• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do You use HM slaves?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmartD

I don't use HM Slaves, although I do have a Bibarel with Cut, Strength, Rock Smash, and Rock Climb and a Raticate with Headbutt, Strength, Rock Smash, and Cut. Most of the time, I spread HMs among different Pokemon.

ViperQueen

RAWR!!!
For Surf, waterfall, dive, and fly I dont but for the others I use like a fighting pokemon

Pseudo-Unlegendary

I be an Exotic One
Well yeah, it's not like there's one pokemon that has one HM, it makes things impossible. My main ones are Bibarel in my Platinum and Red Gyarados in SS.

Ditto123

~Word~
I use Bibarel and Staravia for HM slaves

3est

In SS I accidentally-sorta made Lugia the HM dude because he can surf AND fly. So then I also taught him rock smash and strength for getting through caves. I think he's doomed to stay level 53 forever.

diltzy07

Pre-Elite Four I usually have the different needed HMs on my team, but after that they're usually all gone when I replace my team.

Derp

[Something funny]
Yes I did for moves like cut and rock smash which are useless in battle.

SnowyPiplup

Aren't I ADORABLE?
I accidentally stuck my Empoleon with all HM moves, and I was like, "Oh s***!"

But when any of my Pokemon can't learn certain HM moves, I always switch out with one or two Pokemon in my PC to handle the obstacle for me.

2D Thom

Im a tombsone
For some reason i used a Garyados as an HM slave. It was when i was new to pokemon still!

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Yes. Red Gyrados in HeartGold and Quagsire in Platinum. I don't have Hm slaves in Diamond, Soul Silver or Pearl.

orangezilla

Who's dar man
Someone said they used a toxicroak which has to be the coolest HM slave you could use

Ampharos_Dude

Go go MR Rangers!
Isn't HM slavery the purpose of the early normal rodents (and dogs...) anyway?

I always use the early normal rodent as my HM slave, but I gotta say that Bibarel is the best HM slave around...

Typhlosionvsworld

Y u mad bro?
Isn't HM slavery the purpose of the early normal rodents (and dogs...) anyway?

I always use the early normal rodent as my HM slave, but I gotta say that Bibarel is the best HM slave around...

You are probably right. The rodents are useful in battle except for Bibarel. But they can weild most HMs. For instance, Zigzagoon can use Surf, Whirlpool, Strength, Rock Smash, and Cut.

Pokemon4Ever

Innocent Bystander
Admittedly yes, but I prefer not to think of them as slaves.

I feel compelled to carry an all-HM-moves Bibarel with me in the Sinnoh games. It's just really convenient that Bibarel can use so many HM moves.

Typhlosionvsworld

Y u mad bro?
I now add Azumarill to my HM slave list, because I am using it for this in Pt. Sorry Azumarill!

Status
Not open for further replies.