1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Do you think they'll remove any landmarks?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation IV Discussion' started by Golde, May 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Golde

Golde Always Searching~

Now, I've been wondering about some things.

We're all fairly sure they'll nix Kanto from the remake, but there were some features, such as that building in Viridian that allowed you to fight the last trainer you Mystery Gifted with, or the dance of the Clefairy, that were noteworthy. So, do you think they'll include them somehow? If so, where? Or do you believe Kanto may be in the remake? Or do you believe that they'll be removed altogether?

Also, there were quite a few other wonderful landmarks in Johto, Mt. Mortar, Bellsprout Tower, etc. Do you believe they'll be left in, or are there some somewhat trivial landmarks you believe will be removed?

2. Mr. E Goods

Mr. E Goods Gone for good

I think they will remove the Kanto region in this time and instead have some new places just as FR/LG included the sevii isles.

3. Jolley

Jolley Well-Known Member

Although I wish they would stay, we can't be certain of anything yet.

Who knows, they might get rid of a few things, but replace them with new ones.

If they do keep Kanto, they should definitely make it normal size, not the dumbed down version they included in the originals.

4. Alloute

Alloute Banned

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking...

They didn't remove any landmarks from RBY when they made them into remakes...

5. ShadowSaiyan

ShadowSaiyan Well-Known Member

i think those landmarks will stay in, i even think they might add a few

6. Dread Advocate

Dread Advocate †Stay Metal†

i hope and think that Kanto will be removed and Johto made slightly larger, such as adding a town or two. although that is not likely, it could happen.

7. I think, as far as locations are, things will only be added/improved (like the Safari Zone and the Viridian Forest) and nothing (or very few things) will be taken away. I just don't really see what the point in taking them away would be. They have the space.

8. Carlisle

Carlisle BAM

How is it hard to understand? The OP is asking if you think any important places will be removed from the games, and which ones. Kanto being removed entirely, for example.

I think they'll probably get rid of Kanto. As for all the important places in Johto, those will stay. Mt. Silver will probably also stay, they'll just probably find another way to get to it.

9. Akarin

Akarin Sgt. Fgt.

The entire point was that you could travel to Kanto, because it lined up right next to Johto. I'd be pretty mad if they nixed it from the game. :(

10. Tyrant Tar

Tyrant Tar Well-Known Member

Why would they randomly drop a MAJOR FEATURE of the original in the remake? And just how are we "fairly certain"?

11. Trooper Guy

Trooper Guy Lost in history...

I was under the impression that because it's a remake, that Kanto would not be removed at all (as much as I want it to be). Since it's highly likely that Kanto would be staying, they better damn well make it work keeping in there.

However, I can't think of any landmarks they would remove now though.

12. Carlisle

Carlisle BAM

Because Kanto has had a remake, and by removing it we can do a lot more with Johto and keep the focus there. They could also scrap Johto and expand the Whirl Islands, or even add in the Orange Islands.

13. miiche~

miiche~ bbb

they're putting the GBC games on the DS with improved graphics and up to date game mechanics

kanto was a huge and very welcome part of gold and silver, why would they take it out? That makes no sense. Just because we had a remake of red and blue? Well then why would we have kanto in the original gold and silver

no
    it'll be there~

14. Alloute

Alloute Banned

Every landmark serves a purpose.

15. A_Merry_Snowrunt

A_Merry_Snowrunt Snorunt!

I can still see Kanto in the remake and I think we might get rid of the Trainer House where you fight yourself and add in a rematch with the gym leaders.

16. Akarin

Akarin Sgt. Fgt.

There seems to be a widely-held belief that there isn't enough room in the DS cartridge for Kanto AND Johto.

17. Alloute

Alloute Banned

You don't fight yourself in any Pokemon game...

18. Akarin

Akarin Sgt. Fgt.

I mean, Johto was just one generation away from the Gen I, but it allowed travel to Kanto, possibly because of the time that'd passed between the Gen I game and Gen II.

I doubt they will ever put the Orange Islands in there. I really don't think it'll ever happen, was that not exclusive to the animu?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.