• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you think we'll see another romantic subplot again in Adventures?

horrahforyou

Pokemon and Kamen Rider is life
As we all know that Ruby and Sapphire both confessed each other. Then Red and Yellow had Strong hints on each other but neither of them confessed.

Do you think we'll encounter this subplot again?

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
I think we'll see it again but because this is Pokemon Adventures, I'm not sure when and I'm definitely not sure how for if we ever see a romantic subplot happen again, it will surely be different from the previous one. In the anime version, I was confident that it would be a more basic run-of-the-mill romance because the story structure of the anime is to be quite frank, predictable. Pokemon Adventures on the other hand, trying to determine a romantic subplot is like trying to predict the next JoJo story arc. Personally I'm hoping to see it again in Sword & Shield with Sword being the closest thing Pokemon gets to Zenitsu and Shield being the angry scottish lass. Such a potential romance subplot wouldn't be as dark and grounded as the RS but it would be a fun one full of heart and jokes!

On another note, you mispelled subplot.

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
This is one of those things that’s hard to predict, but I do think we’ll eventually have a canon romantic subplot between mains again. There hasn’t been anything blatant since Ruby/Sapphire, but in recent years they’ve been building up to something like that again with Black/White and if you squint, maybe even X/Y. Agencyshipping in general is strongly hinted/suggested at, especially in the new BW2 rounds (Iris coming in clutch yet again, thank you Kusaka). But who knows if it’ll be made canon; anything’s possible.

Personally I'm hoping to see it again in Sword & Shield with Sword being the closest thing Pokemon gets to Zenitsu and Shield being the angry scottish lass. Such a potential romance subplot wouldn't be as dark and grounded as the RS but it would be a fun one full of heart and jokes!

This is what I want. While RS and BW (counting them in for the sake of being the closest to canon atm) are dramatic, angsty subplots, we haven’t had anything more lighthearted, and that could make the pair stand out. Characters like Zenitsu are so fun if done right, and their dynamics with strong-willed characters are usually really enjoyable. It being lighthearted doesn’t mean it can’t be meaningful or just as narratively important as RS, etc.; it’d just be a fresh take on the subplot (for Pokéspe at least).

volcanionmaster123

I think Black/White is the closest to canon right now (after Ruby/Sapphire of course), for the obvious reasons based on the recent BW2 rounds. As for the others, the jury still seems to be out on Lack-two/Whi-two simply because their relationship is more complicated than other protagonist pairs. I think there's something there with X/Y but that's just me. I'm not familiar with the SM manga so I can't comment on that.

TotallyNotCrt

As we all know that Ruby and Sapphire both confessed each other. Then Red and Yellow had Strong hints on each other but neither of them confessed.

Do you think we'll encounter this subplot again?

Yellow has feelings for Red.
Red canonically doesn't have feelings for her or Misty as indicated by the official databook.
Everyone else is just considered platonic friends except Ruby and Sapphire.

Don't think we'll get a romantic subplot again because it just isn't typically executed really well.

I think the closest we've gotten is some BW fanservice because Kusaka and Yamamoto know fans have been longing for Black and White to reunite for so long, and I think XY but I know that turns people off since it's a rehash of Ruby and Sapphire and blatantly pushes the idea with everyone assuming X and Y are dating, but X denies it. But he did get flustered at the last chapter by Y and the story kinda ends there.

e9310103838

In my opinion PokeSpedia is for reference only. It is not the absolute standard for canon.

By the way, in the case of X, he is obviously tsundere XD :D

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster
Red and Yellow are kinda throwbacks from a time where anime couples could just never have a romance regardless of personality or logic. Plus the adventures versions of Ash and Misty had some hints too, and god knows this franchise knows how to milk shipping wars by leaving things open.
But then, they are adults at this point, Red might not have the same attitude to girls now that he's a grown man. We should have seen Yellow again by now, she's a great character.

Dia had his crush on Platina too, I hope that is resolved nicely if they're seen again. Phione has potential for shipping after all.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Red and Yellow are kinda throwbacks from a time where anime couples could just never have a romance regardless of personality or logic. Plus the adventures versions of Ash and Misty had some hints too, and god knows this franchise knows how to milk shipping wars by leaving things open.
But then, they are adults at this point, Red might not have the same attitude to girls now that he's a grown man. We should have seen Yellow again by now, she's a great character.

Dia had his crush on Platina too, I hope that is resolved nicely if they're seen again. Phione has potential for shipping after all.
Since when Satoshi had cute little crossdress that look up to him ?and had fought against dragon master to death over for kantou's fate ?

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster
Since when Satoshi had cute little crossdress that look up to him ?and had fought against dragon master to death over for kantou's fate ?
I didn't say it was a throwback to the early days of the pokemon anime. It just came from a time when anime couples had even more trouble admitting they liked each other for no good reason than they do now.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
I didn't say it was a throwback to the early days of the pokemon anime. It just came from a time when anime couples had even more trouble admitting they liked each other for no good reason than they do now.
I know i was tease you

horrahforyou

Hopefully we'll see tons of hints during the DP remakes.

Konja7

It is interesting, since the protagonists became two dexholders for saga, the shiptease between these two has increased a lot (even if romance isn't confirmed). I guess Kusaka was inspired by the popularity of Ruby and Saphire.

I mean I see shiptease for many characters:

- Black and White

- X and Y

- Sun an Moon

Even Lack-2 and Whi-2 has an amount of shiptease, although that is a more complicated situation there.

Last edited:

horrahforyou

What if we encounter a dexholder has a canon relationship to another character who wasn't his/her opposite

Last edited: