• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you use the Red Gyarados?

Yang_Wolf

A Foongus Amoongus!
Yes...her name is Mulan, like the Disney character. She is now level 100. She's awesome.

DasBoot

I used him on my first playthrough of Heart Gold, and then I restarted it, and played the second time without using him because I already had a water type on my team.
I restarted again, and plan on using Typlosion this time. But I want to get a good natured one so I can use him in competitve so I don't plan on using him this time.

XX-SHADOW-XX

Sir Aaron's Lucario
I caught it and had it in my team for resonably long until I traded over all my best legendarys from diamond over, then he never saw the light of day again XD and he's the ONLY shiney I have!

SilverQuil

FireMohawk of DOOM
The Red Gyarados used to be the Water-type on my IGT. Nicknamed it Fluffy :)
Then I got my Vaporeon, and Fluffy went in the PC box.

KiwiDude

Poké-Shop Owner
Probably not, since I have every Water Starter I'll probably use Empoleon as my main Water type Pokemon, or Milotic/Kingdra (better stats IMO, no x4 weaknesses)

rykerr1

The Great Gublet
I use it if it fits into my team. But I have my wonderful shiny Feraligatr on this playthrough, so it is now my surf/waterfall/whirlpool slave haha.

Stocking

┐('へ')┌
HAHA.
Nope, I didn't even bother to try get good nature for him.

azurimon

► A ▼ x2
I did use it in the 2nd gen. Silver version, but I just stored it in my PC for this gen since I already had a Kingdra. I kept resetting for an adamant one though.

zapto369

Because I'm Worth It
I used for a little bit in the original 2nd gen games, but not very much before boxing it.

BattleFanatic14

That stupid red Gyarados was one of the hardest Pokémon for me to catch. I accidentally defeated it and was worried I'd never get to face it again.

No, I don't use it.

pokebeast8

The Awesomest
I used it on my first play through. It was a great and valuable pokemon with ice fang against Lance. Also gyarados in general is a great pokemon with good attack and special defense. The only problem I have with it is its 4x weakness to electric.