• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do You Think There Will Be References?

Surfing_Pikachu

Maybe Diamond on top instead? But that's assuming that Nintendo doesn't take the half-assed road and not include Kanto.

Nah. Diamond? Really? Red has the team based off his Manga counter-part, Red from PokeSpecial. It wouldn't be a GS remake without Red on top of Mt. Silver with his Special team now, wouldn't it?;)

ForeverFlame

I think that Red will still be on Mt. Silver. Maybe you can double battle Red and Leaf? If they follow suit with DPP, it's likely that a NPC will assist you in Mt. Silver anyway.

Maybe the NPC could be Soul? So it's the HGSS duo VS the FRLG duo. But that's just wishful thinking...

Kalot3000

TM Collector
I don't know... Crystal, maybe??

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Maybe Diamond on top instead? But that's assuming that Nintendo doesn't take the half-assed road and not include Kanto.

Why the hell would the put Diamond there?

Nah. Diamond? Really? Red has the team based off his Manga counter-part, Red from PokeSpecial. It wouldn't be a GS remake without Red on top of Mt. Silver with his Special team now, wouldn't it?;)

No no. Red's Manga team is based off of his game team. That team is based on all of the Pokemon you are forced (not entirely forced) to get in Yellow, all three starters and Pikachu, the Snorlax blocking your path and the Eevee you get from Bill. They just chose to make it Espeon.

ArcananShadow

Poke Wanderer
Edit: Diamond? Really. Since news of this remake came out all I have heard was Sinnoh. I want JOHTO! No Sinnoh involved except trading.

Last edited:

darklord18

Maybe it be a double battle were either Soul (new girl) or Silver team up with you against Red and LG girl. Now that would be cool.

I Think we will get some DP references like that whit rock?

Poliwagged

Maybe it be a double battle were either Soul (new girl) or Silver team up with you against Red and LG girl. Now that would be cool.

I Think we will get some DP references like that whit rock?

A double battle of Red & Blue VS Gold/Soul & Silver.

That would by far be the most legendary double battle in all of pokemon history.

drake13

Ryukishi
I really can't imagine that they would leave Kanto out, afterall it was an integral part of the G/S/C experience. I'm actually hoping we get some expansion on the story in Kanto since there was little going on there. Hopefully they will open the safari zone up this time around as well.

i agree with you....in the 2nd generation...they made kanto like a ghost town...o_O...i pine for more enjoyment and story plots in kanto this time....

drake13

Ryukishi
i do wish there is a very cool cutscene like in DPPt when you meet the legends...

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
A double battle of Red & Blue VS Gold/Soul & Silver.

That would by far be the most legendary double battle in all of pokemon history.

Why would you be teaming up with your rival? Woudn't it be more likely that you team up with Soul?

I doubt such a thing happening in any event, Red's on Mt Silver, just chilling all by himself. And I assume they plan to keep it that way.

lil Liam

Comic Man
I think there might be a reference to the hiker who tells you the history of Arceus/Sinnoh.
He said in the post today on the main site "I suppose I'd be better off searching for new myths, in far away lands. It would be nice if our paths crossed again".
Now obviously your player in D/P/Pt can't cross paths with him again but maybe he'll meet your HG/SS character and say something like "I met a trainer just like you once".
He might search the ruins of Alph and uncover the Unknown mystery that a lot of people want sorting out in this game.

mostlyjoe

Ghost Trainer
I think it's an era thing. The Gameboy and Color were self defining eras. Each had 1 game. The Advanced had the Ruby/Saphire/Emerald + Fire Red/Leaf Green game so that's become an era and had loads of connecting references.

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum were loaded with Gold/Silver references. So with Heart Gold/Soul Silver coming out, they're linked to each other.

Poliwagged

Why would you be teaming up with your rival? Woudn't it be more likely that you team up with Soul?

I doubt such a thing happening in any event, Red's on Mt Silver, just chilling all by himself. And I assume they plan to keep it that way.

hypothetically

and by the end of the game, Silver gains a new respect for Gold - seeing him as more of a rival than of a "YOU ARE WEAK I MUST DESTROY YOU".

SQUIRTLETamer08

lower shiny ratio!
It will be Red again, that simple.

No, it is commonly accepted that Kanto and Hoenn take place around the same time because you do not need a Time Machine to trade between FR/LG and R/S/E. It is a device for trading between distant regions, implying they are still of the same time. G/S/C is known to happen three years after R/B/Y and in D/P/P at the very beginning the news story is on the Red Gyarados, so that would bee that D/P/P starts about halfway through G/S/C and by the time the D/P/P player gets to Sunnyshore Jasmine is there, having traveled from Johto because she likes to travel.

Nothing is said in the games except that Kanto and Johto are definitely 3 years apart, everything else has just been placed together with what we have.

hmm then with this being said the bird are a big question mark?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
hypothetically

and by the end of the game, Silver gains a new respect for Gold - seeing him as more of a rival than of a "YOU ARE WEAK I MUST DESTROY YOU".

But that fact is he is still your rival and you are nowhere near being buddy buddy with him. And that is how it must stay. No more of these happy go lucky 'rivals', they're boring.

@SQUIRTLETamer08: What exactly do you mean by the Birds being question marks?

SQUIRTLETamer08

lower shiny ratio!
But that fact is he is still your rival and you are nowhere near being buddy buddy with him. And that is how it must stay. No more of these happy go lucky 'rivals', they're boring.

@SQUIRTLETamer08: What exactly do you mean by the Birds being question marks?

I mean the birds being question marks by that it is up in the air if they are to by in the game.

Tattletale1

The Legendary birds fled to Sinnoh after the Volcano errupted, and scared them away... and they cleared out the power Plant and everything...