• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do You Think There Will Be References?

Olympichero191

Embraced by Hatred..
If that happens, Jasmine would disappear from the gym after you have beat her, It's technically impossible for her to make references about D/P, since she wouldn't be back from Sinnoh.
I highly doubt that they'll make a reference to Team Galactic, but it's possible they make one post-E4

I fixed my statement on that. =X I forgot about all the "I filmed the incident at Lake of Rage" stuff.

So in which case I can see her leaving on a journey to Sinnoh after the battle or somewhere down the line after the main story is finished.

Thus canceling out any mention of Team Galactic. But possibly a mention of Team Aqua/Magma (talking about the disruption of Groudon and Kyogre, though not actually mentioning the Pokemon's names) since the Hoenn story by that point would have finished.

Which actually leads me to think.. There was never a film crew at the Lake in the first game was there? Which leads me to believe we'll get to see a film crew there either before or after your battle with Gyarados.

Murkronos

AKA Kamikarasu
Nope. I highly doubt that would happen since Arceus has little-to-no ties with Jhoto.

Really? are you sure about that?

As you guys probably know, the Pokemon regions are based off of the real-world regions of japan. Johto's based off of west Chuubu and Kansai. Why do I mention this? Mt. Fuji, the most well-known and sacred mountain in Japan, lies in Chuubu. Now, Mt. Silver in Johto is obviously based off of Mt. Fuji since Johto is in the same region, but with the technology of the day, they knew that that there wouldn't be enough storage space for them to program a mountain so epic into the game, so instead, they just let you explore a small part of Mt. Silver.

Now, since in dppt they could fit in a much bigger landscape, the decided to make Mt. Coronet a sacred mountain as well. Mt. Coronet is in the middle of Sinnoh and separates it into halves. In the same way, Mt. Silver is essentially the mountain splitting Kanto and Johto, not to mention that it just barely manages not to be considered a part of both regions. Arseus can be caught at Mt. Coronet via an event, but i'm willing to bet that in hgss, they just might put in an event for arseus on the top of Mt. Silver--that way, they can keep making money off the new games combined with the new pokemon. (arseus wasn't officially revealed that long ago) Seeing as though there are so many similarities between Mt. Coronet and Mt. Silver, not to mention that in real Japan, Mt. Fuji is considered to be very sacred, I'm really willng to bet that, even if they don't hide arseus on Mt. Silver in hgss, they will at least extensively expand mt. Silver in terms of space.

Last edited:

Slowking[George]

#SPP-WiFi HOP
For instance, do you think it will fire an explanation to why the Legendary birds are in Sinnoh?

Do you think after you beat Jasmine, do you think she will go on a "long trip" to a far away country.

What other references do you think might be in it.

Anyways what do you think?

I disagree with the Legendary birds part. I don't see a reason why they woul mention it in the new games, since you won't be having access to Sinnoh to catch them anyway. As for Jasmine, I believe that she will be here and will not go away at a certain point in the game, and that the only reason that she was in D/P/Pt was to hint the release of HGSS.
As for other references, there might be some from TVs talking about Sinnoh in trouble (Dialga/Palkia/Giratina) or even that 3 years ago someone defeated Team Rocket in Kanto (FR/LG storyline).

I think Jasmine will make reference of her travels in Johto, and she will probably mention stuff like Super Contests and Sunnyshore City when talked to in the glitter lighthouse.

I think there will also be mention of a boat to Snowpoint City, remember May?
Well in the anime she got a boat from somewhere to Snowpoint City, I think it will be in Olivine City, and there will be a sailor that just mentions that the boat is not available at the minute, and to come back later. (But if you still keep coming back later, it doesn't appear, as I doubt that you could go to Sinnoh in this game)

Ollie901

*sigh*

R/S/E & FR/LG take place at the same time. The people at One Island established that timeline by saying that you could trade with Hoenn trainers, and one person says that her boyfriend lives in Hoenn. There's no stupid Time Machine, meaning FR/LG take place at the same time as R/S/E.

Now G/S/C takes place 3 years after R/B/Y. FR/LG is a re-telling of R/B/Y, meaning that HG/SS will take place 3 years after FR/LG & R/S/E. Presumably, there won't be a stupid Time Machine in HG/SS to trade with D/P/Pt, so D/P/Pt should take place at the same time as HG/SS. And don't try to bring out arguments about, "OMGOMG but what about the birds in Sinnoh!!!!" or "OMGOMG JASMINE IS IN SINNOH!!!!" because that means nothing.

That would make sense. The time machine then wouldnt be needed. You can just trade directly to DPP and cant trade at all with FRLG & RSE.

Although, if RSE and RBGY are at the same time, then how would it be possible to palpark from them to DPP?

This is confusing D: Who's to say that DPP is at the same time as GSC? The red gyarados could have been sighted much before the protaganist in GSC battles/defeats it at Lake Rage.

That has just majorly confused me :S

I think they will make reference to the Time Capsule/Machine at some point in the game, as that is why Bill goes to the Ecuteak Pokémon Center for, to get the Time Capsule up and running. Unless he goes to the Ecuteak Pokémon Center to fix something else...

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

Really? are you sure about that?

As you guys probably know, the Pokemon regions are based off of the real-world regions of japan. Johto's based off of west Chuubu and Kansai. Why do I mention this? Mt. Fuji, the most well-known and sacred mountain in Japan, lies in Chuubu. Now, Mt. Silver in Johto is obviously based off of Mt. Fuji since Johto is in the same region, but with the technology of the day, they knew that that there wouldn't be enough storage space for them to program a mountain so epic into the game, so instead, they just let you explore a small part of Mt. Silver.

Now, since in dppt they could fit in a much bigger landscape, the decided to make Mt. Coronet a sacred mountain as well. Mt. Coronet is in the middle of Sinnoh and separates it into halves. In the same way, Mt. Silver is essentially the mountain splitting Kanto and Johto, not to mention that it just barely manages not to be considered a part of both regions. Arseus can be caught at Mt. Coronet via an event, but i'm willing to bet that in hgss, they just might put in an event for arseus on the top of Mt. Silver--that way, they can keep making money off the new games combined with the new pokemon. (arseus wasn't officially revealed that long ago) Seeing as though there are so many similarities between Mt. Coronet and Mt. Silver, not to mention that in real Japan, Mt. Fuji is considered to be very sacred, I'm really willng to bet that, even if they don't hide arseus on Mt. Silver in hgss, they will at least extensively expand mt. Silver in terms of space.

What crossed my mind is that the only WiFi event not done in Platinum in Japan so far is for Arceus, in order to do it before the release of HGSS they would have to do it during the movie's theatrical run. Maybe Shaymin and Arceus will be available in HGSS and have a joint Plat/HGSS event for Arceus? Or they'd just announce the Arceus WiFi event for Platinum in the next CoroCoro or the one after that, and have it shortly before HGSS's release date, and give out the GS Ball around December.

I think they limit the events in HG/SS to Generation II Pokemon like Celebi, wait, but isn't that the only Generation II Pokemon with an Event? It looks like Nintendo will have to think of some events after all.

ForeverFlame

I don't think that they will release the GS Ball until summer '10. I have a little theory that they're going to make another Celebi movie that will showcase a new Pokemon (sort of like Lucario + Mew).

But before then they could give away tickets to special islands to get, let's say, Deoxys and Jirachi (every other event Pokemon would be available by then, so why not?). There could also be a ticket to get to a Kyogre/Groudon/Rayquaza island, right?

If you think about it, it makes sense. After the events of RSE, the Hoenn legends fled to Johto. That's what happened with the Legendary Birds/Golems, so it could make sense if it happened here as well.

Spirit of Darkness

I hope that Cyruss will re-appear after being defeated in Sinnoh and form a new team, after disappearing in Sinnoh!
I also hope that Jasmine will come back from Sinnoh and give us a gift pokemon from there, Riolu probably.
I also like them to explain the relation between the birds and Lugia, and even make a new one with the beasts and Ho-Oh.

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
If they do reference Jasmine's trip to Sinnoh I believe all it will be is Jasmine saying something like:

'I heard about Pokémon Contests in a far-off land. I may travel there and try them out.'

Something along those lines because as much as I'd like it I doubt we're getting Contests in HGSS.

squrtle

Dance with the Enemy
I've just though, since FR/LG didn't have wi-fi (obviously), wouldn't going back to Kanto in HGSS kinda like a tiny FR/LG remake?
anyway, on subject, i'd love some sort of Jasmine's long trip reference like, OOH I HAVE AN IDEA!!
Right, Her Magnemite is a Magneton because of something like, she went to sinnoh to train (or she'd call it a "faraway land") in a cave (iron island, how did she get steelix?) and then she doesn't have a Magnemite anymore because she left it in Sinnoh with a Pokemon trainer (Byron and HIS Magneton) and then she uses ampharos instead, Magneton because it'd look good XD

BM14murph

Master Collector
I'd say der will be plenty of references especially about sinnoh

and i'm sure the sevii islands will be in it nd around mt.ember moltres disappearing will be mentioned

and der is roughly three years between fr/lg/r/b/e and d/p/pt/hg/ss

maybe they mention hoenn aswell nd isn't funny how there is about the same gap between the release of r/g/b and fr/lg as der is between the release of r/s/e and the current time lol

SilverMorty

Would be interesting if you could meet a Reporter/Camera guy in the Lake of Rage, who are actually the ones reporting on the Red Gyarados sighting back in Sinnoh

would also be cool to hear about Brawly's training partner in the game (was said in R/S/E)

Also quite likely BIll's friends like Bebe would be referenced

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Would be interesting if you could meet a Reporter/Camera guy in the Lake of Rage, who are actually the ones reporting on the Red Gyarados sighting back in Sinnoh

would also be cool to hear about Brawly's training partner in the game (was said in R/S/E)

Also quite likely BIll's friends like Bebe would be referenced

Actually Brawly's training partner was heard about in FR/LG, and his training partner is Bruno of the Kanto/Johto E4, so yeah, Bruno could make some references.

I could see Bill making a reference to sending his favorite pokemon (Eevee) to a friend.

It would also be cool to maybe see that Hiker from Hearthome that talked about Eggs and Prof Elm, but it's highly unlikely.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
I've just though, since FR/LG didn't have wi-fi (obviously), wouldn't going back to Kanto in HGSS kinda like a tiny FR/LG remake?
anyway, on subject, i'd love some sort of Jasmine's long trip reference like, OOH I HAVE AN IDEA!!
Right, Her Magnemite is a Magneton because of something like, she went to sinnoh to train (or she'd call it a "faraway land") in a cave (iron island, how did she get steelix?) and then she doesn't have a Magnemite anymore because she left it in Sinnoh with a Pokemon trainer (Byron and HIS Magneton) and then she uses ampharos instead, Magneton because it'd look good XD

I like that idea, but Steelix is available in GSC, so I don't see any reason for her to go to Iron Island. How about this:

-You beat Jasmine, she leaves to train in Mt. Coronet (evolve Magneton)
-Leads to Gym Leader rematches/Gives her a reason to be in Sinnoh.

Kai-zero

Trains All Types
My best guess is that they'll still reference the FR/LG storyline like the original referenced R/B/Y. Other than that you might hear a few references to Hoenn and Sinnoh. Other than that I doubt any other major reference will happen.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
They might make a reference to the anime. I think that Silver's re-design will be Paul.