• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you think?....

Do you think it will work?

• Yes

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • No

Votes: 6 85.7%

• Total voters

Mega Trickster

Blargagh blargh
No it will not work, you must buy a Japanese version of R/S (which are on that site BTW).

Rafear

Shadow Tamer
Well it doesn't but it should.

Have you actually tried? It's just a bit hard for me to believe, i've heard about someone who traded a japanese event pokemon to his english cart was that a lie or what? Can you trade between japanese & english carts but not english carts and japanese box?

DarkSpectrum

Shadow Amongst Light
even with that freeloader tool? if so then it ruins my whole purpose for getting it..............

Freeloader only works to let a foreign disc play on your own gamecube. Pokemon advance games will only communicate with their respective language gamecube game so an english GBA game will not work with japanese box. This does mainly to do with the different country TV formats (PAL/NTSC) but also deals with language things, that beyond my understand, wll not link.
You could however trade your USA GBA pokemon to a japanese GBA game and then upload to a Japanese box but I don't know anyone that desperate.

Mega Trickster

Blargagh blargh
Freeloader only works to let a foreign disc play on your own gamecube. Pokemon advance games will only communicate with their respective language gamecube game so an english GBA game will not work with japanese box. This does mainly to do with the different country TV formats (PAL/NTSC) but also deals with language things, that beyond my understand, wll not link.
You could however trade your USA GBA pokemon to a japanese GBA game and then upload to a Japanese box but I don't know anyone that desperate.

You can do cross-lingual trading in the 3rd gen with no glitches.

DarkSpectrum

Shadow Amongst Light
You can do cross-lingual trading in the 3rd gen with no glitches.

You can between the GBA games only... the gamecube games you have to trade to the same language one first.
The only problem is that in japanese games they only have 5 spaces for names so an english name gets cut off and that trading a japanese one to an english one will result in a japanese named pokemon.
It is this same technique that people used to get a legit celebi from the japanese colosseum bonus disc before the tour.

Rafear

Shadow Tamer
You can between the GBA games only... the gamecube games you have to trade to the same language one first.
The only problem is that in japanese games they only have 5 spaces for names so an english name gets cut off and that trading a japanese one to an english one will result in a japanese named pokemon.
It is this same technique that people used to get a legit celebi from the japanese colosseum bonus disc before the tour.

off-topic: Funny thing i'm trying to learn japanese lol
back on topic: guese i'l try to get the english one a bit more then, my purpose for getting box was mostly to store pokemon that i'd never use so i would have more space.

DarkSpectrum

Shadow Amongst Light
off-topic: Funny thing i'm trying to learn japanese lol
back on topic: guese i'l try to get the english one a bit more then, my purpose for getting box was mostly to store pokemon that i'd never use so i would have more space.

I try every so often to get it too... mainly cuz i want the rare move pokemon.