• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you train your pokemon evenly?

Escther

Haha, I do now. I try to make my starter pokemon 5-10 levels above the rest though. I just like it that way. XD

Slushy456

Now I do. But since I used to train my starter only. I am capable of 3-4

Andrew1239

OSHAWOTT FTW!!!
i normally have my starter in front by 3 levels or something like that and the rest evenly trained

acenarutokyubi

i have my starter like 4 or 5 leves above the other ones and those are mostly at the same level or i try it to b like that

miu miu

If I just started the game I usually have my pokemon on my team all on the same level except for my HM slave, until I finish the elite four.

I never used to, but as of recently I've been training all of my Pokemon nearly equally opposed to only using the starter like I used to. Some are only a few levels higher or lower than another, but that's not that big a deal to me.

ScorpioStarmie

Concert Headbanger
I always have since I was little. I made a goal for them to reach by each gym leader and everyone had to be that level. Well my "main" team had to be that level atleast.

Handsome

James: Falcon...
I used to only train my starter Pokemon and use it alone to beat the Elite Four. But now, I train them evenly so they're around the same level. However, I found training my Pokemon evenly harder to beat the Elite Four than just using my starter Pokemon that I used throughout the whole game.

I didn't use to. My Swampert was lv 80 by the E4, then just a lv 30 Swellow, wurmple, Tentacool and something eles.

But now I do, or atleast try to. It depends whet Gym is coming up.

Metamence

I level Pokémon evenly usually the same level as the Gym Leader I'm about to face.
I'm quite obsessive about it that I think it's just unneeded training that'll waste my time. If one of my Pokémon gains a level, I'll switch it out to "balance" the team.

Rayn_Shyu

Claimed!
Yeah, they're pretty even. Usually I start with my starter, grow it for six levels (or what ever), and then go on to my other Pokes, mostly depending on what gym is coming or how much I like them. :p

Melloyu

Yes I did do that :3
Didn't like big difference between my pokemon.

Qmaz246

Disney Trainer
What i did in my first Emerald was have the starter 10 levels ahead. Now in my saphire, most of the pokemon are about 2 or 3 levels apart.

In the beginning I tend to make sure that they are all around the same level. But as time goes on and I get farther into the game, I tend to play favorites with who I raise. They are never more than seven levels apart, but it shows in battle.

Atlidevil

Game Hoarder
Starter is always 4-7 levels a head no matter where i am in-game until E4 then its 1-2 between and when i get to a battler tower/frontier i throw the starter in the pc and get myself some good pokemon to waste my next weeks to lv up to a hundred.

Rosemary

Sparkling Star
I used to, but then I always were too lazy to train the others it finished in 3 levels of difference.

leilukin

Dragon Tamer
Training my Pokemon evenly is one of my main strategies when playing the games.
Then, even if my strongest Pokemon faints, I still have other backups.