• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you train a full party for the E4 or not?

FireHead Hank

Matt Fanboy
I always train a team of six Pokemon. Usually with Pokemon I really like but never have used before. It makes the game way more interesting IMO.

I only have three badges on Pearl, but I'm still training hard for the E4. I'm training an entire team. And I'll prolly keep Palkia in a box unless I really need him. I keep my team 5-1 levels below my starter. And yes, my team isn't centered around one or two types.

Fire-Fighting
Ghost-Flying
Electric
Normal
Water-Ground
Grass-Poison

I went to a Yu-Gi-Oh tournament yesterday. Alot of kids had Pokemon Emerald. Their teams? Just a level 80 Blaziken, two level 75 Rayquazas, and then 3 low level common poke.

Last edited:

-Discord-

Rawrtar
I train 2-3(most). In Pearl I used Azelf(lv56 begin - lv 61 end) almost the whole way of the E4. I also had a really low level infernape and palkia.(about 50 each)

Now that I battle on WiFi, I have a full team that could easily beat the E4.

TogeticTheRuler

In most of my games, I usally always make a team of 5-6 in the 1-3 gym badges phase, but I decided to change and only make 3-4 pokemon to use, since I had underleveling problems.

"L"

Does training 5 pokemon inbetween the levels of 45-55 and fighting the elite 4 (levels high 50 - mid 6o) considered training a full team? I still one, it just goes to show that all you need is strategy. I only had trouble with Garchomp

Before D/P, I usually only trained two or three to use as powerhouses, then brought in a few weaker ones and /MAYBE/ an uber to use as a wall while I healed/revived my main Pokemon.

In D/P, I'm training four Pokemon at the moment, but will probably have a team of six when I get to the E4. xP

deoxys_attack_mode

I always have the intent to do so, but always end up with 3. Usually they're lower level than the E4 teams. There was the one LG save file where I mainly used just a Kabutops lvl 62 and swept through the team with Raichu (lvl 49) and Nidoqueen (lvl 46) occasionally helping. The hardest time was in Ruby, my main 3 were Groudon, Crobat, and Sceptile. All weak to ice. And all around lvl 50. In Diamond, I used Lucario and Darkrai. My team was so weak, so I borrowed a friend's cheated uber. I know. Shame on me.

Mare Imbrium

Sea of Rain
It's almost always a full team. D/P is a little odd for me, because I've got a team of 5 in Diamond, and I dumped my starter for 6 Ghost/Ice Pokemon in Pearl. But I've never just trained one or two Pokemon: that would just be boring.

Kyaku

. . .
I didn't do it for Sapphire. Blaziken was enough to own everything at level 60+. I'm doing it on Pearl though.

I don't really do it on my games. Sceptile owned everything in Emerald, and Torterra and Dailga on diamond almost never lost.

Cipher Admin Xaos

Dust to Dust
I started training a full team when I got Fire Red. Nintendo must've caughten on to players who seem to think that just training their starter is an instant win...

I trained a team of 6:

Luxray
Torterra
Infernape
Staraptor
Floatzel
Alakazam

...but dropped Floatzel for Palkia.

Cooltrainer Jack

Goomba love <3
Usually I have all six trained, but this gen I beat the E4 with esentially 3 Pokemon; I planned on using 6 and had six in my party, but the other 3 were really under leveled 'cause I'd keep rotating party positions (so many damn Pokemon to choose from. Couldn't decide D: ). So I ended up winning with Dialga, Infernape and Staraptor, with the other three serving as meatshields so I could revive/heal my mains :p

Aguamenti

Ravenclaw Pride
I try to have 6, but I usually end up with either more (because I like the pokemon) or less with HM slaves always in party. (too lazy to constantly go to box)

Villi

Shimama!
I trained a team of 4 since the other 2 Pokemon on my Diamond team are only in the National Dex.

Before Emerald though, I was still a noob and trained one Pokemon. Of course, he still killed the E4 easily.

Venastois

full team, and i must say that Cynthia's lucario was a punk. if i didn't have all six, i would have lost badly. (thank you Lucario! i love your lv. 84 self.... <3 )

Cipher

Nothing to be done
I always train a full team, all of my Pokemon evenly leveled. I use the same Pokemon after I defeat the Elite Four, training new ones on the side.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
I trained a team of six, those six being Empoleon, Luxray, Staravia, Lucario, Skuntank, and Honchkrow(not the most balanced team in the world, but I love 'em all). Things are MUCH more interesting when you're not steamrolling over every trainer you encounter past the first gym or so, and you get some variety in your battles. And really, DP has so many awesome Pokemon that'd it be a shame to hold off on raising them until after I'd beaten the game.