• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do You Use Bug Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
a list of useful bug types

parasect, (trick room)
venomoth (check stats xd they are pitty good) forretress (wall),
scizor, shuckle (another wall), haracross, ninjask(support singles), sadinja (possible checkmate), armaldo, & yanmega. arceus if you want to count it

i think that sums it up.
any questions?

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
I generally only use 1 bug per game, if that... but I decided to go with an all bug team in Platinum... which worked out just fine... defeated the elite four and got a good start on the Battle Frontier

thats pritty impressive. what did you use as a team?

leilukin

Dragon Tamer
I use Butterfree especially in early parts of Generation I games.
As I always pick Charmander as my starter, I catch a Caterpie and evolve it into Butterfree to beat Brock.

petstock

In Red and Firered I always have either beedrill or butterfree. Apart from those 2 I hardly ever have used bug types. My current Pearl game has just a scizor on it but i'm not acctually playing it at the moment so it doesn't count.

Hibachi

Grass Pokemon Expert
I have always used Butterfree in the RBY/FRLG games. I have also used Heracross somewhat in GSC. Other then that I really havent used bug pokemon that often. I also start out using them (wurmple, ledyba...) but other than butterfree and heracross i usually replace them later.

NINJA PENGUIN

I only use the good bug pokemon, scizor, heracross etc. but never ones like butterfree and dustoz etc.

pikadon92

Raiden Maximus
Only once in blue, when I desperately used a butterfree when bugs types are 'good' against psychic types.

TomDraco

I'm a /tr/ainer.
I've never used one on the main adventure of any game.

Actually, I used a Skorupi on Diamond, only to get it to Lv. 50 so it would learn Cross Poison, and then I evolved it into Drapion, so meh...

I plan on using a Heracross on my Heart Gold team though.

Now if they made a Bug-Dragon type, then maybe (Possible 3rd evo into the Yanma line perhaps? I mean it is a dragonfly.)

Last edited:

clone1

Aesthetics brahz
I usually use bug pokemon through my in-game team. They're kinda fun at times. Sometimes they're even good.

mimefan

Banned
In PMD Explorers of Darkness, I use Beedrill.

Xerudic

Pokemon addict [:
I hardly use bug-type pokemon anymore.
But, back in Pokemon S/G/C and R/B/Y. I used alot like.. Scyther, Heracross, Scizor.. etc.
They were the best... x]

Llama_Guy

Awesomely awesome
Scizor, Ninjask, Heracross, Yanmega, Vespiquen. I mean, none of the early-game bugs like Weedle, Wurmple, Kricketot etc. are any good, but there's a few great bug Pokémon. Too bad there isn't a Bug-type legendary >.<

I mostly only use Scizor, tho

Hive Mind

Is not a GIRL
I've never used one on the main adventure of any game.

*cracks knuckles*

I plan on using a Heracross on my Heart Gold team though.

Good boy.

Now if they made a Bug-Dragon type, then maybe (Possible 3rd evo into the Yanma line perhaps? I mean it is a dragonfly.)

Branch evolution from Trapinch. It's a bug without the type.

I've used Scizor, Heracross, Forretress, Parasect, Vespiquen, Armaldo, Shuckle, and Ledian. Bug and Ground are my favorite types.

-SI-

I'm baaaaaack
I use Yanma and Yanmega consistently. Also sometimes Scyther and Scizor.

Status
Not open for further replies.