• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do You Use Nicknames?

Do You Use Nicknames?

• Yes

Votes: 26 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 11 16.9%
  • It depends

Votes: 28 43.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HM02gon

Waiting...
I always nickname my In-game teams, shines, and IV breeds, but I usually don't nickname dex-fillers.

(guys dex-fillers auto corrects to sex-fillers on my computer)

Elfwink

I think nicknaming is fun, and will I probably choose to nickname any important Pokemon.

Although I tend to keep the original names of legendaries.

Milennin

*hugs Absol*
I nickname everything that I end up using/plan on using on my team, with the exception of legendaries.

XXD17

Draco rex
I only nickname the pokemon that I breed myself.

Ace Kenshader

Dreaming sexy
Not usually; most of the time I tend to give nicknames to my pokemon after I beaten the game. Have no idea why though xD

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
I didn't used to nickname my Pokemon, but after nicknaming my Magnemite on Black 2 I started to at least give nicknames to the Pokemon on my in-game team.

Vern

Why not both?
I've taken to Nico among Pokemon in an adjective noun format, always with aliteration. Tentacled Terror, Creepy Candle, etc.

Tangeh

I never did until FRLG when I started nicknaming EVERYTHING. I'm not sure why the sudden change of heart but yeah lol. So for half of gen III and all of gen IV / V I nicknamed everything I caught. If it was for a dex entry I'd literally just name it the first thing that came to mind... usually an alteration of the pokemon's name or a trait related to them. Beginning in Gen VI I now only nickname pokemon I'm using competitively or on an IGT. I don't nickname legendaries regardless anymore.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
The only time I nicknamed my pokemon was FireRed. Other than that I never nicknamed them throughout the games.

Recently I nickname only if I catch a shiny pokemon.

I tend to give my ingame team nicknames, but any Pokemon I catch to fill my dex and legendaries tend not to be nicknamed aside from a few rare occasions.

Polecat

Cool Cat
I nickname all of my Pokemon, and am kinda crazy about it. I actually won't usually use a gift Pokemon, even if I really like it, if I can't nickname it (Like N's Zorua).

MegaMeganium

Dropping Bloom Dooms
I use nicknames only if it sounds cooler or if it brings back memories, like my Skitty is named Scruffie, because my cat is named Scruffie, and My Blastoise is Hydroblast, because he's two water shooting Shoop-Da-Woops in one pokemon. And Pikachu is Thunder, because REASONS

I do use nicknames, but only real names. I don't like cute names like "lala"or "fluffy" etc. I'd rather name my pokémon Jackson or Kenneth.

Buuz

Smash Trainer
Sometimes i do. Recently i caught two Heracross, both were males with Adamant nature and the Guts ability. But they were gonna be used differently, one of them would use a Mega Stone and the other would not. The one with the Mega Stone is called Crossfire, the one with a Flame Orb is called Spartacus.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I tend to have a different theme of nicknames with each run I play.

In my first run of Pokémon X, all of my pokemon were nicknamed with adjectives. For example, I named my Greninja Justified, my Aegislash Relinquished, and my Florges Rejuvenated.

During my first run of Pokémon White, I named all of my pokemon after X-Men characters. My Scolipede was named Lockheed.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
I've always been kind of OC about naming (it feels like they deserve names), so yeah, I name them all, except sometimes legendaries and pokemon I catch specifically for trade (which I've only recently been able to bring myself to do).

MonMonCandie

Radio - On Air!
Depends. I've been nicknaming my main ingame team since XY now, and any Pokemon I EV trained I also nickname. Other than that, I don't usually nickname my Pokemon because I'm lazy and not too creative with nicknames. :X

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
All the time. My personal favorite nicknames that I've given are as followed: Cassandra the Absol, Xerox the Ditto, F. (stands for Furious) George the Primape, Mia the Fearrow, Lady Luck for Chansey, Chatty Cathy the Chatot, Tom Jones the Hitmontop, SailorMoon the Cresslia, and Calle Marie for Malamar.

Status
Not open for further replies.