1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Do you think?....

Discussion in 'Past Pokémon Generations Discussion' started by Rafear, Aug 21, 2006.

?

Do you think it will work?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. No

6 vote(s)
    85.7%
  1. Rafear

Rafear Shadow Tamer

Last edited: Aug 21, 2006
  2. Mega Trickster

Mega Trickster Blargagh blargh

No it will not work, you must buy a Japanese version of R/S (which are on that site BTW).

3. Rafear

Rafear Shadow Tamer

even with that freeloader tool? if so then it ruins my whole purpose for getting it..............

Last edited: Aug 21, 2006
  4. Pikachu1125

Pikachu1125 Rap Rocker

Well it doesn't but it should.

5. Rafear

Rafear Shadow Tamer

Have you actually tried? It's just a bit hard for me to believe, i've heard about someone who traded a japanese event pokemon to his english cart was that a lie or what? Can you trade between japanese & english carts but not english carts and japanese box?

6. 4 8 15 16 23 42

4 8 15 16 23 42 Not Dead

If that's a Japaneese game will it work on your Gamecube/TV?

7. DarkSpectrum

DarkSpectrum Shadow Amongst Light

Freeloader only works to let a foreign disc play on your own gamecube. Pokemon advance games will only communicate with their respective language gamecube game so an english GBA game will not work with japanese box. This does mainly to do with the different country TV formats (PAL/NTSC) but also deals with language things, that beyond my understand, wll not link.
    You could however trade your USA GBA pokemon to a japanese GBA game and then upload to a Japanese box but I don't know anyone that desperate.

8. Mega Trickster

Mega Trickster Blargagh blargh

You can do cross-lingual trading in the 3rd gen with no glitches.

9. DarkSpectrum

You can between the GBA games only... the gamecube games you have to trade to the same language one first.
    The only problem is that in japanese games they only have 5 spaces for names so an english name gets cut off and that trading a japanese one to an english one will result in a japanese named pokemon.
    It is this same technique that people used to get a legit celebi from the japanese colosseum bonus disc before the tour.

10. Rafear

Rafear Shadow Tamer

off-topic: Funny thing i'm trying to learn japanese lol
    back on topic: guese i'l try to get the english one a bit more then, my purpose for getting box was mostly to store pokemon that i'd never use so i would have more space.

11. DarkSpectrum

I try every so often to get it too... mainly cuz i want the rare move pokemon.