• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do You Use Nicknames?

Do You Use Nicknames?

• Yes

Votes: 26 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 11 16.9%
  • It depends

Votes: 28 43.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
I nickname Pokémon a lot. Usually my in-game team, but I've nicknamed many other Pokémon. XD Usually the nicknames vary, but typically they're whatever I feel like. Like Gallron for my female Garchomp, ElecticSea (it was a typo, actually. XD) the male Eelektross and Zelda the male Charizard. No, Zelda's not like The Legend of Zelda's Zelda at all. XD

Vern

Why not both?
Cassandra the Absol.

Dang. Someone thought about that before me. I've taken to naming them real names now, and a few names I've gotten attached to are Cassandra, Penelope, Georgina, Vern (my beloved Noivern), and Turbo (The Blastoise. It originated from a funny story.).

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Cassandra used for Absol actually comes from Greek mythology. Cassandra was a prophetess who spurned one of the gods' (I can never remember which one but I think it was either Zeus or Apollo) love and was cursed to see future events but no one would ever believe her. The name means "Prophetess of Doom" and Absol being the Disaster Pokemon, it fits very well. I like using puns and play on words based on celebrity names. I also have a Wobbuffet named "JimmiBuffet".

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
The nicknames that HAVE to be used in every game are Cassandra the Absol, Xerox the Ditto, F. George the Mankey/Primape, and Chatty Cathy the Chatot. Most of my games also include a Cuddles the Jigglypuff or a male Iggybuff named Iggy (like Iggy Pop) but not always.

Hasty

Moonside
I use only nicknames if I come up with a cool and fitting one. So, most of the time the majority of the Pokemon I use don't have nicknames.

I like every kind of nickname and use them... human names, "mythological" names, puns, fitting words, references to movies/series I like, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.