1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Do you use legendaries?

Discussion in 'Poképolls' started by CakeGuy, Apr 7, 2013.

?

Do you use legendaries for finishing the game?

1. Yes

11 vote(s)
    22.4%
  2. No

38 vote(s)
    77.6%
  1. CakeGuy

CakeGuy Pastry Adventurer

just a simple question, i myself do not use Legendaries for finishing the game and even on live battles since RBY.

i dunno why, but i do not feel comfortable with them, its as if im doing a big sin or using a cheat when i use them.

usually when i encounter a Legendary i just catch it and release it as soon as possible, only catching them for my pokedex entry.

do you guys feel the same way about them?

2. Acdog

Acdog Well-Known Member

I catch them for the dex entry. I used to use them for beating the league, but I have since stopped. I'd rather use Pokemon I raised from a low level.

3. OceanicLanturn

OceanicLanturn Non non non!

In-game: No. I prefer training Pokemon I like. And legendaries are too hard to level. And I'm too lazy.

Competitive: Yes. They're just normal Pokemon in competitive field, lol. Phione and Regigigas and most of the minor trio legendaries.

4. Serebii!

Serebii! Well-Known Member

Not for finishing the game but I will use them in Battle Subway and competitively if they are allowed

5. Algetty

Algetty Member

I never use legendaries anymore. When I look back to my old teams, I always had a really crappy team then one legendary, about two levels above the level I caught it at, clearly used to sweep the Elite 4 because I had such a bad team. Since Diamond I haven't had one in my team. I sort of see them as cheating because of how powerful they are, and I love raising pokemon from a low level because I get greater satisfaction.

6. Blue Cobra

Blue Cobra Bug Trainer

I never use legendaries most because I can't check their IVs, (well, I can, but I will have to catch them over and over again, and there is only 4% chance of getting the right nature).
    I prefer to train all my Pokémon from egg, cause it feels most right for me, and I can then check their IVs without catching them and get a random nature, like the legends.

There are however a few legendary Pokémon that I would like to EV train just to have them, like Genesect and Mewtwo, which I think is awesome pokes.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2013
  7. I used the WiFi event Genesect when Black 2 was released, it was great fun to raise it during my journey across Unova.

Otherwise, if the legendary is caught before the League, I will use it. (e.g Lugia or Ho-Oh)

8. Crimson Penguin

Crimson Penguin Marchin' on

I've done it a few times. I used Ho-oh in HeartGold, the Lv. 1 event Giratina in SoulSilver, and Cobalion in my first runthrough of Japanese Black. I think it made the game a little easier, but not to the point where I was steamrolling everything (because the rest of my team was terrible in all three cases). That said, I haven't used legendaries on my main team since then, and I think I like it better that way.

9. LiepardTrainer

LiepardTrainer *mreow*

No, I have not used legendaries in any of my games. I don't think I ever will.

10. Cometstarlight

Cometstarlight Race to the finish!

I used to, but I don't much anymore b/c ppl on here poke fun at them....Wait a second...if I want to use Legendaries in my ingame teams, then I will---Connection Lost in feigned rage

11. Spawty

Spawty Claimed Golduck!

The only time I've ever used a legendary was when I was around 6-7, playing Red. I had to use Zapdos (caught it with a master ball :facepalm: ) When I got Sapphire, I never used legendaries since. I caught them, but I'd never use them.

12. Chrysaries

Chrysaries Former shiny trader

I did this aswell, really fun :p

13. Missingno.Fan

Missingno.Fan Well-Known Member

I used to but know I don't. I just prefer to use regular Pokemon because by the time you can catch the legendaries, I already have an established team.

14. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lucario Lover

I use them against N, Ghetsis, Elite Four members, and champions. I also use them in tournaments

15. SionTheSh33p

SionTheSh33p A Munchlax

I only use legendaries if I REALLY like them and get them pre-Elite Four, like Keldeo, Azelf or Manaphy

16. Excitable Boy

Excitable Boy is a metaphor

Of course. They're Pokemon, and usually not much stronger than non-legendary ones.

17. Shaylup

Shaylup debeo capere omnes

I voted 'yes' because I do use them on occasion, but prefer not to.

18. KillerDraco

KillerDraco The Enforcer Staff Member Super Mod

In-game? No. The game itself is easy enough as is, considering it gives you every conceivable advantage over the AI (switching after KO's, free use of healing items, most don't use full teams, you can outlevel your foes, they don't switch, etc.). There is no need for legendaries, as it makes what is already pitifully easy difficulty completely trivial.

Competitively? Yes. Things like Latios/Latias, Terrakion, or Heatran are undeniably good at what they do.

19. IceSpear

IceSpear Shadow...

No I never use them to finish the game, especially with generation five, because of how easy it was.

Competitively yes I use one legendary, but I'd rather not use them.

20. Ditto B1tch

Ditto B1tch Well-Known Member

Yes, generally plot legendaries are good HM slaves. My Giratina in Platinum, for example, knew Fly, Cut, Defog e Rock Climb.