! What chance do you think ice-types would have against fighting moves? How could we conquer the northern hemishpere without Froslass' superiority over those fighting mongrels?

Also, Kangaskahn does need a prevolotion and this needs to be in the polls section.

goldturtwig

How you did that?
Froslass? Unnecessary?! You barbaric brute! What chance do you think ice-types would have against fighting moves? How could we conquer the northern hemishpere without Froslass' superiority over those fighting mongrels?

Also, Kangaskahn does need a prevolotion and this needs to be in the polls section.

ok, what did i say? DONT BASH ME!!!!!!! ITS MY PERSONAL OPINION!!!

also, what do u think needs an evolution?

BynineB

Wielding Übersaw.
ok, what did i say? DONT BASH ME!!!!!!! ITS MY PERSONAL OPINION!!!

Sarcasm mate, it's everywhere.

Also, Dusknoir.. come on. Either give Bannette an evolution (it needs one quite a bit more than Dusclops does) or give neither of them an evolution.

AzureWatcher

Glacier Hugger

Your mindset.

But, on a more serious note, Smeargle. Or Eevee. I also think that GameFreak should branch out and make a 4-teir evolution tree.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
I kinda felt that Tangela was one of those Pokemon where they should have left well enough alone.

Dattebayo

Banned
Unnecessary evolutions: All pre-evolved/evolved forms of previous gen Stand Alone Pokemon that are easy to get as they ruined what made made Stand Alone Pokemon so special, being stand alones.

Should need to evolve: Doesn't matter just as long as it's not an evolved form of a Stand Alone Pokemon.

Froggle

Lolipop Girl
Baby Pokemon are completely unnecessary in my opinion.

Eevee could have stopped evolving at Espeon and Umbreon. the first three where badass but now it's just getting overdone.

All of those Pokemon than couldn't evolve into multiple pokemon at one point that can evolve based on gender, stone, ect completely take away from the previous uniqueness of Eevee.

A LOT of Pokemon that where previously standalones (pretty much all of them :/)

I don't really have any pokemon I think SHOULD evolve XD Except for like... Purugly. Even though I really hate the Glameow/Purugly line, I really think Purugly could have an evolution.

I also want a Dugtrio evolution that isn't in the ground, so you can see it's feet and stuff :0 but it would have to be REALLY hard to evolve, because I've always thought of seeing the feet of a Dugtrio as kind of a monumental event.

Zonn13

87% Indubitable.
Pretty much all baby Pokemon are pointless, in my opinion.

I would say Electivire, but if there was no Electivire, there would be no Magmortar either, and Magmortar is one of my favorite Pokemon.

Ambipom, Tangrowth, and Froslass (please don't kill me XD) I find unnecessary. I don't know why, I just don't like them.

As for Pokemon I want to see evolve, there are two: Dunsparce and Medicham.

Dunsparce, because it is one of my favorite Pokemon, but is very underestimated by people when it comes to stats.

Medicham, because I like Meditite's design, but I absolutely just can't stand Medicham's. I kinda wish that Medicham would evolve into something that looks a little more like Meditite.

Competitive5910

Codename:ArseusEater
Your mindset.

But, on a more serious note, Smeargle. Or Eevee. I also think that GameFreak should branch out and make a 4-teir evolution tree.

4 tiers on Salamence, Garchomp, Tyranitar, and Heracross.
Win.

But preevos are pointless except to be all cute cute look at me i'm so cute.
since i am a BOY i don't find them cute, just annoying because i have to evolve the pokemon one more time than usual

AzureWatcher

Glacier Hugger
But preevos are pointless except to be all cute cute look at me i'm so cute.

Tyranitar's prevo's are -kind of- cute. Maybe. ...Depends..
And, I dislike the 3rd gen split evo. The Clamperl to the other two. Very useless.

Burning Orphanage

Liscensed Pedophile
i think that froslass was really uncreative and unnecessary, and i think they should make baby forms of lapras and kangaskahn. what do you guys think. also, please do not bash me if you do not agree with me about froslass.
How in the living hell is Froslass uncreative, but Lapras and Kangashkan pre-evolutions not?

dpdude

teehee
I also think that GameFreak should branch out and make a 4-teir evolution tree.

no they shouldn't. there's a reason they didn't, and its called digimon. they had like 5 or 6 evolutions in digimon, and they didnt want pokemon to feel like they were copying them.

miloticsavior

YOUR out of order!!
Tyranitar's prevo's are -kind of- cute. Maybe. ...Depends..
And, I dislike the 3rd gen split evo. The Clamperl to the other two. Very useless.

>.? How can u say that? Gorebyss and Huntail can b great baton passers in UU. Anyway, there is no such thing as an unnesesary evolution in my opinion, unless the pokemon actually gets worse when it evolves, like pikachu for example. It has a higher atk before it evolves. Bonsly is a pretty useless prevo, as it contributes nothing to the evolution. I think that every standalone pokemon right now could use a new evo. Farfectchd, Corsola, Zangoose and Seviper, and even Skarmory could use an evolution to become faster and have more hp. Just to anyone who actually disagrees with this, stop being ridiculous, its true.

Froggle

Lolipop Girl
>.? How can u say that? Gorebyss and Huntail can b great baton passers in UU. Anyway, there is no such thing as an unnesesary evolution in my opinion, unless the pokemon actually gets worse when it evolves, like pikachu for example. It has a higher atk before it evolves. Bonsly is a pretty useless prevo, as it contributes nothing to the evolution. I think that every standalone pokemon right now could use a new evo. Farfectchd, Corsola, Zangoose and Seviper, and even Skarmory could use an evolution to become faster and have more hp. Just to anyone who actually disagrees with this, stop being ridiculous, its true.

Wouldn't that kind of kill the 'standalone' part of standalone Pokemon? I love the fact that there are pokemon that don't evolve. Giving them evos would just be... uncool.

◘Ins0mnIac◘

Supreme Overlord
Electivire + Magmortar = NO JYNX EVOLUTION

I am OCD, and this really bothered me when I learned it.

That made me laugh aloud and I completely agree ^.^

I promise no one on this website predicted Rhyperior. Strangest most pointless choice in my opinion. Porygonxyz kinda killed that line for me as well.

Froslass combined my two favorite types so that was just complete joy for me. But everyone else got my point across. I honestly like the concept of the baby pokemon. A Jynx shouldn't hatch from an egg o.0 and Tyrogue pulled that grouping together very well also.
They do go overboard with the cute thing though.

Lapras and Kangaskhan prevos aren't original but they are useful and logical. Same with Onyx and maybe a Solrock Lunatone split.

With that said, bring some love back to the Electrike line, give him a uber 3rd evo.

m190049

Local psychopath
I love the guy, but on a technical level Dusnkoir is probably the most unnecessary evolution in D/P/Pt.
Lets look at the overall base stat difference:

HP: +5
Attack: +30
Defense: +5
Sp. Atk: +5
Sp. Def: +5
Speed: +20

Really, that's it. The Attack is helps a bit, but only barely since it was always a defensive Pokemon, and the Speed matters nothing at all since 25 --> 45 is still just as horrible. The rest is just 5 more that what it was. Really, Dusknoir is really just about as good as Dusclops was in ADV. It's barely a change.

On a more overall or flavorfull level, Rypherior. Wasn't Rhydon already big and giant enough? Seems pretty unneeded.

Last edited:

DYLANJON

FC: 4855 8997 3020
I kinda felt that Tangela was one of those Pokemon where they should have left well enough alone.
Tangrowth deserves to exist!!!

Lickylicky is by far the most unneeded evo since Blissey!!!

Some good evos and pre evos should go to these pokemon:

Tauros -> Minotauros
Shuckle -> Shugar
Now honestly, porygon-z deserves an evo!!!
Porygon-Z-> porygon inf
Marowak to Marodash
Farfetch'd to Swifetch'd
Joeyskhan -> Kangaskhan
Embooch -> Houndour
and i think that's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.