1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Do you use Legendary Pokemon?

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by ~Nicole~, Jun 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ~Nicole~

~Nicole~ Banned

Do your or do you not? I tend to refrain from using Legendaries as much as possible, it feels like cheating.

2. gliscor&yanmega

gliscor&yanmega Well-Known Member

From time to time yes, I don't see it as cheating in any form so it doesn't bother me, although I'm not that interested in using many, I'll tend to use the mascot at less though, for story purpose.

3. omnipotentmiku

omnipotentmiku Active Member

Shaymin in Pearl, Raquaza in Emerald, Ho-Oh in Gold with the occassional MewTwo, none in Red. They're never there because they're strong, it's just 'cause I adore them. I tend to mainly use my starter, Pikachu, and Eevee (if available in that specifuc game).

4. Pikachu 1995

Pikachu 1995 Master Explorer

I use also legendary Pokémons, but I play it only on PMD 2 & 3 (Sky), so for other games... no Pokémon at all.
    I don't see it as cheating also... why arguing about it while it isn't cheating at all?

I use Mew the most of my all other ones that I have... some say that this one can recruit Kecleon very fast and easy.
    Map surveyor and Stair locator (or something) will make everything easier... one of the reason that I've never fainted in sky version of PMD :D

5. SoulMuse

SoulMuse Shadow of nothing

I use them sometimes, mostly when I am training something.

6. Watchog

Watchog Lv. 50

1.i hate them.
    2.everyone likes them.. no s__t -.-
    3.they suck.
    4.i hate them again.
    5.overused.
    6.boring and lame to see most kids go like WOW A LEGENDARY, SO RARE! sure... -.-
    7.there are more than 600 pokemon to choose from.
    8.they're useless non-competitive storyline pokemon.

7. the3rdH0kage

the3rdH0kage Turn my Swag on!

I dont because I prefer training my pokemon instead of using something that is strong when you catch it. Thhat bieng said when I do tournaments and Clan Wars over PO, I will occasionally have one of the Latis on my team.

8. Excitable Boy

Excitable Boy is a metaphor

In-game, I may. They're generally annoying to catch, though, so if I do, I'll usually just Master Ball 'em and be done with it. If catching them was cheating, the game wouldn't let you do it.

Competitively, usually.

9. Watchog

Watchog Lv. 50

They look more awful caught on masterball, than how they alredy are. everytime someone shows off a legendary the first thing i notice, its the masterball, and when i do, i also notice they're low effort for catching it, so i have to cancel right away.. its just cheap(lazy). not to mention, most hacked pokemon are caught with masterball.. Eww.

10. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Eldritch Abomination

The only time I used a legendary in my team was in Diamond.
    Mesprit is badass <3

And I am waiting for them to release Meloetta, because I plan to use it in B2 or W2.

I don't like using them because most of them are too strong for in-game purposes.
    Mesprit and Meloetta aren't that strong ^^

11. Oogun

Oogun Member

Exactly same reason for me also, but I do use Raikou only when I feel like being a d*ck. lol

12. TheEliteEmpoleon

TheEliteEmpoleon Well-Known Member

1. Cool story bro, tell it again.
    2. You don't, apparently.
    3. Not really, compared to other pokemon.
    4. I didn't really mean tell it again...
    5. Many people in this thread say they don't use them.
    6. They're just kids.
    7. There's a valid reason.
    8. Let's take a look at something like Terrakion. 'Non-competitive' my ***.

Wow you gave eight "points" and still managed to miss the topic of this thread.

And for me personally, I don't use them.

13. Kian D

Kian D Grandmaster of time

I use Dialga when battling with friends and a registeel wuold be a great defensive pokemon

14. Kian D

Kian D Grandmaster of time

I use Dialga when battling with friends and registeel would be a great defensive pokemon

15. AmpharosFanatic

AmpharosFanatic Well-Known Member

I do in game but never on my final team or against other actual players, not that I battle other people that often. I'm also of the opinion that legendaries should be agreed on to be used or avoided before a battle. If I suddenly came across a Lugia without warning I'd be upset that I built a team without legendaries but my opponent gets an edge for using one. A bit irrational I admit but there ya go.

16. Archangel Azazel

Archangel Azazel Fallen Angel

I do it for the fun of it. Not against others... just in game ^_^

17. Watchog

Watchog Lv. 50

1.i don't tell stories. want me to read you one?
    2.you do apparently, good for you.
    3.hahaha sure, whatever you say. lmao
    4.tell you what? oh, you wanna hear a story.. i forgot.
    5.i know that, son.
    6.including yourself.
    7.no.
    8.terrakion is only one of those few unbanned OU legendaries that nobody needs, exept those like you who suck and must use them at all cost in order to stand a chance.

And no, i gave those eight "points" cause i want it to, didn't miss the topic, buddy..

18. DrasticPhase

DrasticPhase Half ded

In Game, I don't use any, I tend to use the pokemon I like.
    For competitvely, I use Lati@s, Rachi, Musketeers, and Kami Trio.

19. Dr. Leggs

Dr. Leggs Astral Cowboy

It depends entirely on the Pokemon. I think generalizing legendaries and non-legendaries is a poor idea, given that all kinds of non-legendary Pokemon (Excadrill, Garchomp, Tyranitar, Conkeldurr, Salamence, etc.) can absolutely outperform a vast majority of legendary Pokemon. I often use Pokemon like Azelf, Jirachi, Regice, Manaphy, Latios, Heatran and the like in both in-game and competitive battling teams, because their abilities aren't necessary above and beyond that of normal Pokemon.

I think people who condemn the use of legendaries and then have a team of Garchomp/Salamence/Tyranitar/etc. have immense double-standard issues. If I think a Pokemon is too powerful for me to be challenged when I use it, I won't use it. Doesn't matter if it's legendary or not.

20. Young Xehanort

Young Xehanort I exist

I use 'em.
    Nuff' said.
    (Yes, I am a n00b)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.