• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do You Think There Will Be References?

mewmew202

maybe jasmine traveling to sinnoh is how you are able to trade between the 2 games. I'm not sure exactly how, but I'm sure there is going to be some way and her traveling would be a logical way, that or something dealing with bill or professor oak.

Raikou_fan

There are so many references to Johto in d/p/pt, especially in plat. I'm sure there will be some. The one about Jasmine is almost guaranteed.

Jigglypuff5000

They'll be Hoenn, Sinnoh and Sevii Island references aplenty [yes, I don't believe those islands will be in the games].

I can see Jasmine commenting on going to a distinct and colder region after you beat her gym.

Although, I wonder if I'm the only one who thought it, but Glacia from RSE said she came from a cold faraway region [and looks the part too], so I was expecting a cameo or reference to her in Sinnoh once the climate and map of the region was revealed... Didn't happen, though.

Acherhar

Holon Cartographer
I'm pretty positive that Jasmine will reference Sinnoh. What I dare to hope is a reference to the 5th generation (Holon please, please, please?), but the chances of that are clearly one to a billion.

Regarding the Jasmine in Sinnoh thing, I think that after you beat her, she mentions wanting to get stronger, so she goes to Sinnoh. Later, when you're at Mahogany town, This is when i believe the DPPt protagonist starts out on their adventure. It would take a while for the DPPt hero to get to Sunyshore city, so Jasmine wouldn't necessarily had to leave as soon as you beat her for the HGSS timeline to match up with the DPPt timeline.

But that's just my theory.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Well, the game really doesn't have a solid progression of time.

Jasmine could say she's heading to Sinnoh soon, but you'll simply never reach the ppint in time when she does.

lucariolv1

i think
there will be refrences to r/s/e and refrences to sinnoh once jasmine gets back from sunnyshore, there will then be a reason for her to have an amphoros in her team because she may have saved it in sinnoh?
also, you may get interveiwed by the sinnoh news team (named sinnoh now) about the red garydos after your battle with it, you might even get to go to hohen/sinnoh?
im hoping you will get to see kanto which is a remake in itself because its basicly another kanto journey

there might also be a refrence to the orange islands from lance and if you got to go there that would mean collecting 20 badges (johto, kanto and orange league)
plus 16 more if you get to see hohen and sinnoh

there may also be a refrence from red/ash, in mt.silver (if they make him) about arceus/celebi

the 3 birds may return too because of there long trip in the distant land (sinnoh)

and your rival may say something about a brother (paul maybe) and his dad being giovani after he fled from him

and finally after you've gotten all the badges possible you will get a surprise call from jasmine saying she has a gift for you (gen 5 pokemon perhaps) and some possible pointers on a r/s/e remake from people

Pokémon SoulSilver

Totodile, I Choose You!

Crumpet

Delete your System32
and finally after you've gotten all the badges possible you will get a surprise call from jasmine saying she has a gift for you (gen 5 pokemon perhaps) and some possible pointers on a r/s/e remake from people

I'm going ignore that your grammer is horrible and just say, 5th gen Pokemon? O rly? Ok, ok would you like to tell us all how that would be possible and how it would be compatible with D/P/Pt?

lindsy95

FC: 4428-2451-8791
I'm pretty positive that Jasmine will reference Sinnoh. What I dare to hope is a reference to the 5th generation (Holon please, please, please?), but the chances of that are clearly one to a billion.

Actuly jasmine (well someone, not her) 'refrenced' sinnoh in the orignal G/S/C. someone says she just got back from a long trip.

EDIT: greif half of this didnt make sense, cures me and my early moring posting....

Last edited:

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
there might also be a refrence to the orange islands from lance and if you got to go there that would mean collecting 20 badges (johto, kanto and orange league)
plus 16 more if you get to see hohen and sinnoh

*Sigh* A valiant effort, but you will never see the Orange Islands in a game. They were Anime filler, they serve no purpose for the games. And also, you will not go to more than two regions.

You will never get a Pokemon from the next generation in a previous generation game. It is not possible, there will not be any hints for an R/S/E remake. If such a thing is going to happen it will happen after the Fifth Gen games.

Now, my opinion. I think there might be a few references, but really they don't hold that much bearing. Jasmine might say she's going to a distant land or something, I don't see any reason why the Legendary Birds even need to be brought up.

mefistus

zangoose= not amused
professor rowan will probably make a short (SHORT) appearance. Maybe instead of Mr. Pokemon.

Slowking[George]

#SPP-WiFi HOP
They'll be Hoenn, Sinnoh and Sevii Island references aplenty [yes, I don't believe those islands will be in the games].

I can see Jasmine commenting on going to a distinct and colder region after you beat her gym.

Although, I wonder if I'm the only one who thought it, but Glacia from RSE said she came from a cold faraway region [and looks the part too], so I was expecting a cameo or reference to her in Sinnoh once the climate and map of the region was revealed... Didn't happen, though.

I will agree with you on Hoenn and Sinnoh being referred to by many trainers, whether one of them is Jasmine or not. But as for the Sevii Islands, I believe that in case they don't include them in the games, then there won't be any references at all on them. They weren't a majot region either.

Yoru Ryu

Zhampy
Personally i'm hoping for some sort of reference about Agatha/Bertha. Surely whoever designs these characters can't just leave something so glaringly obvious as their relationship without at least a single comment. I was hoping in Platinum Bertha would mention "my older sister is an Elite Four too blah blah" or something along those lines. But i won't hold my breath since Agatha isn't even in GSC. If the Sevii Islands are included then you can bet we'll see Lorelei again who could maybe mention it =/

Maybe a reference to Brawly from Bruno too? Oak might mention Prof Rowan too since Rowan is his... mentor, did he say? Or superior or something, i don't remeber exactly.

PinkPantsMan

Imo DPPt happens a little before GSC. Jasmine just came back in a hurry (Ampharos) and her newly discovered Steel type (from Sinnoh). The news at the start of DP could be made before it is encountered by the hero. There are several people watching there without taking action in GSC. Team Rocket has a huge finished base in town so it's not like it's build in one night. Their forced evolution is most likely going on a bit longer.

Lucario_Dragon

What about Prof Oak going to Sinnoh?
My time line:
Sinnoh starts with the lake rage thing on TV, so when Sinnoh dex is complete, Gold/Silver would have beaten the Kanto region. This is when I think Oak will leave.

Like how Sinnoh made references to Jhoto, Jhoto can make references to places like Hoenn and Sinnoh. Maybe Jhot can make it for Hoenn's Space Center or Sinnoh's Global Terminal. There are many possibilities.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Personally i'm hoping for some sort of reference about Agatha/Bertha. Surely whoever designs these characters can't just leave something so glaringly obvious as their relationship without at least a single comment. I was hoping in Platinum Bertha would mention "my older sister is an Elite Four too blah blah" or something along those lines. But i won't hold my breath since Agatha isn't even in GSC. If the Sevii Islands are included then you can bet we'll see Lorelei again who could maybe mention it =/

Maybe a reference to Brawly from Bruno too? Oak might mention Prof Rowan too since Rowan is his... mentor, did he say? Or superior or something, i don't remeber exactly.

Maybe one of the character designers has a fetish for old people xD
Since neither of those character are going to be in the remake I doubt we'll here anything about either of them. Especially since the Elite Four characters are generally pretty minor.

I don't think Brawly or Bruno are related in any way, besides them using Fighting types. As for Oak, I can understand him saying something about Rowan.

Like how Sinnoh made references to Jhoto, Jhoto can make references to places like Hoenn and Sinnoh. Maybe Jhot can make it for Hoenn's Space Center or Sinnoh's Global Terminal. There are many possibilities.

First of all, it's Johto, not Jhoto o_O

Second, we'll probably have a Global Terminal in HG/SS, so they wouldn't reference that.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
I don't think Brawly or Bruno are related in any way, besides them using Fighting types. As for Oak, I can understand him saying something about Rowan.

Actually on one of the Sevii Islands, a trainer makes a reference to Brawley, saying something along the lines of, "Bruno trains with a trainer from Hoenn, I think Brawley was his name".

Spriter2

Pikreeko!
Maybe one of the character designers has a fetish for old people xD
Since neither of those character are going to be in the remake I doubt we'll here anything about either of them. Especially since the Elite Four characters are generally pretty minor.

ACTUALLY, it says in RSE that Brawly used to train with Bruno.

EDIT:
or what foxyman said, i know it was mentioned in one of the games.

Last edited:

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Actually on one of the Sevii Islands, a trainer makes a reference to Brawley, saying something along the lines of, "Bruno trains with a trainer from Hoenn, I think Brawley was his name".

ACTUALLY, it says in RSE that Brawly used to train with Bruno.

EDIT:
or what foxyman said, i know it was mentioned in one of the games.

Well then, I stand corrected. But since Bruno is an E4 member I doubt that they would use what little dialogue he has to make a reference to Brawly, but I suppose they could make it some sort of losing text. Bruno saying he has to go train in Hoenn with his friend or something like that.