• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Do you use the Red Gyarados?

I always use it in every one of my re-plays :). I normally don't like the color red but red gyrados looks so awsome and its easy to SR for a good nature. Ice fang for the elite four also permanently cements it into my team.

empoleon49

Dawn's number 1 fan™
I caught it, kept it in the PC, but never used it.

Cressy

I got it and used it some. Its my hm slave. And only a mere lvl 32.

Golemite

At the moment in my newish SS save, I picked it up going against Pryce, just to be on the safe side. It turned out that I didn't need it; my Heracross and newly evolved Ampharos with Iron Tail took care of the old man. Otherwise the red Gyarados will either stay in PC, or I might actually make a new team once the Kanto part starts. That is, ditch my exclusive Johtoan Pokémon and start a new team with only Kanto Pokémon in it. Would take a lot of time to train a completely new team, but at least I wouldn't be grinding as easily as usually. That is, for the first time in a long time I'm even paying a relatively close attention to Natures and smart movesets, and the game has gotten even easier than it normally is. With new Kanto guys on the party, I'd be underleveled, and I'm fine with that. :)

Thinking of my complete Kanto team being something along the lines of the red Gyarados, Persian, Ninetales, Dragonite, Hitmonlee and Hypno. Would feature many Pokémon I've never really used before, and be, like, my second ever team without a STAB EQ! :D The first one is going on right now as soon as Pupitar will evolve into Tyranitar...

Nurse Joy

I caught it, but I not using it know. Maybe later on after I have beaten the game I 'll go back and train it.

Perilous Plaything

Up to no good
I'm mighty tempted to raise the Red Gyarados when I catch it, as I'm still in need of a water Pokemon, but I don't know yet. As great as it is, I always seem to have one on my team and I've been trying not to do that on the last few games.

Then again, that Shiny Gyarados would go great with my Shiny Crobat...

Fruits26

It's GATR time!
I caught one before the one in the lake, and I still use it :). (luck one) I gave the lake one to my friend, he really wanted it. I've actually caught a red gyarados in Diamond near the mansion :D

SoulMuse

Shadow of nothing
I will use it for and HM slave, but otherwise it is siting in my PC on either Platinum or Heartgold, I don't remember which; tells you how much I cared about it doesn't it?

craigprime

X&Y Supporter
No, I prefer the Gyarados I got by evolving the Magikarp I got from the Pokewalker on Champions Road. It knows bounce.

Jonah the Slaking

Couch-bound Warrior
I do, since I'm impatient and don't know where wild Gyarados are (plus he won me the 8th gym badge nearly solo).

Da Man X

Cυrsιvε Rσcκs-DαMαπΧ
Meh, I only used it for E4 and gym leaders. Other than that, No.

JMS719

I used the Red Gyarados all the time. I love Gyarados and I love shinies. I follow the philosophy of the game gave you an awesome shiny so you might as well use it.

swiftswimmers24

Karp Apprentice
it's part of my team that defeated red. it was at level 61, and now at level 76.