• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you think there will be a 5th generation Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Typhlosion_157

Blaze Trainer
When the new movie in Japan comes out in July, we would know. There is supposed to be a new pokemon.

Cutty

Forever now
Well, in the beginning of every movie the narrator always rants about "There thousands of pokemon that are yet to be discovered..." something like that,
so fifth gen is most likely on the way.

zlxq3000

Master Collector
Yes, there will be a fifth generation. The people in charge of the anime said there would be, which is sort of why I think that there will be a fifth-gen pokemon or two scattered into Phantom Champion ZETTO; after all, if the anime people make the movies, and the anime people are the ones saying there's gonna be a fifth generation... Put two and two together. :p

i think there will be but id rather it not to happen, most of the 4th generation pokemon are ridiculous such as magmortar, infernape,magnezone,electrive,tangrowth etc. there basically silly remakes of the first 3 generations.

plus i think they have ran out of elements to name the games lol

Dusk Sweep 0x9

Ready to Battle
Hm zlxq3000 where did you hear that?
The new movie coming out could reveal new pokemon or new pokemon forms, my money is with forms. I think nintendo is more likely to remake the r/b/y series and maybe even the r/s/e series on the nintendo ds. If there were to be 5th gen, then i think it would come out on the next nintendo handheld system whatever that may be.

yeminied

I don't get why people seem to think that they have run out of ideas. Have you stopped to think maybe they just wanted to advance online play by making old Pokemon more usable. Electabuzz was an under-used Pokemon back in Gen III but now with Electivire advancing its evolution line, hey presto, Electabuzz can be used in the form of its new and improved evolved form Electivire.

Look at this pattern.

Gen I - Introduced 151 brand new Pokemon

Gen II - Introduced 100 brand new Pokemon, 19 of which (unless I am mistaken) were evolved or pre-evolved forms of Pokemon from a previous generations.

Gen III - Introduced 135 brand new Pokemon, 2 of which were pre-evolved forms of Pokemon from previous generations.

Gen IV - Introduced 107 brand new Pokemon, 29 of which (unless I am mistaken) were evolved or pre-evolved forms of Pokemon from a previous generation, if one does not count Regigigas.

From this I am led to believe that every odd numbered generation brings in a whole load of entirely new Pokemon not related in any kind to evolution families of previous generations while generations of even numbers introduce new families but also introduce a fair amount of Pokemon from previous generations.

From this I can deduce that if there so happens to be a Generation V then we will find ourselves with quite a few entirely new Pokemon not related to any Pokemon of previous generations, there by proving that "they" have not run out of ideas for new Pokemon.

Cyclone

^ where it all began
i think there will be but id rather it not to happen, most of the 4th generation pokemon are ridiculous such as magmortar, infernape,magnezone,electrive,tangrowth etc. there basically silly remakes of the first 3 generations.

plus i think they have ran out of elements to name the games lol

I think the reason they had so many evolutions of previous Pokemon in Generation 4 is because there were NO evolutions of old Pokemon in generation 3! Only pre-evolutions which are totally stupid IMO

YES THERE WILL BE A FIFTH GENERATION. The Pokemon franchise will continue making new Pokemon because it continues to MAKE NINTENDO MONEY. Here's a valuable lesson of life, kids: if something makes money, then it's valuable. If it doesn't, then no one cares about it. Seriously, Diamond and Pearl made a ton of money for Nintendo so you can bet your arse they will come out with two new Versions (probably late this year if you ask me) with brand new Pokemon so that Nintendo can continue to prosper.

Prisimviere

Not Returned.
Yes if- Nintendo might create a brand new generation for money (since they need it so badly). I also want to have a 5th Gen for some cool new Pokemon and RSE remakes, but, that 5th gen will be released unless Nintendo will create a new gaming console, and the like.

And No because- Arceus (which appears to be the Pokemon God) has been created, I fear that creating more Pokemon for the 5th Gen might stop. I hear some rumors from my schoolmates, cousins, and friends, that 4th Gen is the last Pokemon gen ever.

Keep on dreaming, fans. Who knows, a new generation of Pokemon might be created next year or so.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I hope there will be. the writers probably working on that, but we still don't know for sure.

I for one am surprised that it's 2010 already and we've seen no 5th gen pokemon at all. I mean the first 4th gen pokemon appeared as early as 2004, nearly 6 years ago! Consider the fact that 2nd gen pokemon were featured in the first movie and that's quite a gap.

Yes I am aware that the 1st movie aired in 1998 while the Pokemon franchise was created in 1996. But you have to admit that's quite a diffrence in the amount of time that passed between the unveilment of one genaration of pokemon and the next.

Alpha Gamer

Strength & Strategy
I think there will be a 5th Gen. I also think it might be the last, but I hope it's not.

Profesco

gone gently
We do get tired of closing the same kinds of threads every week. Please read the rules, newbie members.

Status
Not open for further replies.