• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do You use HM slaves?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takeo

My yellow version team, my whole team was slaved to 1HM this way no one was favored but were equals
pikachu-flash
ivysaur-cut
snorlax-strength
gyarados-surf
aerodactyl-fly

My Machamp in Pearl
-Rock Smash
-Strength
-Rock Climb
-Cross Chop
My Golem in SS
-Rock Smash
-Strength
-Rock Climb
-Earthquake
Poor, poor HM slaves.......

legendarypokemonmaster

HM slaves aren't really necessary in B/W, you only need Fly.

GoldNinja

Breeder
I always have around 3 HM slaves in every game, although as the person above me stated, you don't need too many of them in B/W (I still have 3 of them xD). Yup, that means my battling team only consists of 3 pokemon, but I like that :)

Typhlosionvsworld

Y u mad bro?
Well...I wanted to train Floatzel, but my Buizel became too underleveled and got slaved.

Floatzel with suf waterfall rocksmash strength

Cris~Wigglytuff~

elite wigglejiggle!?
Bibarel, Empoleon, and Mew are the best HM slaves.

Yeahh, I have two Mews that i use as the ULTIMATE HM slaves.

Hikari Paradise

Forever Alone
Of course I do and bibarel is usually the one I go with. I also use a graveller for this as well.

Pokémon Trainer Xande

Yu-Gi-Oh Duelist
Yes. In HG usually I use Sandshrew. In my Platinum save, I used Bibarel as HM slave

Here's the moveset (HM moves included) of my Platinum team

1.) Lucario
- ROCK SMASH
- Force Palm
- Aura Sphere
- Close Combat

2.) Weavile
- CUT
- Ice Beam
- Ice Punch
- Dark Pulse

3.) Luxray
- Flash
- Discharge
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder

4.) Floatzel
- STRENGTH
- SURF
- DIVE
- WATERFALL

5.) Garchomp
- ROCK CLIMB
- Earthquake
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse

6.) Staraptor
- FLY
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Return

My only HM slave appears to be Floatzel. But, at least all those move are somewhat really, really useful in battle.

Dragrath

Dragon Onslaught
When it comes to HM slaves never forget the legendary king of them all Linoone... secondary are Golduck, barbarel geodude
(note I put Surf and waterfall on a good water type depending on if the are physical or special)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
No, I don't use HM slaves in any of my Generation 4 games. I did think about it a long time ago when I purchased Diamond version but I decided against it. I also thought about using Bibarel as an HM slave in Pearl version but I eventually just taught all of my Pokemon HM moves rather than just sticking them all on Bibarel. I just feel like I should balance out all of my Pokemon so I teach them all HM moves rather than singling out one particular Pokemon.

AmusedMilk

Oh, hey, Big Zam!
In Pt I use a Wingull and Bibarel. In Black, just Bibarel. (Less HMs in Black FTW!)

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
All I know is that several Pokemon on my team will have HMs. There will be ones for water based tasks, one for strength tasks, one for flying, that stuff. Also, my Bibarel will always mean more to me than an HM slave.

aaron-now

They gave us Biberal in Gen 4. They were practically begging for people to use HM Slaves. Funny thing is, I only used a HM Slave in one G4 game :p
I used a Biberal in Pearl, and had a mixed team with (the good and used) HM moves on Pokemon in my regular party. I did however swap sometimes for a Defogger of Whirlpooler, etc.

Randomness

He is already here.
ive actually got a box labeld ''HM Slaves.'' full of ratatas from the great marsh or something. For Surf, wel, its a pretty good move so most of my waters have it. fly is put on my random pidgeot or fearow. as for the cuts and stuff, i take out my rat thing from each gen(i think thy were designed for this...) and strenght and waterfalls just miscelaneous

Status
Not open for further replies.