• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do You use HM slaves?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Typhlosionvsworld

Y u mad bro?
i do. Remember that HM slaves are only on your team for HM use. to list all of them, this is my complete list:

Hoot-Hoot - Noctowl: SS, HM Fly
Wooper: SS, HM Surf and Whirlpool
Geodude - Graveler: Pt, HM Rock Smash, Rock Climb, Strength
Buizel - Floatzel: Pt, HM Surf, Strength, Rock Smash, Waterfall
Bidoof: Pt, HM Cut, Rock Smash, Strength
Shellos: Pt, HM Surf
Geodude: Pt, Hm Rock Smash
Poliwag - Poliwhirl - Poliwrath: SS, Hm Strength and HM Waterfall

locomo

Want a hug? :)
NOPE. I have 1 flier, and 1 surfer, only because those are not only good moves, but probally the most used HM's ill use in the game. Any other HM, then ill dig out my (Normal type rodent thing from each generation... Rattatta, Sentret, Zizagoon, Bibarel, Patrat)

Typhlosionvsworld

Y u mad bro?
The only Hm slave in Pt I use is my Floatzel. Usually if something is on my team I am training it, but I used a lot of them in the past

Fly is not a useful move, why would it be? 90 power in two turns? Aerial Ace can do 120 power in two.

Anyways:

I have my HM's on various Pokemon that I slap around, but usually just one or two at a time.

Cynic

I do! I've always got a pidgey in my party for fly xD

Just a lone pidgey that flies me... Everywhere... I'll go to the Elite Four and all of my pokemon but the pidgey will die and my soul will shrivel :'( She does so much for me...

Canto

I always used and HM Slave with Cut, Strength, Rock Smash, and Rock Climb (DPPt)/Whirlpool (HGSS).

Wujawak

I used a Rampardos in Diamond with Cut, Surf, Strength, and Rock Climb
I just like how it can somehow use surf

OMG potatoes

Pokemon Trader
Ruby- Waillord with Strength, Waterfall, Dive, and Surf
Firered - Lapras with Waterfall, Surf, Strength, and Rock smash
Soulsilver - Slowbro with Waterfall, Surf, Strength, and Rock smash

Mei

Quagsire: Surf, Waterfall

Graveler: Strength, Rock Smash, Rock Climb

And I've always got a Staraptor in my party for Fly.

Camcam

i usually have a marill or something for the water hms other than surf, my water pokemon always has that.
Bibarel for Rock Smash, Cut, Strength, and Rock Climb
and a spare starly for Defog.

crystalzapdos

J.J. Swatt
Before I go into an area, I see what HMs I need. I usually have Surf and Fly on my team, but for the rest I use:

Bibarel:
Rock Smash
Waterfall
Rock Climb
Strenth

Tropis:
Defog
Cut
----
----

Serebii!

Once I have completed the game, I usually have a water pokemon knowing Surf and a HM slave with Fly and some other moves

Darkmaster Rannon

Thundercats Hoo!
A surfer and a flyer are always on my team- The flyer tends to be made into a total HM slave and is usually a legendary if I can manage to snag one off the GTS for nothing.

locomo

Want a hug? :)
Fly is not a useful move, why would it be? 90 power in two turns? Aerial Ace can do 120 power in two.

Anyways:

I have my HM's on various Pokemon that I slap around, but usually just one or two at a time.

This is very true. I dont like fly for this reason. Surf is good, good power, good acuracy.

But strength is decent too, if you want a neutral 80 base power move

DDD1234

Shiny Collector
My HM Slaves are:
Noctowl (First poke caught): Fly
Machamp: Rock Smash, Headbutt, Rock Climb, Strength
Lapras: Rock Smash, Surf, Waterfall, Whirpool
Raticate (Saved me in the 3rd gym!) : Cut

Kalosian

So long
I do use HM slaves for most playtroughs, but not when it comes to Fly and Surf, I like to have these moves on my team members instead. Bibarel was often used in 4th generation since it could learn many HMs, and I used to use Gyarados for Waterfall and Whirlpool.

MeiChama

Spazztastic Fangirl~
Yeah. I used Bibarel for pretty much surf, strength, and rock smash.

cockatoo777

Pokemon Music Lover
Thy slave

Sandshrew rules the pile as land-use HM slave:
CUT
ROCK SMASH
STRENGTH
some atk I can't rmbr

Wailmer rocks too:
SURF
WATERFALL
DIVE
some atk I can't rmbr

Oh wait...those were my R/S/E HM slaves :p (In D/P, I only used Onix and Gyradoes)

Status
Not open for further replies.