• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you think there is anything in BW and BW2 that could have been improved?

Status
Not open for further replies.

*futachimaru*

Music Maker/ Dreamer
Do you think there was anything that could have been added or subtracted from BW to make it how you would have like it?
Or did BW meet all your expectations?

My personal opinion: there could have been more humour added to the anime and they repeated a lot of things (like there were many episodes focusing on gothorita and her evolutions, they used attract way to much and team rocket could have been more involved)

However, i loved Cilan and Iris relationship and how they teased each other, i loved the personality of the pokemon and i loved Bianca throughout the whole of the anime.

Already working on it.

More familiar faces I like to see from BW.

pokemon fan 132

Ill just focus on some key things worth to signal out.

For first:
-Ash keeping same level of experience like he did in DP . Even though he is better compšred to start of BW, he doesn't gave vibe of that same competent trainer who defeated Paul being ready to take down league.
Consistent development of character growing forward would make his journey more compelling to follow.

-Cilan receiving more development. Focus isn't issue but way in which his screen time is utilized doing barely any progress with connoisseur career, let alone actually changing as character.

-Iris actually struggling, learning from mistakes and having more consistent growth as character. Instead of receiving bits of it with lot of poor planning being present behind it.
at start she barely got any focus toward her dragon master career not growing much as character, just to change that near end of Unova series cramming lot of things in short period of time. Such as terribly rushed dragonite capture, resolving issues with pokemon in one episode and not experiencing notable growth as character like May or Misty did imo

-more references to past and traveling companions. It would be more appreciated and enjoyable if writers brought long time favorites who we haven't seen for a long time to get more development and some update. Like Misty, Brock or May instead of wasting it on pointless fillers.
In fact it would be nice twist and refreshing for change if producers became more innovative breaking pattern with usual character cycling and returned one of past companions doing continuation of his story.
I know im going to get bad ratings for this but when people usually compare girl sidekicks, even though i like Iris i found Misty funnier, having more enjoyable interactions and i would have liked if she joined BW cast along with Iris. Not only because of further development having foundation to go forward , but also because similarities with Iris in career and character sense could have form groundwork for more engaging character dynamic than current BW cast provides as well.

-Team Plasma not ending on note like GS ball did. They could make this show more plot driven and entertaining if they did something relevant with regional villains and Plasma, N and similar likes had lot of potential to make great story out of it. Lack of antagonists aside from TR is hurting Unova series not giving it additional direction which would lead this show somewhere, adding substance to it.

-rivals being treated like actual threats which force protagonists to grow forward and improve, instead of serving as jokes/ comic relief not affecting development of characters .Burgundy lost basically every battle with whole rivalry being based on revenge which doesn't lead anywhere. Rivalry between Iris and Langley isn't any better either following same pattern every time they meet(mix of bickering and annoyance), while Trip is badly written with his growth coming of in contrived and poorly planned manner.

Last edited:

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
I liked the humor of this series, though the things that could have been improved?

-Iris focus episodes should be spread out a bit more, instead of just having long gaps and a whole bunch of episodes to make up for the gaps
-Dento singing I had a very modest checklist for Dento, here it is:
-See Yanappu on his shoulder (check)
-See Dento shirtless (and it HAPPENED like 7 episodes after he joined the main cast XDDD)
-Not just stand there (I didn't want Mamoru Miyano to feel like a waste. He's an excellent VA, but if all Dento was going to do was just stand there and only comment on battles once in a while going pretty, that wouldn't be very fair towards the VA. I'm happy they made him with all these weird hobbies)

Of course now I wanna find out about his Purrloin phobia. :/ Dento really doesn't need to "change" because I can't really see any part of his attitude that needs changing. He is kind of whimsical and cocky but at the same time that's what makes Dento Dento. I think some background history would be nice. X3

- Oh and Team Plasma not appearing. :/

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
I know I'm in the minority, but Team Rocket have been totally uninteresting this saga. It's the same old formula except it takes months at a time to happen. Having them be presented more seriously, removing the blasting off gag, giving them less goofy gadgets... those are all fine. But they lost those personalities they once had; James is dead as far as I'm concerned, and Jessie is a bore. Meowth had those few episodes but that's about it. Their pokemon are also the least interesting they've ever been- Yamask and Woobat are great species and fit their trainers well but they barely have any personality and really should have evolved by now. The Team Plasma issue is also a deep cut for this series.

The other irksome thing is Trip. He should have been Cheren, who had a more interesting design and would be a different sort of rival for Ash. They even had a perfect way to end his story when B2W2 made him a gym leader. Damn shame, that.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
The other irksome thing is Trip. He should have been Cheren, who had a more interesting design and would be a different sort of rival for Ash. They even had a perfect way to end his story when B2W2 made him a gym leader. Damn shame, that.

You know I almost agree with this. Well if Cheren had his BW2 look. I honestly think they chose Trip over Cheren because Cheren was older. :/

PokeMaster366

Things that could be added to improve things:
1.) Ash actually helping his rival get strong and giving them advice instead of the other way around on occasion.
2.) More Iris episodes that focus more on developing her smaller Pokemon, particularly Axew.
3.) More details on what B-Class and S-Class Connoisseurs are like or what they do. One of the best ways to explain them (or the B-Class at least) would be through a Burgundy-development episode where she's actually attempting to get her B-Class license, but needs to swallow her pride and forget about revenge for a minute because she needs Cilan's help in order to have a chance at promotion. S-Class could be explained through one of those "Cilan meets one of his idols" types of episodes.
4.) Ash catching Meloetta, but actually having to eventually release her because of the fact that people are always going to be chasing after legends and possibly kill their trainers over them (I'm sure Tobias knows what that situation is like).

Things that should be removed:

1.) Kotetsu for being another Ash clone.
2.) COTDs who only exist to waste our time and the main cast's time and nothing more (so far, there's over 1,000 COTDs, but only at least 30 that we can give more than two ***** about).
3.) The constant need to state the obvious multiple times (I feel insulted along with a bunch of other people that the writers think we're that dim or ignorant).
4.) Evolutions that quickly lead to a curb-stomp battle in favor of the evolver(glares at Pignite, Unfezant, and maybe Krookodile). Evolutions similar to what happened to Sewaddle during the Burgh Gym Battle are one of the better evolutions. At least Swadloon, even after evolving, had to struggle in order to win against Whirlipede.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Better handling of Palpitoad and evolutions being a bit more.. varied? Seeing Sewaddle, Roggenrola AND Tranquill evolve during Gym Battles has been a bit of a let down. I miss when Team Rocket were sometimes involved when it came to evolutions..

RVD_fan

My big one is the lack of Team Plasma but I don't really know the details behind that so I won't comment.

Rivals getting more screentime and not just showing up for tournaments. I like the tournaments, they're a good way of keeping tabs on everyone's progress. But one of the big reasons for having rivals is having a sense of urgency on achieving goals. I recently re-watched the two episodes where Ash and Paul challenged Roark, and realized that was so much more tense because you didn't want Ash to fall behind (or maybe you did). It's not just about getting the badges, it's about getting them in impressive fashion. These rivals don't push the main-cast at all. I've got nothing against them as characters but they should be better utilized.

BW/BW 2 were an improvement of the show. The humor was really great, Team Rocket was finally serious villains for once and their pokemon Yamask and Woobat were really cool but they lacked personality. I'm not happy about Team Plasma not appearing in the BW series, but i do hope they do decide to bring them back into the anime real soon.

Last edited:

Acdog

Ash being as competent of a trainer as he was in DP.

cg19293

I fully agree about the fact that Ash seems to have had a memory wipe since DP (only explanation for his lack of compentence compared to DP) and about needing more references to the past, though I think that BW2 is going some way towards doing that anyway.

I think that there is a good amount of humor in the series, but I really hate Iris and I too wish that she would struggle a bit. (again, BW2 might solve this).

I don't mind TR being serious villains but I do miss the comic relief villains - the closest thing BW has is Burgundy, who should get more episodes as she's a great character.

I also wish that Team plasma weren't ditched

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
BW is almost over so there isn't really much they could add to make it better than the stuff that has made it aweful. I just hope the league is awesome. If ti does than everything in BW needed improvements.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
My biggest issue is that they did not follow the games. The games had an amazing story and really Ash could of passed as a teen if the writers did not mention he was 10 in BW ep 1. Until then nobody knew he was still 10. Heck even the writers up until then never said it so it was good thinking Ash was in his teens. But yeah the fact they are skipping much of the games bugs me

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Pretty much everything in BW and BW2 except for the character interactions. Team Plasma being introduced, the handling of Ash's Pokemon and his reserves, and character development are only a few of the many things that need improvement.

BlueDragonfangirl

BW is almost over so there isn't really much they could add to make it better than the stuff that has made it aweful. I just hope the league is awesome. If ti does than everything in BW needed improvements.

If they don't have some sort of filler arc after or E4 arc than this will be one of the shortest Pokemon series ever next to the Orange Islands series, guess Pokemon just didn't like this series.
Wonder if that means they'll have a reboot in animation and return it back to the old animation again??
Things that could have been done better..

-I'm one of the few who liked comical Team Rocket and miss it hoping they return to that back next series.
-Ash D/P was at the top of his game, they should have kept him like that, I love Best Wishes Ash too and he is getting better as the series goes on but.
-I agree with whoever said Iris episodes needed to be more spread out, having them close together like this is just a bit much for some.
-N and Team Plasma being in the series would have been nice but hey, could have been worse right?
-Ash and Trip's rivalry wow, they could have had things different here make it more liked, have Trip want to fight Ash and try and beat him not the other way around in episodes with him in it.

Other than that I've liked the series.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
If they don't have some sort of filler arc after or E4 arc than this will be one of the shortest Pokemon series ever next to the Orange Islands series, guess Pokemon just didn't like this series.
Wonder if that means they'll have a reboot in animation and return it back to the old animation again??
Things that could have been done better..

-I'm one of the few who liked comical Team Rocket and miss it hoping they return to that back next series.
-Ash D/P was at the top of his game, they should have kept him like that, I love Best Wishes Ash too and he is getting better as the series goes on but.
-I agree with whoever said Iris episodes needed to be more spread out, having them close together like this is just a bit much for some.
-N and Team Plasma being in the series would have been nice but hey, could have been worse right?
-Ash and Trip's rivalry wow, they could have had things different here make it more liked, have Trip want to fight Ash and try and beat him not the other way around in episodes with him in it.

Other than that I've liked the series.

I hope they take the series into a new direction. Well not like the games but the way they anime is done. I would not mind something closer to other game anime I mean as much as people hate Bakugan the writing for that show is kinda better. old characters remeet to actually help out at times. The issue with BW is they skipped a lot of the games and with these games I think people were expecting them to pull a better DP DP but what we got was more along the Johto lines. That is not to say Bw did not have good moments. The first 20 episode were good and I'm interesting to know if TR's final mission would of been different if the R/P eps were not skipped

Status
Not open for further replies.