• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you think there should be voice acting in Pokémon games?

~Kari~

I think it would sound like crap, so, no. I don't think the card has enough room on it anyway. I would rather read the text because I read really fast.

Zachmac

I always prefer reading over listening.

I actually find voice acting annoying in video games.
Uh... No offense, but how fast of a reader are you? I think reading is much more faster than listening to someone read to you, it'd probably take more time if anything, not to mention it'd take up HUGE amounts of space. Maybe voice acting for story cutscenes but that's about it.
This.
ON these 2nd person view games like pokemon black 'n all,i don't think it will sound any good.
And this too.

Last edited:

Midnite♪

Distant Stargazer
Maybe for a 3D game like Colosseum or XD (even then, I'd rather no voice acting, as it's fun imagining what their voices would be like lin your mind), but definitely no for the 2D games.

Owl

G-Rank Hunter
I don't think so, I'm against voice acting in games all together to be honest. I just feel it adds more to create their voice in your head, so that way it feels a lot more like an interactive book than a movie. movie.

Not for along time, not until they can get crystal clear sound and decent voice actors. and then i don't know if i'd even want it as it would make the dialogue really slow

treespyro

Vintage much?
Nah but again I would love customization of character. Not advanced but basic.

XXD17

Draco rex
No...I do not want that...when playing a game like Pokemon, I like reading text more so and assigning the voices I want for each character having someone else decide that would take away that aspect which makes the game a little more personal...

Lickilicky.my.Skitty

Since Red & Blue!
If it was done right, yes. I think that would be an awesome feature. Also, if it had people from the anime we don't usually see in the games...

could count for some innaresting tie-ins.

RedAce♠

Ace Trainer
I say YES, I'm tired of the text thing and it's time for pokemon to make a decent leap to what most games have had before they even came out ^^; Though I want decent voice actors and not squeeky and annyoing, like beyblade metal fusion's main character, I sear I want to rip my ears out when I hear his voice in the saturday and weekday mornings...