• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you use Legendary Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swampasaur

The Swamp Creature!
In game sure, but I always limit it to just one.

Against other people, I find it annoying and cheap. It's always satisfying defeating a team of ubers with completely normal pokemon though. :D

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
The only time I used a legendary in my team was in Diamond.
Mesprit is badass <3

And I am waiting for them to release Meloetta, because I plan to use it in B2 or W2.

I don't like using them because most of them are too strong for in-game purposes.
Mesprit and Meloetta aren't that strong ^^

Same here just no Mesprit but Uxie

Anyway the only time i used on in-game was Rayquaza since it was strong, but Meloetta will replace him.

rckstr

In game, yes I use 1 every team.
Competitive, I dont mind using a team full of them cause all you need to do is win, does not matter which pokemon you use.Legends are the strongest mostly so I'll use them.

AwesomeReshiram93

THE MANNIS ARISES
Why do people say that legendaries are cheap? I mean they are powerful but just because somebody has one doesn't mean its a instant win (a whole team is a different story). I have been able to beat my friend's Rayquaza with normal Pokemon. And yes I do sometimes use them in-game. It doesn't feel like I'm cheating though.

AllyNidhogg

Double the fun!
I find using legendaries (Atleast the huge ones like Lugia and Zekrom) to be tremendously boring, however I might find myself using some of the smaller legendaries (Articuno, Entei, etc.) at times though. I usually just catch legendaries to collect them.

Mr. Ribbles

Cubchoo Lover
I usualy just use small ones like Latios, but ones like Ho-oh and stuff...bleh. what Ally said.

I rarely use them. Sometimes I just like to train them to level 100 and then put them in my box.
It isn't cheating if you use them. Just use them in the right categories when you're doing wifi battles.

Also I get the feeling a lot of people here seem to think all the legendaries are in the uber category. Quite a lot of them are in the OU class and aren't better than other OU pokemon. Heck that's why there are different categories.

Swampasaur

The Swamp Creature!
Agree with you 100!!%, why do people have to exaggerate always? using OU pokemon, right? its more fun using normal(Not normal type) pokemon! :D

Not necessarily OU. Whatever Pokemon I like, I usually find a way to make it work competitively (with a couple of exceptions).

Sidewinder

Ours is the Fury
After I transfer my keeper pokemon and start a new file, I usually play through the game and capture most of them

I usually use them vs wild Pokemon when I'm chaining for shinies if I'm not training any non-legendarys at the time, just because they can usually ko anything with one move

Yes I do. About half my lv. 100 pokemon are legendary. It makes the game just so much easier. Also, my friends I battle with over wi-fi use legendary teams so I have to be on par with that.

Yeah. My Lugia knows Fly, Cut, Strength, and Surf. All I use them for is HM slaves.

Except for Thunderus. His only HM is Fly. c:

ebevan91

The only one I really used a bunch was Groudon, Ruby of course.

I thought it was so cool, so I just had to use it.

I did use my Zekrom just a little bit too, it's like level 58 I believe.

Neonflame91

I don't see what the problem is with using legendary pokemon. I started a new game on SoulSilver, and plan on using Ho-ho just because I think it's awesome. And people who use pokemon such as Dragonite/Garchomp/Blissey/etc. and have a problem with using legendaries just have a double standard. Besides, if you have a good move pool for a pokemon and raise its stats high enough with stuff like carbon and iron, even a level 60 raticate could kill a level 60 Darkrai. Depending on how you use the pokemon, you could kill any other pokemon legendary or not.

icebolt

Aerial Ace
I don't really see why some people think any and all legendary Pokemon = OMG HOW CHEAP USE JUMPLUFF U NOOB. Well, okay, some of them are definitely cheap, but the 580- and 600- BST legendaries are no stronger than Pokemon like Dragonite/Tyranitar/Salamence etc, and even then some of them have worse stat distribution, worse movepools and/or worse typings.
I myself usually only use them if I liek them lots or for some reason I really need one.

Last edited:

Poetry

Dancing Mad
I use legendaries often, purely for the sake of convenience to help me clear the game quickly. I understand why they may be looked down upon in the world of competitive battling, but for in-game use, they're fine; especially when you're a person who just doesn't care about the individual Pokemon much and will settle for anything as long as it's powerful and learn good moves.

Outburstz

Legendries are just cheap and there is no real point to them other then the illusion of greatness if you catch them and beat people with them in battles. I have never used them in battle and I never will use legendries.

petrelicious

Miserable Fart
I only really use Zapdos because I love it's design, and Suicune for the same reason. uwu
But no, I don't like using the /mascot/ legendaries because I feel like I'm cheating.

Status
Not open for further replies.