• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you use strictly new regional Pokèmon in new Pokèmon games?

How do you set your party up for new Pokèmon games?

• Just old Pokémon

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Always. It's a great limitation that forces me to use and experiment with new Pokemon. Had I not made this rule, I would've never experience the fun I have of using a Coalossal.

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
I try to, I don’t recall my in-game teams pre-Gen 5 but discounting BW (where only new Pokémon are available before beating the game) Sword was when my team is primarily made up of new Pokémon, Drilbur is the only one hailing from a previous generation. It was a bit too easy to defer to “old” generations in Gen 6 and Alola hampered the use of many of the new Pokémon by making most of them hard to find (save for the Pikipek, Yungoos and Alolan Rattata lines). There is Grubbin but is was silly vanilla SM only made it that Vast Poni Canyon is the only place Charjabug can evolve.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Always new Pokemon if available but if someone it's not available I catch old mon but that I never used it before.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I don't usually think too much about what my teams will look like before playing a Pokemon game: I usually build my teams on the spot without thinking too much about which kinds of Pokemon I'll use. I generally stick with new Pokemon for the most part unless there's a lack of interesting new species, which is rare.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Mixture of both and I often switch Pokémon so that I can have an advantage in a Gym Battle or against the League/E4.

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
I mostly used a mixture of new and old Pokemon. In Sinnoh, some of my playthroughs used Quagsire or Golduck as my Water-type. In X, I had two old Pokemon (Charizard, Roserade) in my main story run compared to 4 new 6th Gen Pokemon (Greninja, Sylveon, Pangoro, Meowstic). Moon was mostly Gen 7, while in Ultra Moon I did use Magnezone due to its great defensive typing and general advantage against most major opponents. In Alpha Sapphire, I mostly only used Hoenn Pokemon.

My teams tend to usually include a Grass/Fire/Water trio as well.

Alita54

Depends on the game and whether I like the new pokes or not. Usually it's a mix of new and old tho.

catzeye

Writer's Block
For the main playthrough I typically have 4-5 members of my team new Pokemon (regional variants count as new Pokemon to me). 1-2 may be old Pokemon that I haven't used before.

For example for Gen 8 I used all new pokemon except for Aegislash which is a Pokemon I hadn't use on a team until Shield.