• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do You use HM slaves?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperEpicRock

Considering Bibarel was pretty much made to be an HM slave, yes.
(I always had a Bibarel with cut, strength/rock climb, rock smash, and surf)

xDWarrior

My starter would usually become my HM slave against my will. It would turn out most Pokemon in my team couldn't learn the HMs I needed them to and the starter could...

T0XiCITY

Troll Face
Yeah, usually I'll use Geodude and Mareep, and give Fly, Surf and Waterfall to the pokemon in my team.

Squiddly Dee

∈ (⊙ ⊖ ⊙) ∋
I do use HM slaves. However, I usually teach Surf to the water type on my team (if I have one), and Fly to the flying type (if I have one). My best HM slave was a Bibarel. He was amazing. ;w;

Bigheaded

King of the Wooper
will generally only use ~2-3 pokemon on a walkthrough.
starter is "generally" one.
Next one is generally caught or traded for early.
one more which is caught at a higher level sometimes i will use.

rest will be slaves, i still have my lvl 2 bidoof with his HM's i used to go through the game. He's seen about 1 fight to weaken another pokemon oh and for suicides so i can get a free switch if i need one.

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
Yes. I refuse to teach those terrible moves to my best pokemon. Except for surf and waterfall. I sometimes have an HM slave for fly, but not always. Sometimes a member of my team will have it. I mean, it's not THAT weak, in my opinion.

redcharzard

Semi-competitive
These moves are helpful and can go on regular pokemon if needed.

Fly is good(the computer can't counter it well unless its in the battle frontier/subway/tower.)
Surf/waterfall are both good moves for different pokemon.
Rock smash is usually bad but it can be helpful if a Technicion Scizor uses it.

These move are horrible and should rarely be put on regular pokemon(they hm slave exclusive moves 90% of the time.) For these moves I do use HM slaves.

Cut is bad
Whirl pool is okay(sometimes)
Flash is really bad(it can help with legendaries.)
Defog is bad(same as flash)

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
Yes. I used to not before I got platinum b ut now I do. These are my hm slaves for platinum:

Hoothoot = defog
Machop = rock smash and aventuially strength and rock climb
Pachirisu = cut and flash

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I remember back when Platinum came out I ended up using my entire team as slaves for HM'S like Gligar had Defog and strength. Staraptor had Fly, Torterra had Rock Climb, Foetlzle had WaterFall and Surf and Rock smash same thing with biebarel kinda but yeah I did use Hm slaves badly back then however my current Platinum re-run through doesn't have any HM slaves.

I used Kecleon in my Emerald. Strength, Cut, Rock Smash, Flash.
And then tin Platinum there's Bibarrel, Tentacruel and Gligar. Together, they can use all HMs but Fly, which, I also do not have so I use a Staravia :D

spuds4ever

Yes, definetely. It's so convenient to have one like when you come across a new area and not having to fly back to the nearest town and hunt mindlessly for a pokemon that can learn that terrible HM. But the king of all HM-slaves is probably one of the pokemon I like least. Bibarel.

flygonabsol99

Nope. Never have, likely never will. Why? Surf and waterfall are decent moves, Strength and fly are okay, but the rest are pretty much horrible. Their main use is early in the game, and have little use later on. So, they are mainly on pokemon found early in the game that are currently located in boxes. Also, I don't EV train in-game, and hardly use my in-game team for anything else.

Angeltripper

♥ Ace ♥
slaves:

cut: ---
Fly: Dragonite
surf: Slowbro
strength: Pinsir
Whirlpool: ---
Rock Smash: ---
Waterfall: Feraligatr
Rock Climb:.....Magmortar

ToeyJoey

The Count
I distribute them throughout my team so I can keep type coverage across the board, rather than having one passenger.

Status
Not open for further replies.