• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you think there will be come kind of "mini saga" on a tournament in BW?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
So far only Johto and Sinnoh have had something like this. The Whirl Cup in Johto, and the Hearthome City Tag Battle Tournament and the Wallace Cup in Sinnoh.

I would like any of these,
Triple Battle Tournament
Rotational Battle Tournament
Unova Whirl Cup

Due to the new types of battles, I think they should be well represented. Also with Ash's capture of Oshawott, he can now have a full party of water type pokemon.

Squirtle Kingler, Totodile, Corphish, Buizel, and Oshawott.

Teshub

Banned
No. The series is packed enough, there is no room for something else to fit in. Just look at how on some episodes they didn't have TR on because there was no room for them (2nd part of Normal gym).

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
Wasn't a thread exactly like this made around the Snivy Episode? I'll say the same thing I said before... the mini-tournaments didn't occur until way later... DP049 for the Tag Battle and then the Whirl Cup didnt happen until after the 4th gym I believe.... we still have a long ways to go.... and personally, I think there will be.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Whirl cup?

Where on Earth would that fit in this series?

Janovy

Banned
So, we're in 18 episodes and the series is packed enough? lol

Yes, I think there will definitely be some kind of a tournament or an arc.

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
Yep, I could definitely see some sort of Triple/Rotational battle tournament. That'd be pretty darn epic tbh x-) It'd be a nice way to introduce triple/rotational battles to the animé without using them in normal episodes.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Whirl cup?

Where on Earth would that fit in this series?

By whirl cump he means a tournament, they can put a random tournament in a random city, not that hard.

Do I think it will happen? no idea, but I would love it to happen, he could get some kind of tournament in one of the Battle Clubs, Don George could make a little pre league tournament or something to train, trainers.

I liked the idea of a Triple normal/rotation battle tournament it would be cool.

gliscor&yanmega

There will probably be a tournament in Best Wishes at some point, just not sure if it would be only one episode or what. But I'm sure there will be one at some point.

Bell56

The One and Only
It's not too early to consider the idea of a filler arc of some kind, In Sinnoh the Tag Battle Tourny was between gyms 2 and 3, which iirc Unova is currently between gyms 2 and 3. Also since Ash has so many Pokemon already and he is sure to catch more a mini arc where he does alot of battling would be good to showcase some of his Pokemon that might not get a lot of battles other wise.

I don't think that there will be a filler arc until they get to Raimon? City, where the electric gym is. I could see some kind of tourny being held in one of the sports domes there. If it wasn't so soon after having had to rematch a gym leader I could see Ash losing to Kamitsure and then after the tourny have a rematch.

Jaggy101

I'm Jaggy and proud
Yeah, i think they will put something in, the series is going quickly already, there will be some filler, maybe a few episodes, like the wallace cup, that wasnt long and did build a bit on the story.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
There will definitely be some sort of tournament arc. They have to show off the new battle styles and i don't see why they wouldn't have room. There's nothing saying that they're on a set schedule with the gym and stuff.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I'm not sure. If this is like Kanto, then maybe not. But I believe that they should show us how musicals are done.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I can see a tournament soon, maybe a pokethlon, but I don't want to see another pokeringer. I want Pidove/Tranquil to evolve in a different way.

poizonsting

Pokemon master
Mayhaps. Some kind of tournament that covers 1-2 episodes is possible (remember Pokeringer). We could see musicals, for example.

Mervyn

How about a Pokemon Musical instead of ringer/ethlon? Pokemon Musical is ftw! in bw games. So, I would love to see its anime version :D
Maybe this is just my personal opinion, but Musicals in the games were pretty awful. I wonder whether that can be fixed in the Anime.

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
Maybe this is just my personal opinion, but Musicals in the games were pretty awful. I wonder whether that can be fixed in the Anime.

because musics in the anime would be so exiting' were pokemon contests the same in the games as they were in the anime ' lol you couldn't make a flame ice or nothing''

musicals would be perfect'' and it would get tcpi off there asses and we all would love to see cilan sing

-beautifly-

I like the idea of a Triple Battle Tournament! :)
I'd love to see Ash, Iris, and Dento batteling others and see how well they work together under the pressure.

If they do put a Tournament in, I hope that it will be atleast 3-4 episodes.

I think Musicals should be shown in the anime too!
Maybe they could show Cilan wanting to compete in one? Iris and Ash don't really seem like they'd be interested in Musicals.

Firebrand

Indomitable
I think they're trying to move the series faster than before, so I doubt it. Personally, I'd like to see a triple battle cup, and how they'll handle rotation battles in the anime, but I don't think it's likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.