• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you use Audino to train?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quilava42

Blazing Flowers
The replacement of Chansey and Blissey of Pokemon Black and White. When you spot one that's in every place you travel, do you use it for EXP or EV training?

Last edited:

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I use Audino for levelling up quick, along with the help of the Lucky Egg. I use them too for leveling up low-level Pokemon to easily catch up with the level margin of my party.

So basically, just for EXP and less training time.

i don't, because i just faint everything i see (except shinies)

rovert

Exploding Biscuits!!
I use them all the time. They are especially helpful with those places that wild pokemon don't go high enough in exp to really train your pokemon for the next challenge *glares at lenora's overpowered watchog*

Ver-mont

Well, of course. That's the whole point of it being relatively so common, helping you with level grinding.

Arlo

...and so on...
Sure. I use them for HP EV training and for leveling. I presume that's what they're there for.

Not only do they make grinding for levels less tedious - they've completely replaced the "save/feed rare candies/calculate/reset" gimmick I used to use to level babies up far enough to run their numbers through an IV calculator. Now I just take a newborn to the grass in front of Dragonspiral Tower, give it a Lucky Egg, put it in the lead, scare up an Audino, then switch in the Flame Body Litwick I use as an incubator. The Audinos have nothing that can hurt the Litwick anyway, and the experience a newborn gets for its share of that one fight is enough to push it all the way up to about level 18.

AmbipomMaster

#TeamInstinct
I don't use them as often as I should, but when the grass occasionally shakes, yeah I'll visit it (and usually im upset because it turns out to be an Emolga!)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Only when I really need some quick experience and I don't have Lucky Eggs. Otherwise I don't bother with Audino. I just find the whole thing to be time consuming.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Only if I need to grind a lot and don't have access to a reasonable Lv. of Pokemon. Or if I want to evolve something.

Cutty

Forever now
Only when I happen to find it. Shaking grass its not common. I usually grind in dark grass where there isnt Audino.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I use them for main game grinding, they also give out decent HP Ev's, but other than that,I tend to ignore them.

Lost Lore

Diving Deep
They're incredibly useful for training, so, yes. I also usually catch one early in the game, and I've used one on my team just once. She was actually a rather decent addition.

It is rather tedious running around and waiting for some grass to shake, though...

shadow_burnt

HEAD BUTT GO!
I never really saw any of them in the first ones. I think it was only post game when my team was so high level I could take down anything easily, even at a type disadvantage. (Might be over exaggerating a little) but in the newer ones they were really useful. I was battling them before the second gym and they gave about 5 to 6 times what a normal pokemon on that route would give. It just took a long time to find them.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
My first play through of Black and White I didn't use them. Now all I do is grind on Audino.

CarlosPMC

Pokemon Master
They are useful for training yes, but when you are actually looking to catch rare pokemon like Emolga or the other elemental monkeys, it gets tedious and irritating

Kalosian

So long
I use Audino for normal training all the time when playing through the games, but I don't use them for EV-training.

Status
Not open for further replies.