• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you use the Red Gyarados?

Mamono

Need a ditto BAD!!
did anyone else use the Red Gyarados
I do,i love it :D

UStrainer40137

<---MINE!!!!
Haven't ever used one myself, but I might decide to EV train one if I can find a viable set that doesn't call for any egg moves.

Kalosian

So long
Caputed it, but I did not use it. Did not see the point of it, just used a regular Gyarados as my HM slave instead.

64bit

I used it on my SS after I cought it but just for a short time..

Shiny-Entei

Shiny Hunter
Yeah, a long time, he had 4 lives when i caugth it with the ultra ball, did fight it with my Entei and Croconaw (caugth Entei with masterball, didt want to roam Jotho ;l.).
Used a long time, likely 20 Pictures With him! Do now use RAYQUAZA and DIALGA, PALKIA, LUXRAY and INFERNAPE.. (100, 51, 81, 100 and 100, gonna raise Giratina if i have him)

DoubleJG3288

ポケモンはすごい!!
I use it on my HG story team. If I ever get myself a copy of SoulSilver for the heck of it, I will try and catch one with a decent nature for non-story purposes.

No. It's overrated.

lumiina

MM Breader
I used it to help me defeat a the electric gym leader one day, since my lead pokemon was electric and so it wasn't very effective.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I have to admit that I planned on using the Red Gyarados in SoulSilver version, but I ended up depositing it in the PC and I haven't gone back for it in over a year. I really do like Shiny Pokemon, but the Red Gyarados is so common these days that I didn't feel the need to keep it around. I think I traded the Red Gyarados from my HeartGold version so that should tell you that I don't really care for it :x

FullmetalPikachu

The drawing Pikachu
In my SS I did catch him. But ended up never using him, like I had originally planed. Main reason being that, in all my other pokemon games, I always use a Gyarados. So when I got HG, I was only going to catch him. But it turned out to be a female one, and just had to train it, haha ^^;

Mister_SGG

I caught him (mine was a him, so deal), if only the for the sense of accomplishment, but I never really trained him. There's not much that makes him any better from a regular Gyarados, and what does make him better isn't enough to make me like Red over Blue.

bushie

i caught the red gyrados and used it to beat the elite four. i liked it then i traded it for a mystery mew

Satori

ʮɳȿʈɵҏҏɐɓʟɝ
I don't and never will for one reason... It's considered shiny and I don't train shiny pokemon. There too valuable for me to train especially since I don't know how to EV train pokemon.

Pokémon Trainer Xande

Yu-Gi-Oh Duelist
. There too valuable for me to train especially since I don't know how to EV train pokemon.

Do you realize that it is hard to find someone that wants to trade a pokémon that 's valuable for a shiny that you will always find in a pokémon game?

About the question: No. I have trained in other saves. But it needs too much experience for leveling up. I don 't like to use pokémon that is Slow or Futuating on his experince needed to lv 100 classification.

Satori

ʮɳȿʈɵҏҏɐɓʟɝ
Do you realize that it is hard to find someone that wants to trade a pokémon that 's valuable for a shiny that you will always find in a pokémon game?

Yes well for a person who's first shiny, a Ratatta, was caught in the cave beside Ecruteak City (HGSS not GSC) its still considered valuable to me.

I've been playing Pokemon since GSC and have played Yellow version after playing Gold and a friends' Crystal.

Pseudo-Unlegendary

I be an Exotic One
I caught him as a trophy and I use him as an HM SLAVE.

ModerateShadow

Experienced Trainer
I caught him ... hes actualy on my E4 team atm ... still havent beaten it tho.

My Team:
LVL 41 Raikou
LVL46 Typhlosion
LVL 46 Lugia
LVL 44 RED Gyarados
LVL 38 Graveler

LegitBreeder

Master Breeder
Hatched an adamant shiny and EV'd that before catching lake of rage gyarados which isn't trained - the one I hatched is trained and relatively flawless but I don't use it competitively :/ I dislike using shinies because false accusations annoy me and I don't use legends either because when I started out their use was frowned upon competitively... the old group still has its grip on me >.>