• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do You use HM slaves?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Mustache

yes. I fell bad for the poor bibarel but hey! HM'S are a pain to forget and I don't want to polute my pokemon team with them. Usually I only use surf on one of them in competitive.

thunder2910

Loves pizza
Ampharos was my HM slave for S/S, 3 of its attacks were for HM

MedMana

Wired, Yet Tired
Yep, though they tend to be whatever I pick up when I need one. I never have a surf slave, though, seeing as I always have a water-time on my team that can use it well in battle.

mew661

Crush the Oppression
I used to but nowadays I use all my party so almost all my pokemon in my story party have at least one hms since it hard to have a good hm slave that can fight well in battle

IdyllicCritic

Lady Luckless
I normally always keep an HM slave in my party, and I try to have an pokemon that can have 3 to 4 HM moves. I typically teach Cut, strength, and Surf/flying, and an 4th HM/TM move depending on which obstacle I'll likely face the most, such as whirlpool, waterfall, Flash, dive, etc. But as soon as I make into an city or when I can go thru somewhere that does not require these moves, I leave my slave in PC XP

When it comes to field moves, Strength, surf and fly are the moves that I tend to use the most. As of Gen 5, however, surf is the sole move I use reliably on my main team. :p

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I've got a Kangaskhan I use as the main HM-slave, Strength, Cut, Rock Smash and Surf for when there's that moment when I don't have a Surfer in my team.

A Swellow gets the honor of being a fly slave.. He flies high, he swellow...

arceus03

Yeah...? I used to have my team Pokemon learn all the HMs (good Crystal times). Then I started using them in the 4th Gen. Back then I still use a 6-Pokemon team so I kept having to switch Pokemon between journeys. Then I started crafting teams with 5 members so I can carry one Pokemon with the "necessary" HMs.

Then I just use 4 Pokemon and try to find 2 Pokemon who can learn all HMs between them. Not particularly hard for RSE/DPPt. For FRLG, I have mostly a Flier and another one with Cut and Strength plus Rock Smash.

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
I've only ever had one, and it was only because I transfered my Pokémon to Black 2 so I had to get new ones for Diamond.

DaMaaan

I think you have just wasted on Mew. Although it can learn all TM/ HM, but for me I would make use of the Legendary Pokemon to use awesome attacks.

If you use a Gameshark code, you could get all the legendary Pokemon you want. I can make a Blastoise with Flamethrower/Fly/Earthquake/Wrap and infinite HP. And you can walk through walls with the right codes.

zhixun

If you use a Gameshark code, you could get all the legendary Pokemon you want. I can make a Blastoise with Flamethrower/Fly/Earthquake/Wrap and infinite HP. And you can walk through walls with the right codes.

That is some sort of cheating which I do not encourage since it destroy the spirit of the game. It takes no difficulty to get a Pokémon this way.

Back on topic I do use HM slaves but they are simply Poppo/ Koratta which are common and easy to catch. Moreover it saves the slot for my main Pokémon to use another move.

Isacc

Banned
if the Hm is powerful like surf or fly i'll teach it to a Pokemon on my team. if it's weak I'll give it to an Hm slave

Tangeh

Before Gen VI I never used HM slaves... I'd just put all HMs (even the bad ones) on my IGT.

In X I used strength, surf, and fly on my team members (fly was only for part of the game though because I ended up replacing my talonflame with a jolteon :p It wasn't too hard to bike anywhere if I was too far away / too lazy to grab talonflame from the PC) and the rest I taught to random other pokemon and kept them in my PC. So I use different pokemon for certain HMs, but they aren't a part of my team... I'd just go back and grab them if I find an obstacle. Post game now I have a quagsire for most of my HMing with surf / waterfall / strength / rock smash. Also an anorith with cut / strength / rock smash, and my talonflame for fly. :3

Sephora

yes I'm back
Of course I do! And I always have, with Bibarel being my favourite since it could learn water moves as well. I actually even nickname them "HM slave" :p

majormanafemale

I try not to though for first half of hg/ss you will need hm slave. Accept it and catch Sentret. So far no need for one in platinum. I spread the hms out in firered and emerald. If I half to get hm slave I will but I try not to as that takes up a slot that can be used for valuable team member

Clovaria

I don't usually. I always keep surf and fly on team members and I just scoop some random thing that can learn the other HM's from the PC when I need them. When I'm done, back in the PC they go! I guess my Swampert on Emerald is a bit of one because he knows 3 HMS plus Earthquake, but it actually works pretty well on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.