• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do You Think There Will Be References?

Tattletale1

I'm thinking Giovanni atop Mt. Silver...

I hope it could be a random trainer every time! If I could have my ultimate selection, I'd alternate between FRed, Leafey, Kristal (Yay!), and Wally (which would explain his sudden disapearance in R/S/E)
I wish...
Also seeing May in a blue outfit would be nicely Saphire'd up!

Oh! is Krystal the Mt. Silver Champion? is that why she's not playable?

Wolverine13

Weapon X
I bet the birds fled because you capture Lugia(their trio master)and they don't want to get captured.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
I mean the birds being question marks by that it is up in the air if they are to by in the game.

They wont be in the game, at the very least they're already in Platinum.

Oh! is Krystal the Mt. Silver Champion? is that why she's not playable?

No, you can't play her because they decided they'd redesign the female character. They still look very similar though.

nicollins

I wouldn't mind a vague reference to gen 5, but all I really need here are Giovanni/Silver tidbits.

A bit off topic, but looking back on it, the implementation of Jasmine's journey from the original G/S/C into D/P/Pt is really cool. It fits together incredibly well.

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
The Pokemon fan base sure likes to rush things. Already 5th gen 5th gen every page.

I would like to see Leaf though she is my favorite of the Girl trainers in the Poke Universe. Also Lorelie and Agatha I mean why did they leave the E4?

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
The Pokemon fan base sure likes to rush things. Already 5th gen 5th gen every page.

I would like to see Leaf though she is my favorite of the Girl trainers in the Poke Universe. Also Lorelie and Agatha I mean why did they leave the E4?

Why does anyone ever leave the Elite Four? Cooler people come along. I really doubt they'd explain why two minor characters did not return, and I doubt those minor characters will appear anywhere.

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
Why does anyone ever leave the Elite Four? Cooler people come along. I really doubt they'd explain why two minor characters did not return, and I doubt those minor characters will appear anywhere.

Cause each region has there own set of Elite Four maybe? Well between the 3 year Gap, Koga got Promoted, Bruno took Agathas place, Lance well idk decided to be Champion. The Elite Four just makes no sence now, plus we only got two new people , Will who is creppy, and Karen who is just awsome XD

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Cause each region has there own set of Elite Four maybe? Well between the 3 year Gap, Koga got Promoted, Bruno took Agathas place, Lance well idk decided to be Champion. The Elite Four just makes no sence now, plus we only got two new people , Will who is creppy, and Karen who is just awsome XD

My question was rhetorical, I know why we get to Elite Four Members xD

They replace them every generation to add flavour, the only reason so many stayed in Second Gen was because it was directly linked with First Gen.

Tessa

THEORY:
Jasmine travels to Sinnoh, and then returns after the Elite Four. She finds the sick Ampharos or whatever (never played the original) and gives you a ticket to either Sinnoh/ Battle Frontier/ update to your poke-cell-phone to trade with Sinnoh...

Whatever. I strongly dislike the female trainer with her mega-hat

Macks

Macks Attacks
I think they actually wrote themselves into a rut with the whole 'Jasmine-in-Sinnoh' thing. After all, if Gen II and Gen IV really do take place at the same time, there's no way she'd be able to be at both her Gym and Sunnyshore.

A slight delay in time would also be strange, as that would mean that Gold would not be able to go see her after a certain point in his adventure because Diamond is meeting her on the beach. I don't know, the whole thing seemed odd to me.
==
I do hope they reference Hoenn. Not so much to hint at a remake, but to sort of mention what is happening in that region during Gen II/IV. After all, Hoenn is strictly a Gen I/III time-frame and nobody knows what's going on there. It's safe to assume that the Weather Trio went into slumber and now everything is hunky-dory in Hoenn, but I'd like a reference to the player character.

"I hear this trainer from Hoenn is the one who put the three beasts to sleep. Come to think of it, he was just about your age when he did it...I wonder how he is doing now..." Or 'she', depending on what your Gender is.

I'd like to know what happened to Steven, what became of Team Aqua and Magma. We know that they 'disbanded' but perhaps they even formed an alliance and went to protect the good of Hoenn?
==
And there'll be Sinnoh references galore, I feel.

Haxon22

iJerk
I Want A Little Bit More Info On The Unknowns

Haxon22

iJerk
I Want A Little Bit More Info On The Unknowns

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
Well it is possible that after you defeat Jasmine in GSDS, she goes to Sinnoh, for the rest of your journey. I mean my guess is that one you defeat the Red Gyrados at the lake thats when D/P/Pt starts. Of course she can lock her Gym, then once you get done with the E4 , and some Kanto Gyms she calls you , and walla shes back.

They could leave Red, but I like the suggestions of Giovanni, or Crystal, or a double battle (though in all honesty, I think I'd rather take the two on alone than with a partner). Maybe even different trainers at different times. Just something unexpected would be cool.

As for Jasmine, it could go either way on whether she's coming or going when you face her (if you face her, though I'm willing to bet on it. It could be like when Wallace was champion, I suppose, where you just face her later, but I doubt it). The Gyarados thing indicates you're done with a good deal of Johto by the time DPPt starts, and that's the way I'd prefer it, but it's entirely possible that the thing had been there for awhile before you face it, and that it's in Sinnoh where Jasmine learns of Steel Pokemon. (I highly doubt Ampharos contracted anything from Sinnoh, though - why would she take it with her if it had a duty in the Lighthouse?)

Personally, though, it seems kinda weird that she'd probably have only just returned with her spiffy new Pokemon just before you show up, which it would probably have to be in order to sync up right.

Perhaps they could smooth it over by suggesting that she indeed discovered Steel types there, and when you beat her she suggests that she'll go back for awhile to train and learn more about Steel (that trip resulting in her meeting with the player in DPPt)? Perhaps that's even an in for them to give a new substitute gym leader if you get to challenge the gyms again (her being in Sinnoh), while still including her in the game.

I don't think that's what'll happen, but it's about the only way the timeline makes sense to me. I think I'll look for my copy of Crystal to look again at the relevant part.

The reference I really want is the Silver/Giovanni thing. It seems ludicrous not to do anything with it. :/

Last edited:

j_hunter

Weedles in the sugar
Anyone remember how you cure the Ampharos in Olivine? SecretPotion.

The same SecretPotion that Cynthia gives you in DPPt to give to the Psyducks to cure their headaches. Could this be referenced at all? Like could Cynthia and Jasmine know each other from the pharmacy in Cianwood or something?

I don't know where I was going with that... if it's plausible then somebody please make sense out of the SecretPotion link.

Emp

I'm pretty sure the timeline goes

Red/Blue -> Ru/Sa -> Gold/Silver -> Diamond/Pearl

It takes up untill the end of Fr/Lg for Celio to establish a connection between Kanto and Hoenn, yet in Ru/Sa you are able to trade to Kanto right away making me believe Ru/Sa is 1 year ahead of Fr/Lg. It is always referenced in G/S that the events of the Fr/Lg happened 4 years ago. The opening for D/P has the protagonist watching a report on Red Gyarados, meaning the plot for DP happened a few months/years after G/S.

I thought G/S took place before D/P because of the red gyrados reference on the tv at the beginning of D/P.

That's what I was thinking, since red gyrados, which was in the middle/near the end of G/S/C, happened near the beginning of DPPt, I was thinking GSC could take place slightly before DPPt. Also, jasmine isn't until the end of DPPt, and I think her story takes place before red gyarados.