• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do You use HM slaves?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mister_SGG

I only use slaves every so often. White was amazing when it came to how frequent HMs were used.
One of the hardest things for me is selecting a decent Pokemon that can learn Fly... I hate wasting a spot for a useless Flying-type. Again, 5th Gen came through and gave me Golurk.
All in all, I usually swap them to and from my party, but I try to include one Surfer and Fly-er.

Aquarelle

Staff member
I have HM slaves for everything except Surf, since I always have a Pokemon on my team with that move.

On Platinum, my slaves are Tropius and Bibarel. Tropius is mainly used for Fly, while Bibarel is usually for Rock Climb. I don't really use the other HMs that much.

On HGSS, I use Farfetch'd, Gyarados, and Snorlax. Farfetch'd is for Fly and Cut, Gyarados is for the water HMs, and Snorlax is mainly for Rock Climb.

Myowu

It's said "Meow-woo"
Yup, got a HM slave in lotsa my games. For black I found a Golduck to cover a good chunk of em

Venomrec

Yea i used to but i now have each pokemon know an hm. I think they should have hm's removed & replace it with tools for your adventurer, example: rock smash you'd have a pick axe to break it. In someway they can implement it as a touch screen manuver.

Dark Exxod

Porsche Novice
Yeah,I've used "HM slaves" in all my games.In SoulSilver,I had my shiny Gyrados know Surf,Waterfall,Rock Smash,and Strength.White,I used a Basculin for Cut,Waterfall,Surf,and Dive;the other HMs fit well with my actuall team,Fly I taught to my Braviary,and Strength to Golurk.

All in all,I'm a bit sick of HMs.It seems like you have to conform your team for them,and it's sickening.

Nebbio

NINJA!
I use them lots. I use Bibarael and Aggron sometimes.

THDUDEISHE

My Togekiss Is Evil!
the best fly slave in the game is volcanrola. it has flame body, which lets eggs hatch at 2x speed. I have been waiting for a flier with flame body since 3rd gen :)

Minchi Cinccino

Cute Pokémon
I once used a Bibarel, a Shellos, and a Staraptor for my HM slaves. My Infernape did Cut and Rock Smash.

Now I use Patrat for Cut and Tympole for Surf. My Pidove is my flyer.

ShadowSplash

Spring is Coming!
Unfortunately, yes. I always have some Groudon/Normal/Dragon type that can learn Strength, Rock Climb, and hopefully Waterfall/Whirlpool. Usually I'll find one of my team mates that's for Surf and Fly, so it works out pretty well.

But yeah, I'm pretty sure I'll always have someone for HM labor.

SilverSoulLugia

Yep, and it's usually a Gyarados. Noctowl in D/P, for Defog and Fly, and the other HMs just spread across my team. Don't have one for White, and it's a niiiiiice feeling. ^^

GilligBoi

Bellsprout-
cut
flash

legendarypokemonmaster

Sometimes, I have a Geodude that knows rock smash, rock climb, and strength.
Most Hm moves are terrible so you don't want to teach them to your pokemon.

chaos control king

Ultimate Life Form
I never try to make HM slaves, but sometimes it just happens. An example is, in my pokemon black (I know it's not 4th gen), my Samurott knows surf, waterfall, and dive, and I almost taught it strength

Status
Not open for further replies.