• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you typically buy merchandise for your favorite franchises?

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Isn't that the main reason why we buy the merch in the first place? Favorite anime, characters or designs is the standard model. Finding smaller items with favorite characters is rather satisfying when you stumble across it.

silv3rsolstic3

Pokemon Manga Lover
Just depends on how expensive the stuff is. I mainly buy Pokemon or Splatoon merch but recently haven't been able to get much pokemon stuff because of the pokemon center site CONSTANTLY banning me for "being a bot".

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Just depends on how expensive the stuff is. I mainly buy Pokemon or Splatoon merch but recently haven't been able to get much pokemon stuff because of the pokemon center site CONSTANTLY banning me for "being a bot".
LOL thats kind of funny you got flagged for purchasing too frequently. Youd think bulk purchases of same items would be good flag but if you just buy a lot to trigger flag, that's a bit messed up... not you, but the site algorithm.

silv3rsolstic3

Pokemon Manga Lover
LOL thats kind of funny you got flagged for purchasing too frequently. Youd think bulk purchases of same items would be good flag but if you just buy a lot to trigger flag, that's a bit messed up... not you, but the site algorithm.
i'd think so too!! it's soooo annoying since scalpers are able to get into the site but not me if i wanna buy just one little thing..

nel3

Crimson Dragon
i'd think so too!! it's soooo annoying since scalpers are able to get into the site but not me if i wanna buy just one little thing..
Maybe there is some way you can dispute your ill gotten tag and get access back

I once spent almost 100 on a small flygon figure in a shop just south of the akihabara area. Got many plushies that I can't display them all, a third are sitting on top of the seat sofa.

Last edited:

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Yes, I have purchased my fair share of merchandise for Pokemon. It is probably a saving grace there are no Pokémon Centers in Australia or I would have gone crazy with the Sitting Cuties plush range. I would have gotten some Xenoblade merch if only most of them was not so expensive (only affordable ones are the Shulk and in the future Pyra/Mythra Amiibos).

Last edited:

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Yes, I have purchased my fair share of merchandise for Pokemon. It is probably a saving grace there are no Pokémon Centers in Australia or I would have gone crazy with the Sitting Cuties plush range. I would have gotten some Xenoblade merch if 0nly most of them was not so expensive (only affordable ones are the Shulk and in the future Pyra/Mythra Amiibos).
pokemon centers arent your only worry, anime conventions are very dangerous on the wallet...

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
For me it sort of depends on what it is, if it’s within my budget, and how much I like it. I don’t really buy Pokémon plushies and I have two that I got from claw machines in Taiwan and had a Pikachu since 2006. I only bought my Jigglypuff because it was on clearance and I had a coupon to get it even cheaper. I rarely buy the TCG. With Mario, I’ve been only purchasing the widely available main LEGO sets for Mario and not worrying about the blind bags as they aren’t easily found in my area and I never saw Wave 2 and only Wave 3 at one store and I got the characters that I mostly wanted from that wave. All I need are the Bee and Frog Suit Power Up packs and then wait for the Luigi’s Mansion Wave. The only sets I’m missing are the promos.

jaden767

Amphetamine
If I have the money I sometimes buy anime figures from my favorite series including Pokemon, Demon Slayer, MHA and recently JJK. Sometimes clothes with anime characters on them but I mostly only wear those at home.

silv3rsolstic3

Pokemon Manga Lover
If I have the money I sometimes buy anime figures from my favorite series including Pokemon, Demon Slayer, MHA and recently JJK. Sometimes clothes with anime characters on them but I mostly only wear those at home.
niiiice, another demon slayer fan

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
I do buy transformers figures. Not a ton of them but mostly any of my favorite characters from over the years. Except for the michael bay movie figures. Those have become really bland/boring lately and not accurate enough.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I tend to buy collectable anime figurines, although I haven't purchase as many in the past two years due to Covid-19 affecting my finances.

Coolio35

Sometimes i buy merchadise, like t-shirts, sweetshirts from my favorite gamingseries, animesseries etc. Im not a person who buy evethering because the most are really expensive. Is there a Sales so i buy them.