• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you think they will shut down the GTS?

Aquanova

I was wondering since in a couple months, Black and White will be released worldwide, if they will shut down the Generation 4 GTS. Do you think Nintendo will stop supporting the GTS when Black and White come out, or will they leave it as is?

shadowdorothy

Most likely leave as is. They'll most likely just update it to include gen 5 pokemon, so that people can still use it in gen 4 games and they don't have to pay to shut it down.

DannyB01

Well-Known Trader
I remember them officially announcing they wouldn't quite a while ago, I think they were going to do something special with it for a merge or something, but can't remember too well.

But all you need to know is the GTS is not going to be closed, not in the near future anyway. :D

randomspot555

Could that be why the wifi system hasn't been working the way it usually does for a while?

They only shut down the GTS web site. They said that the GTS would still function as normal. I'm sure it's all the same server handling the Wi-Fi activities for the multiple DS and Wii games, so it's not like it's a huge burden to keep it running.

Draknir

Fear the Deer
Really, it would be a stupid move TO shut it down. Not every single person that gets Black and White will have DPPtHGSS. Those people may want to play the DS games and get things off the GTS.