• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do You Think There Will Be References?

Harkett

whatisthisidonteven
This is confusing D: Who's to say that DPP is at the same time as GSC? The red gyarados could have been sighted much before the protaganist in GSC battles/defeats it at Lake Rage.
1st and 3rd Generations are at the same time.
2nd and 4th Generation are also concurrent.

3rd Generation includes FR/LG, so R/B/Y, R/S/E, and FR/LG all occur at the same time.

HG/SS is part of the 4th generation, so G/S/C, D/P/P, and HG/SS are in the same time period (Which happens to be three years later than the 1st and 3rd Generations).

This has been confirmed by everyone with an IQ over 48, and then beaten into the ground with logic.

Jason-Kun

1st and 3rd Generations are at the same time.
2nd and 4th Generation are also concurrent.

3rd Generation includes FR/LG, so R/B/Y, R/S/E, and FR/LG all occur at the same time.

HG/SS is part of the 4th generation, so G/S/C, D/P/P, and HG/SS are in the same time period (Which happens to be three years later than the 1st and 3rd Generations).

This has been confirmed by everyone with an IQ over 48, and then beaten into the ground with logic.

...That doesn't make sense. There's nothing to confirm that theory. I'll just stick to the idea of the games taking place in order of release.

wolfy

No I'm pretty sure that's right man, 1st and 3rd same time, 2nd and 4th same time...
That's hw I've always heard, and it makes since...
Uh, yeah I think if Jasmine was BACK from Sinnoh instead of going there then that'd be a cool reason to explain her Ampharos's sickness. Ya know, like it caught a Sinnoh disease or something...

Chaos Rush

...That doesn't make sense. There's nothing to confirm that theory. I'll just stick to the idea of the games taking place in order of release.
What he said makes perfect sense. Yes, there is A LOT to confirm that theory. Here's my post from earlier:

R/S/E & FR/LG take place at the same time. The people at One Island established that timeline by saying that you could trade with Hoenn trainers, and one person says that her boyfriend lives in Hoenn. There's no stupid Time Machine to trade, meaning FR/LG take place at the same time as R/S/E.

Now G/S/C takes place 3 years after R/B/Y. FR/LG is a re-telling of R/B/Y, meaning that HG/SS will take place 3 years after FR/LG & R/S/E. Presumably, there won't be a stupid Time Machine in HG/SS to trade with D/P/Pt, so D/P/Pt should take place at the same time as HG/SS. And don't try to bring out arguments about, "OMGOMG but what about the birds in Sinnoh!!!!" or "OMGOMG JASMINE IS IN SINNOH!!!!" because that means nothing.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Uh, yeah I think if Jasmine was BACK from Sinnoh instead of going there then that'd be a cool reason to explain her Ampharos's sickness. Ya know, like it caught a Sinnoh disease or something...

Maybe it catches Swinub flu.

If there are going to be any Johto references, I don't think there'll be a lot of them. I don't recall any Hoenn references in FRLG.

Chaos Rush

Maybe it catches Swinub flu.

If there are going to be any Johto references, I don't think there'll be a lot of them. I don't recall any Hoenn references in FRLG.
There were a tiny bit of Hoenn references in FR/LG (Other than the obvious fact that you could trade between them).

1. In One Island, a Battle Girl at the Pokemon Net Center mentions that her boyfriend lives in Hoenn.

2. Obviosly, after the Ruby/Sapphire task is completed, Celio says, "Now we can link up with computers in the Hoenn region!"

3. Some Black Belt guy on Seven Island says, "Bruno has trained with some man by the name of Brawly before..."

4. On Two Island, after you complete all Team Rocket-related plot stuff, you can buy Lava Cookies at the Two Island store. The item description is the same as it is in R/S/E, except a few words are inserted in the FR/LG item description. These words are, "Lavaridge Town's specialty."

Last edited:

Celebi251

Give me the GS Ball
I have a question. In R/S in Petalburg, there's a woman who says something about your dad moving your family from Johto. Are you supposed to be the main character from G/S/C, or a different person...and if not, who was it from Johto?

Valorous

I have a question. In R/S in Petalburg, there's a woman who says something about your dad moving your family from Johto. Are you supposed to be the main character from G/S/C, or a different person...and if not, who was it from Johto?

that is unknown... probably a separate family... nobody except the characters in R/S/E have BOTH parents... it's alway's a single mother... or so...

by the way... i must say that they made a little improvement with the graphics of new bark town... but i find the pokemon lab of ELm a bit hideous... not very professional...

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
There were a tiny bit of Hoenn references in FR/LG (Other than the obvious fact that you could trade between them).

1. In One Island, a Battle Girl at the Pokemon Net Center mentions that her boyfriend lives in Hoenn.

2. Obviosly, after the Ruby/Sapphire task is completed, Celio says, "Now we can link up with computers in the Hoenn region!"

3. Some Black Belt guy on Seven Island says, "Bruno has trained with some man by the name of Brawly before..."

4. On Two Island, after you complete all Team Rocket-related plot stuff, you can buy Lava Cookies at the Two Island store. The item description is the same as it is in R/S/E, except a few words are inserted in the FR/LG item description. These words are, "Lavaridge Town's specialty."

Emphasis on "none that I recall". My memory of FR/LG is fairly foggy.

Armored Zangoose

1st Generation and 3rd Generation occur at the same time.
Three years later, 2nd and 4th generation occur at the same time.

1.I believe, to be exact, D/P/P begin during the Mahogany Town Events(Hence the "Search for the Red gyarados" broadcast during the beginning of D/P/P.)

2.By the time you reach Sunyshore, the events of GSC would be over, so it makes sense for Jasmine to have left Olivine for Sinnoh by then.

3.Also, the Legendary Birds would have been disturbed by Red in R/B/Y, so they would have flown fromm their nest and migrated to Sinnoh since then. This is also why the Legendary Birds were not in Kanto in GSC.

4.It's perfectly possible for Bill to build a "Time Machine" in Pal Park and put Pal Park in Ecruteak. Remember that tower with no entrance? Replace that with Pal Park.

Last edited:

Darkness of Zero

Touhou Fanatic
There's a reason why the games can't be in order of how they were produced.

RB/RG star THE SAME MAIN CHARACTER.

Same with GS/HGSS. Duh. Jeez, some people are fairly stupid...

MetalMario

< It's Passion Pink!
*sigh*

Am I going to need to play through Gold again to get the screenie?

Jasmine, or someone else in Olivine, says she *just got back* from a long trip, during which she discovered the Steel-type. This is IN G/S/C. (So if it suits your fancy, there is a Sinnoh reference in G/S/C! :p)

*sigh*

Am I going to need to play through Gold again to get the screenie?

Jasmine, or someone else in Olivine, says she *just got back* from a long trip, during which she discovered the Steel-type. This is IN G/S/C. (So if it suits your fancy, there is a Sinnoh reference in G/S/C! :p)

Oh yeah!
I forgot about that, but that kind of isn't a reference to D/P/Pt, as they still hadn't thought of most of the 3rd Gen Hoenn Pokemon yet...
So they hadn't thought of any 4th Gen, and they didn't even know that they were creating a Diamond or a Pearl then.

alteredegoX

Sophi so silleh~
I think perhaps it would make alittle sense (although highly improbable) for say a reference to the legendary dog running around Kanto in FR/LG

edit: perhaps an Orre/Fiore reference would be good too (Fiore maybe alittle harder though)

Hell_fire

......duck...
Moltres is in shinou because people paved over its house while they were remodeling Victory Road.
Zapdos is in Shinou because people renovated the power plant, where it was hanging around during RBY.
Articuno is in Shinou because that weirdo Blaine moved into Seafoam and the island other than his cave became completely inaccessable for some reason.

remember the anime? they showed multiple lugia, (the movie one and the one with the baby) also that guy in numero uno articuno used an articuno so obviously there are more than one of these legendary birds, they are just rare and very powerful, i think only a few legends such as dialga, palkia arceus mew and celebi are singular

dragon122

perrapu/pinpuku rule
but if pkmn HG and SS would be in the smae timeline how could we ever battle jasmine
so I think that they have a differnt time line
so if i'm right and this is before D-P-PT then we could see Proffesor Rowan in kanto

dragon122

perrapu/pinpuku rule
but if pkmn HG and SS would be in the same timeline how could we ever battle jasmine.
So I think that they have a different time line
so if i'm right and this is before D-P-PT then we could see Proffesor Rowan in kanto.

Isao

Pokémon Breeder
The whole Jasmine and Sinnoh thing would probably occur prior to the start of HGSS. Having a gym leader disappear after you beat her just seems strange. She may mention going there after you beat her gym.

The bird trio could be tied in with Sinnoh since they aren't catchable in GSC that they flew away to a faraway region (i.e. Articuno leaving the Seafoam Islands because of -inserreasonhere-, Zapdos leaving the Power Plant after humans began to use it more, and Moltres. Well there probably wouldn't be any mention of that unless we have access to the Sevii Islands which I highly doubt).

In my mind, I've always kinda went by the manga's timeline.

Rageman

That's real neato
but if pkmn HG and SS would be in the smae timeline how could we ever battle jasmine
so I think that they have a differnt time line
so if i'm right and this is before D-P-PT then we could see Proffesor Rowan in kanto

Maybe the Protagonist from D/P/Pt is a little ahead of us? That means Jasmine would be visiting Sinnoh, then take a ride back to Johto when her Ampharos got sick, and then we go to Cianwood to get the medicine.