1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Do you use monotypes?

Discussion in 'Poképolls' started by OnceDone, Feb 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OnceDone

OnceDone Well-Known Member

Do any of you use Monotypes of maybe , your favorite Pokemon type? For those of you who don't know what a monotype is, it is when you only use a specific type of Pokemon in a game, such as Bug. So, do you, and if so, what type?

2. Ditto B1tch

Ditto B1tch Well-Known Member

No, I have been always used a balanced type team. The only type I would try a monotype team would be water type due their high variety of double types combo and Pokemons.

3. CinccinoChic

CinccinoChic Normal-Type Trainer

I do! I use normal types! Normal happens to be my favorite type, so I enjoy it a lot, but it can be a bit challenging at times.

4. Colt45

Colt45 Cobalt

Nope, but I would like to try it one day, probably starting with electric, my favorite type.

5. Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama

Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama Fancy footwork

Water types would be in my range since they're my favorite. I have my own team for em'.

6. Rebel562

Rebel562 Odd Teambuilder

I put together a mono-Fire after I beat the Pearl champion to do the aftergame stuff with. Was pretty cool, until I need to Surf somewhere.

7. icebolt

icebolt Aerial Ace

Tried a grass-type monotype in Black. I had to rely on a Ferrothorn for pretty much everything, so I was screwed when we met that Fire Blast spamming Chandelure in the Elite 4 and whenever we ran into a Darmanitan. Aah... I'm not going through that again.

8. carboncopy

carboncopy (-) (-) (-) (-)

I used to use a water mono-type, but, after gen 5 I started using a bug mono-type. Gen 5 has some great bug pokes.

9. Crimson Penguin

Crimson Penguin Marchin' on

Yes, I've completed seven monotypes in Platinum, and am currently on my eighth (Flying). It's been a neat experience going through the game with only one type. You really become more aware of the strengths and weaknesses of each one, and I've liked coming up with different strategies to overcome those weaknesses I encounter along the way, not to mention that I've had an opportunity to use Pokemon I'd never even considered putting on my team before. I think my favorites so far have been Water and Grass - it's fun kicking butt with Bibarel and Plant Cloak Wormadam. :p

Last edited: Feb 25, 2013
  10. Bolt the Cat

Bolt the Cat Bringing the Thunder

No, but since BW2 is giving out medals for it, I'm definitely going to raise at least one monotype team (although I've already beaten the game, so it's just going to be for the Elite 4).

11. BritishLanguage

BritishLanguage I enjoy earth day

I have done monotype runs in Leaf Green for Bug, Flying, Normal, and Electric. I'm currently doing it with Fire.

12. shadorai

shadorai wandering trainer

i usually like doing balanced teams, but i do love using monotypes at times like steel or ice.

13. Lucario95

Lucario95 Behold The Aura!

Well I prefer to have a balanced team, but having a monotype team will be interesting since I never had one

14. OnceDone

OnceDone Well-Known Member

Glad to see all the people who use monotypes!
    And for those of you who don't, try it!
    It can be very fun and unique!

15. *~Silver*~

*~Silver*~ Well-Known Member

I usually train teams with various types, but there have been a few games where I've monotyped the Dark Type. I just like them I guess... xD Umbreon, Absol and Houndoom are just awesome...

Yeah... xD

16. Silver Bolt

Silver Bolt Undying flames

I don't. I tried it once, and I didn't like it. I rather have a variety of types. It's just kinda boring using only one type.

17. AuroriumX

AuroriumX The Interceptor

I usually have one pure Water or Electric type on my team.

18. ToeyJoey

ToeyJoey Forward...

I haven't done a monotype and I haven't really considered doing one, I won't.

Hmm...

19. AuroriumX

AuroriumX The Interceptor

Facepalm. I misunderstood the question. So the answer is no :p.

20. stevencloser

stevencloser Well-Known Member

I did a Flying team once. It wasn't too bad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.