• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do You Think There Will Be References?

Stryke

For instance, do you think it will fire an explanation to why the Legendary birds are in Sinnoh?

Do you think after you beat Jasmine, do you think she will go on a "long trip" to a far away country.

What other references do you think might be in it.

Anyways what do you think?

wolfy

I'm pretty sure the Jasmine going on a long trip is a shoe-in...
Not so sure about the birds though...
Maybe I'm forgetting something, but when were they in Sinnoh?

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
^^Platinum. I am hoping for some new references to the backround for the Unknown.

PsychedelicJellyfish

formerly R. New
Red scared the birds away when he attempted to catch them and they flew all the way to Sinnoh. Seems to make some kind of sense.

I am hoping for some new references to the backround for the Unknown.

Seconded. It would be nice to learn some more about the whole ancient culture thing.

munchlaxboy

Catching up on XY
The biggest reference of all, I think, will be revealed. That one, I believe, being the revelation of Giovanni's son, who I assume currently is Silver, the main rival in GSC.

That, and a Jasmine reference that she was/will go to Sinnoh (I'm not sure if the game is set before or after Diamond/Pearl/Platinum).

Olympichero191

Embraced by Hatred..
I do hope they have Jasmine either leave on a journey... Or talk about her experience in Sinnoh meeting another trainer just like you.

Being that G/S was 3 years after RBY, I'm hoping it's the same for HS/SS being three years after FRLG.. D/P/Pt being in between both games (Thus Jasmine would have come back from her Sinnoh journey), to make up for the lack of the Bird trio (Hoenn's story would be fourth).. And possibly making a reference to Team Galactic and how stupid they were... or something..

Cruisercard

I think Jasmine might go back to Johto rather then have her go away to Sinnoh.

Jason-Kun

Being that G/S was 3 years after RBY, I'm hoping it's the same for HS/SS being three years after FRLG.. D/P/Pt being in between both games (Thus Jasmine would have come back from her Sinnoh journey), to make up for the lack of the Bird trio (Hoenn's story would be fourth).. And possibly making a reference to Team Galactic and how stupid they were... or something..

I never did get the timeline of the games, so I always assumed they came out in order of release such as R/G/B>G/S/C>R/S/E>FR/LG>D/P/Pt>HG/SS. Then again that's just me. Though I would love those as refrences.

Olympichero191

Embraced by Hatred..
I never did get the timeline of the games, so I always assumed they came out in order of release such as R/G/B>G/S/C>R/S/E>FR/LG>D/P/Pt>HG/SS. Then again that's just me. Though I would love those as refrences.

Well I knew GSC was a sequel to RBY. But I never understood where Hoenn and Sinnoh were placed. Which is why I think it makes sense that it goes FRLG, D/P/Pt, HGSS, and then Hoenn. Or even placing Hoenn after D/P/Pt.

Sinnoh is one year, Hoenn the second, and then Johto (3 years later).

Jason-Kun

Yeah, I knew G/S/C took place after R/B/G but I wasn't sure of the others, so I always assumed the timeline followed the order of release.

You know, I think one refrence will be in the different companies. Like say linking the PokeGear with the Poketch.

Olympichero191

Embraced by Hatred..
Which is another reason as to why D/P/Pt could come before HGSS, the PokeGear company could have been created to rival the Poketch in Sinnoh.
And the Trainer's Eye in Hoenn is.. just a lame version of the PokeGear, lol.

Last edited:

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
The general theory that most people accept is...

Kanto and Hoenn take place around the same time
Johto and DPt take place around the same time

That seems to be how they're doing it.

As for references, I bet we'll get references to Hoenn and Platinum that weren't in Gs originally, just like how FR/LG had references to things that didn't exist when RBY first came out. I'm kind of wondering if any Hoenn or Sinnoh characters will appear in person. Steven making a cameo in Platinum, hinted to be the guy who owned the Villa, makes me wonder if he'll appear in HG/SS.

Cain Nightroad

Daydreaming
Seeing as its a remake, I'm doubting they'll have too many references. Of course, I wouldn't be surprised if something along the lines of the Sevii Islands were added to see some of the 3rd and 4th generation Pokemon.

All in all, though, I don't believe that they'll reference Jasmine's trip to Sinnoh.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
As for references, I bet we'll get references to Hoenn and Platinum that weren't in Gs originally, just like how FR/LG had references to things that didn't exist when RBY first came out. I'm kind of wondering if any Hoenn or Sinnoh characters will appear in person. Steven making a cameo in Platinum, hinted to be the guy who owned the Villa, makes me wonder if he'll appear in HG/SS.

I could see Giovanni making an appearence, or Cynthia studying the Ruins of Alph, although that might be early.

Tf5174

Hopefully there is a unknown backstory because i been wondering if there is one or not.

Waiting for a R/S references. XD

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Yeah, I knew G/S/C took place after R/B/G but I wasn't sure of the others, so I always assumed the timeline followed the order of release.

DPPt is thought to take place during GSC because of the opening events of D/P. I can't remember why it was thought that R/S and R/B took place during the same time, though...

I'm hoping that there will be many many Hoenn remake hints references in this game, cause Hoenn's my fav region. Logically, FR/LG referenced Hoenn a lot (Did they reference Johto? I can't remember,) so I don't see why Hoenn and Sinnoh wouldn't be referenced. Kanto wouldn't need referencing, assuming you can still go back there... most likely.